If I won the lottery

morph100

8 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Property for sale in Pilton alert 🚨 

Would suit older couple or anyone certain  they won’t be having children. 
Is it time to downsize and get free tickets too? 

Anyone who buys having seen this post is contractually obliged to donate two of their locals tickets to me and Mrs B for the next 5 festivals*. 

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/60678419?utm_source=v1:5bWFDybfWx7C7AGpeagt7mP3PgcqjuqJ&utm_medium=api 

* not legally binding, but… please? Pretty please. 

It’s in a nice quiet part of Pilton with the Co-op around the corner and pub 2 mins walk. Villagers gate to the festival is just 5 mins walk. 

23 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

How many tickets do you get if you own a house in Pilton then? Is it a set number or one for each official resident of the house? 

5/6 I believe, but I stand to be corrected. If I remember correctly from what's been posted before, each household gets a slip with space to add 5 or 6 names (I forget which) that can then be signed off by the festival office and, with a counterpart, used for access. Is that right @deebeedoobee @parsonjack

6 hours ago, blutarsky said:

5/6 I believe, but I stand to be corrected. If I remember correctly from what's been posted before, each household gets a slip with space to add 5 or 6 names (I forget which) that can then be signed off by the festival office and, with a counterpart, used for access. Is that right @deebeedoobee @parsonjack

6 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

How many tickets do you get if you own a house in Pilton then? Is it a set number or one for each official resident of the house? 

Each person in the house, that is on the electoral role, gets a ticket. 

1 hour ago, deebeedoobee said:

Entirely coincidental but I just changed my electoral role adress today 😂I’d imagine a disproportionate number of “kids” in Pilton haven’t left home yet 🙂 

Edited by crazyfool1

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Entirely coincidental but I just changed my electoral role adress today 😂I’d imagine a disproportionate number of “kids” in Pilton haven’t left home yet 🙂 

Electoral role is just to identify people. There are other checks so, no they wouldn't get a ticket if they don't live there.

I'd build a house on an island that I'd brought with only one jetty and automatic gun enlargements at certain places... 

I'd have an underwater electric power supply........ You know wave power...... So there would be plenty of fish.......... No fishing within a mile or guns get ya......... 

The island would have a forest and other habitats for animals and an orchard of cider trees.. 

Plus it would always be warm 

And at the end of the jetty would be a couple of signs 

1st..........Only visitors invited allowed 

2nd sign...... No the lottery didn't change me.. 

7 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

What's the internet like,I reckon I could work from home in pilton. 

Unfortunately my ethics would prevent me taking a relatively "affordable" home off of a local!

Although I'm not actually sure how they can use the electoral register as it's only the open version (which most people out out of) that they can buy. Using the closed version for other purposes could present interesting gdpr implications, not that anyone would complain tbh!

Edited by Leyrulion

13 hours ago, deebeedoobee said:

Electoral role is just to identify people. There are other checks so, no they wouldn't get a ticket if they don't live there.

Not sure if they would be so lenient now but a few years ago when Frome was still in the catchment for paid-for Local Tickets my neighbour got through on the phone to See (I think it was See then.....) and asked for 2 local tickets for her and her sister.  She was asked for addresses and gave hers genuinely as Frome, and her sister truthfully as somewhere in Wales.  The agent said her sister wasn't eligible, but when Rebecca said she didn't have anyone else to go with the agent said 'Oh, go on then, but don't tell anyone' and gave her 2 local tickets.

There are ways.....

1 hour ago, parsonjack said:

Not sure if they would be so lenient now but a few years ago when Frome was still in the catchment for paid-for Local Tickets my neighbour got through on the phone to See (I think it was See then.....) and asked for 2 local tickets for her and her sister.  She was asked for addresses and gave hers genuinely as Frome, and her sister truthfully as somewhere in Wales.  The agent said her sister wasn't eligible, but when Rebecca said she didn't have anyone else to go with the agent said 'Oh, go on then, but don't tell anyone' and gave her 2 local tickets.

There are ways.....

Yeh, it ain’t gonna happen these days.

10 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

What's the internet like,I reckon I could work from home in pilton. 

Unfortunately my ethics would prevent me taking a relatively "affordable" home off of a local!

Although I'm not actually sure how they can use the electoral register as it's only the open version (which most people out out of) that they can buy. Using the closed version for other purposes could present interesting gdpr implications, not that anyone would complain tbh!

Internet connection is good here. Although good luck finding an affordable home here. They are as rare as unicorn shit.

21 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Mrs Smith the Electoral role says there are 56 people living her yet it is a studio flat. 

We did have someone rejected for village tickets and found out from GFL that 25 people were registered at his house that he didn't know about. GFL do keep an eye on this, they sorted it out eventually.

15 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

We did have someone rejected for village tickets and found out from GFL that 25 people were registered at his house that he didn't know about. GFL do keep an eye on this, they sorted it out eventually.

😲 I supposed someone would try it on. Poor person