The Co-Op at Glastonbury

stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, gtf said:

The Co-op doesn't use plastic for their pre-packed sandwiches in their shops so I expect that will be maintained for the festival.  

The 'windows' in the cardboard packaging for triangle sandwiches and wraps are plastic, no? Which makes the packaging hard to recycle unless you separate the window from the cardboard.

9 hours ago, pie_and_a_pint said:

The 'windows' in the cardboard packaging for triangle sandwiches and wraps are plastic, no? Which makes the packaging hard to recycle unless you separate the window from the cardboard.

Film window will be PLA or another plant based compostable film and therefore there is no need to remove it before recycling the cardboard.

9 hours ago, Stokesy10 said:

Hmm seems an odd spot on Park Home Ground. Very close to the lockups end medical centre then?

It's right be a hard standing access road, which it needs to be to restock & comply with the site wide vehicle bands

Edited by Dukeicon

First timer here, travelling down on the national express....

As the co-op won't be selling Alcohol. Will it be relatively straightforward to make a booze run on the shuttle into a nearby town? Thinking of getting it out of the way late Wednesday, early Thursday. Or will i be at the mercy of the traffic gods?

Sorry if this has already been covered

13 minutes ago, Rogbrebnyak said:

First timer here, travelling down on the national express....

As the co-op won't be selling Alcohol. Will it be relatively straightforward to make a booze run on the shuttle into a nearby town? Thinking of getting it out of the way late Wednesday, early Thursday. Or will i be at the mercy of the traffic gods?

Sorry if this has already been covered

You can do it but it involves leaving the festival (which you really won't want to do, believe me) and takes a good couple of hours. Buses only run hourly so you have a fair wait to come back, plus trekking to and from the bus stop etc. Most people bring as much as they possibly can and forget about the outside world once through the gates.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

You can do it but it involves leaving the festival (which you really won't want to do, believe me) and takes a good couple of hours. Buses only run hourly so you have a fair wait to come back, plus trekking to and from the bus stop etc. Most people bring as much as they possibly can and forget about the outside world once through the gates.

Thanks!

Looks like i might be well served to bring a second booze bag and deal with the punishing walk to the campsite. Well worth it in the long run.

At least there will be mixer available on site.

3 minutes ago, Rogbrebnyak said:

Thanks!

Looks like i might be well served to bring a second booze bag and deal with the punishing walk to the campsite. Well worth it in the long run.

At least there will be mixer available on site.

Second trip back to your car to grab more booze after you've put your tent up isn't too bad at all. It's become a bit of a ritual for me now. You don't have to queue up when you re-enter either as you'll already have your wristband.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Second trip back to your car to grab more booze after you've put your tent up isn't too bad at all. It's become a bit of a ritual for me now. You don't have to queue up when you re-enter either as you'll already have your wristband.

Usually i would do that but unfortunately i'm getting the national express down. :(

If you’re arriving by bus think about checking in your heavy booze bag into the lockup’s by gate A. Then you can go back and collect it after pitching your tent   Takes the hard work of traipsing around looking for a spot while being loaded up like a pack horse away. 

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, tarw said:

If you’re arriving by bus think about checking in your heavy booze bag into the lockup’s by gate A. Then you can go back and collect it after pitching your tent   Takes the hard work of traipsing around looking for a spot while being loaded up like a pack horse away. 

This is a fantastic suggestion. Thanks a lot!

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:44 PM, stuartbert two hats said:

I might screenshot this post and share it on Facebook!

Underrated post, Stu. Upvoted.

I've posted a screenshot of it on our Glasto WhatsApp Group.

54 minutes ago, tarw said:

Top tip!

• Like 1