2019 Map

Dukeicon

On 5/8/2019 at 3:01 PM, Rubber Soldier said:

Yeah he’s slightly irritating, but clearly knows and loves the festival. He’s done his job anyway, because I got a little bit emotional and almost a little teary when they showed The Park hill and sign. Excitement levels are through the roof now.  

I enjoyed it, then he said The Temple had 'literally blown my mind'. I let it go... AND THEN HE FUCKING SAID IT AGAIN ABOUT THE VIEW FROM THE PARK!

On 5/8/2019 at 1:27 PM, Fork_UK said:

Some sort of red frame going up in Arcadia

1237850111_Screenshot2019-05-08at13_26_25.thumb.png.54cebcf566cafde53523d3baec837ea4.png

Message my Glasto veteran mate sent to the group the other day (Hannah being his fiance):

"Hannah’s brother is mates with the owner of Arcadia. They're building a hanging structure with a massive crane and other spangly bits, they’ve had to put piled foundations in."

35 minutes ago, Homer said:

Message my Glasto veteran mate sent to the group the other day (Hannah being his fiance):

"Hannah’s brother is mates with the owner of Arcadia. They're building a hanging structure with a massive crane and other spangly bits, they’ve had to put piled foundations in."

What are "piled foundations" ?

1 hour ago, Mr.Tease said:

What are "piled foundations" ?

1 hour ago, Charm said:

Rods are driven deep into the soil to provide support for a structure.  

Charm x

What Charm said.

Reinforced concrete columns driven or drilled in to the ground to support a structure and to stop it moving/sinking.

4 minutes ago, Homer said:

No idea - I took it to mean 'it's f@cking big'.

Cheers Charm!

As Homer says, it implies that it's big. The spider was some structure and that required no foundations. I can't wait to see this.

12 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

^ That last pic .

If they're refering to the big thing under the big crane that is the roof of The Other Stage going up.

The plot thickens....will the crane move onto Arcadia foundations or are we way off the mark? They’ve done well to keep it all under wraps must be a fair few people working on it and in the know.

4 minutes ago, morph100 said:

The plot thickens....will the crane move onto Arcadia foundations or are we way off the mark? They’ve done well to keep it all under wraps must be a fair few people working on it and in the know.

Yep.

1)  No pile drivers in the pic.

2) Arcadia have always used huge cranes for their build so will have that one or a different one. (Should try to find pic of Arcadia giant crane being towed out of the swamp by about eight enormous tractors after 2016 festival)

3) Arcadia build not yet started.

4)

36 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep.

2) Arcadia have always used huge cranes for their build so will have that one or a different one. (Should try to find pic of Arcadia giant crane being towed out of the swamp by about eight enormous tractors after 2016 festival)

4) Profit???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Yep.

4)

There's been plenty of concrete lorries at Arcadia over the last week or so and what could have been a piling rig.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Would anyone say the new Arcadia has moved closer down towards the railway track, or is it basically the same spot? Help me settle a debate. I say it's the same, considering the map giff comparison.

Screenshot_20190521-095249_Chrome.jpg

It's in the same place.
10-00-00_default.jpg

10-00-00_default.jpg

Hmm, looking at the more recent map updates they appear to have completely closed the pathway from west holts to Avalon (Due to Glastonbury Latino), and instead you now have to go via the cabaret field. Also seem to have move some of the stalls in the Avalon field to where the pathway used to be

So, my current plan is to watch Jamie Lenman on the Scum stage in Shangri-La (half past midnight until 1.15am) after Christine and the Queens finish on the Sunday night.. Is this doable with getting to that part of the site?

I'd then head home after Jamie's set. Will I avoid the rush to get out after The Cure or get stuck in an even longer queue?

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

So, my current plan is to watch Jamie Lenman on the Scum stage in Shangri-La (half past midnight until 1.15am) after Christine and the Queens finish on the Sunday night.. Is this doable with getting to that part of the site?

I'd then head home after Jamie's set. Will I avoid the rush to get out after The Cure or get stuck in an even longer queue?

tricky to say as they've removed the "SE Corner access point" sign on the map, so not sure exactly if they plan on changing something or if they've just forgotten to put it back on. If it is just the same as last time, then likely it will be busy (as other folk will be walking from other to SE Corner, plus the West Holts lot (who get a head start), plus the Pyramid folk . You do have an hour and a bit though.

It's up to you! If Jamie is your priority and you don't mind leaving Christine early, then setting off 5 or ten mins before they close is the safest bet to avoid the crowd (the key is to be past West Holts before Janelle Monet finishes, so that would be at least 10 mins)- likely you would have next to no queuing.

If you like Christine just as much and don't want to miss any of it, then make sure your on the side of the stage nearest the route to SE corner, walk swiftly when it finishes, and hope for the best! If you're lucky you might just beat the pyramidders and only have the west holts rabble to contend with!

I haven't actually tried going to SE corner immediately after the sunday headliners in many years so can't say how busy it actually is or how long the question times are. Shangri La usually gets rammed though.