The Chemical Brothers 2019

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Hopkins is Friday, but otherwise, yes.

I saw Hot Chip the other week and I don't like The Killers, so I'm pretty pleased!

What's the thinking / info. on where Hopkins will play on Friday?

Just now, Superunknown said:

JP I reckon, think it would go down well. 

Just now, Madyaker said:

I thought he was pencilled in for West Holts? Would be special. 

Either will do me, tbh.

He was great on the Park a few years back. And it was relatively quiet as everyone seemed to be at Kanye.

Just now, Woffy said:

Either will do me, tbh.

He was great on the Park a few years back. And it was relatively quiet as everyone seemed to be at Kanye.

Aye, not sure why but I thought someone was already on WH on Friday, think I had it in my head Lauryn Hill was doing it but obvs on the Pyramid now. 

WH or JP would be magic, was set to see Stormzy but very tempted by Jon Hopkins now.

3 minutes ago, Superunknown said:

Aye, not sure why but I thought someone was already on WH on Friday, think I had it in my head Lauryn Hill was doing it but obvs on the Pyramid now. 

WH or JP would be magic, was set to see Stormzy but very tempted by Jon Hopkins now.

Hoppo on JP would be perfect.

A headliner trio of:

Hoppo - JP

Hot Chip - Park

Janelle - WH

Hooooweeee.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Homer said:

Go to Arcadia on Thursday night. They do an unannounced dress rehearsal on Thursday every year. I go every year. it's a great way to catch the show clash-free!

Really?? I never knew that even after 7 glastonburys! Good call, I will do that. Thanks!

Is it usually at a similar time to the other nights (11ish)?

3 hours ago, Homer said:

If you haven't seen them before, the Chems' live set is fairly mind-blowing.

Saw them at Sziget a couple of years back and was massively disappointed.

Although, I was towards the back and the crowd weren’t really in to it. Fingers crossed they win me over this time.

8 hours ago, barkley87 said:

Really?? I never knew that even after 7 glastonburys! Good call, I will do that. Thanks!

Is it usually at a similar time to the other nights (11ish)?

Indeed, my mate’s brother works for Arcadia bar, so that’s how we originally heard about it. I’m sure it gets discussed on here too though. 

I think it’s generally a bit earlier - just after sunset. Get there between 8 and 9 maybe? Here is a pic of the mrs and I there two years ago, so it looks like that sort of time...

91DB07EC-5B40-4E8B-9561-06C933877CB5.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Indeed, my mate’s brother works for Arcadia bar, so that’s how we originally heard about it. I’m sure it gets discussed on here too though. 

I think it’s generally a bit earlier - just after sunset. Get there between 8 and 9 maybe? Here is a pic of the mrs and I there two years ago, so it looks like that sort of time...

91DB07EC-5B40-4E8B-9561-06C933877CB5.jpeg

There no spider this year and it's going to be something new. I wonder if that will impact the rehearsal bit (I caught the rehearsal thursday last year also)

6 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

There no spider this year and it's going to be something new. I wonder if that will impact the rehearsal bit (I caught the rehearsal thursday last year also)

I would have thought if anything that would make the dress rehearsal even more likely! I''m sure it will be on - I've been about the last five years at least. My mate is actually working Arcadia bar, as well as his brother, this year as couldn't get a ticket, so I'll try and find out and post here closer to the time.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Homer said:

I would have thought if anything that would make the dress rehearsal even more likely! I''m sure it will be on - I've been about the last five years at least. My mate is actually working Arcadia bar, as well as his brother, this year as couldn't get a ticket, so I'll try and find out and post here closer to the time.

Ah great stuff, I'll keep a look out. Thanks! 

8 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

The track "No Geography" is something special.

My favourite on the album. So so good. 

I missed out on tickets yesterday, so I’m going to APE instead, hoping they play an extended version of it there. 

No Geography is the favourite track of everyone I know that I've spoken to about the album. I can't stop listening to it! 

Even though I'm seeing them at APE I think I'm more excited about Glastonbury. There's something special about the Chems in that field! 

I'm still really enjoying the album.  To use a modern term, there's a lot of 'fan service' in there.  But why not?  25 years and nine albums deep, I don't expect or want them to re-invent themselves.  I just want them to make a fucking good Chemical Brothers record, which they have.