2020 headliners

jj200

27 minutes ago, jparx said:

I was just thinking yesterday about the most horrific uses of Chris Martin for next year. The worst I could think was he comes out with Macca and imitates John Lennon, rattling through Come Together and A Day in the Life...? 

That would be incredible banter and he'd have my respect forever.

16 hours ago, jparx said:

I was just thinking yesterday about the most horrific uses of Chris Martin for next year. The worst I could think was he comes out with Macca and imitates John Lennon, rattling through Come Together and A Day in the Life...? 

He really is like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/8/2019 at 9:27 PM, March Hare said:

Totally agree about the hype. They way people are talking about the 50th year would have you think that every artist who can headline on a ‘normal’ year will play.  Coldplay at 18:00 on West Holts, Green Day opening up the Sunday at the Park. Madonna, if she is lucky, gets a spot at John Peel.

That said, ticket day will be manic as it has been for the last 5/6 years. I also think re-sale will be the same number as enough people will go just to satisfy their curiosity.  Good for them, I’m sure they will love it as much as the rest of us.

I'm not sure about the resale, lineup is out by then and I feel the cost won't justify it to a lot of people. I also think a lot of younger people like the idea of seeing FM etc than the reality for £230. I more hope you're wrong!! I have already resigned myself to resale though 

Hello all! ?

Have been going back and forth about whether to post this on here or not as have been following the efests forums for many a year now and know how information from randomers can be received, but I decided what harm can it do! I have it on very good authority from a friend who works at one of the major agencies that Kendrick is all but signed to headlines next year! That’s all I know but I do completely trust it as being right at the moment :)

Edited by hen123

1 minute ago, hen123 said:

Hello all! ?

Have been going back and forth about whether to post this on here or not as have been following the efests forums for many a year now and know how information from randomers can be received, but I decided what harm can it do! I have it on reliable terms from a friend who works at one of the major agencies that Kendrick is all but signed to headlines next year! That’s all I know but I do completely trust it as being right at the moment :)

Please post more if you can continue to provide such positive news. Seems massively unlikely but we've got no other leads, I have decided to trust you 100%.

• Upvote 1

I don’t think I’d be overly surprised to see Kendrick top the bill! And I’m still 99.9% adamant on good authority that Fleetwood Mac will be there. But it could be Macca, Taylor Swift, Foals, Kendrick or maybe 1975 on the other days! Who knows! And of course there are others but those are the ones floating about?

Edited by ThomJG

Whose available and who they can afford does factor in quite heavily but I still think they want to nail the 50th! And I would be really shocked to see 1975 headlining, I think subbing one of the headliners is much more likely! They haven’t got the back catalogue Foals have or the long running relationship with the festival, and we won’t see both headline. They might headline the other stage! Bigger bands have done it, Tame impala and chemical brothers this year alone 

Edited by ThomJG
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’ll still depend on who is available next summer, just as it always does.

The 1975 look nailed on to me.

It’s not just any other year though, is it? I seem to recall in 2017 EE saying that they’d already got 2 of the headliners for 2020 pencilled in, can’t imagine The 1975 being one of those.