2021 Lineup

1 hour ago, theesundayroast said:

Dave is certainly a future headliner although I think a sub would be the perfect position at the moment. Think next year could certainly be a different prospect with bands such as Nothing But Thieves and Wolf Alice likely to be touring in the UK.

Based on this and with me thinking they'll try to upgrade LG, I'm thinking along the lines off

Stormzy/Lizzo/Lewis Capaldi(special guest)/Wolf Alice/All Time Low     

R1:Sam Fender/Brockhampton/Everything Everything

Arctic Monkeys/Gerry/TDCC(special guest)/NBT/D Block Europe               

R1:Jamie XX(closing set)/J Hus/Mahalia

RATM/Dave/IDLES/RTJ/Pale Waves(I'm trying to think of female artits, is this too low for Megan Thee Stallion or to high for Pale Waves?)

R1:Glass Animals/Fontaines DC/Slowthai

Edited by Gerard the Fab

Just putting out there that Stormzy has not rescheduled any dates he had planned for 2021 yet. He could have planned to not tour in 2021 and might want to stick to that. I know COVID pushes everything back but he might not do anything.

Travis as far as I know capped his tour off at Coachella. I don’t think he will be on the market for festivals in 2021 considering he wasn’t doing that many in 2020.

Just suggesting two artists that could be off the table.

1 hour ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Based on this and with me thinking they'll try to upgrade LG, I'm thinking along the lines off

RATM/Dave/IDLES/RTJ/Pale Waves(I'm trying to think of female artits, is this too low for Megan Thee Stallion or to high for Pale Waves?)

I love this but I think it’s too strong, don’t think they’d have the money for Rage, AM and Stormzy, let alone having TDCC, Capaldi as guest slots AND Lizzo in a slot that’s arguably too low.

Also I’d saw Pale Waves could do fourth on main stage.

I love it, and would be all over it - but if they loose any money from this year then that lineup would definitely be too expensive.

glass animals r1 headline, monkeys saturday and that great r1 run on friday. couldn't wish for much more honestly.

Also Dave must be considered as a co-head option because he would be insanely cheap - a LG esque booking but like even cheaper

edit:

Travis Scott

Arctic Monkeys

Foals // Dave

probably going to be dave headlining wireless though in 2021 on second thoughts?

Edited by gfa

42 minutes ago, gfa said:

glass animals r1 headline, monkeys saturday and that great r1 run on friday. couldn't wish for much more honestly.

Also Dave must be considered as a co-head option because he would be insanely cheap - a LG esque booking but like even cheaper

edit:

Travis Scott

Arctic Monkeys

Foals // Dave

probably going to be dave headlining wireless though in 2021 on second thoughts?

I like that set of headliners honestly, but I think they’d have a heavier band, maybe MCR over Arctic Monkeys

Edited by Gerard the Fab

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Just putting out there that Stormzy has not rescheduled any dates he had planned for 2021 yet. He could have planned to not tour in 2021 and might want to stick to that. I know COVID pushes everything back but he might not do anything.

Travis as far as I know capped his tour off at Coachella. I don’t think he will be on the market for festivals in 2021 considering he wasn’t doing that many in 2020.

Just suggesting two artists that could be off the table.

Don’t say that we’ll get Eminem

10 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Don’t say that we’ll get Eminem

I think it’s more likely we will get LG and Rage back and the third headliner will be someone already around which can do it.

I don’t think R&L are going to have the money to book a huge lineup next year, they will probably dish out a lot of refunds. 

I could see Courteeners stepping in for Stormzy if he doesn’t come back. Either way, I don’t think the lineup is going to come back stronger.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think it’s more likely we will get LG and Rage back and the third headliner will be someone already around which can do it.

I don’t think R&L are going to have the money to book a huge lineup next year, they will probably dish out a lot of refunds. 

I could see Courteeners stepping in for Stormzy if he doesn’t come back. Either way, I don’t think the lineup is going to come back stronger.

Courteeners and someone else surely

7 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Courteeners and someone else surely

Courteeners are so unpopular on this forum but probably the most popular band on that lineup with people who attend the festival. They are an easy choice for a bump up if things get sticky in 2021.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Courteeners are so unpopular on this forum but probably the most popular band on that lineup with people who attend the festival. They are an easy choice for a bump up if things get sticky in 2021.

I understand they’re popular, and I like some of their songs but I just can’t see them headlining 

11 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I understand they’re popular, and I like some of their songs but I just can’t see them headlining 

Why's that? They regularly tour arenas and have put on big out door gigs of their own in the past.

I'm intrigued that you can't see a stereotypical choice as a headliner but I've seen you post saying Dua Lipa who is so far removed from every headliner that Reading and Leeds have ever had as a possible headliner.

This isn't to say that I don't want Dua, but rather a query as to your thought process. 

2 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Why's that? They regularly tour arenas and have put on big out door gigs of their own in the past.

I'm intrigued that you can't see a stereotypical choice as a headliner but I've seen you post saying Dua Lipa who is so far removed from every headliner that Reading and Leeds have ever had as a possible headliner.

This isn't to say that I don't want Dua, but rather a query as to your thought process. 

It’s because Courteeners are very unpopular on here which is why many won’t see them as a potential headliner. I feel like they would be an immediate option if R&L were struggling.

25 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I agree they’re popular, idk what it is about them but seeing Courteeners at the top of the poster is something I personally cannot see. Imo there is more exciting bookings, plus they only have a couple of good songs 

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It’s because Courteeners are very unpopular on here which is why many won’t see them as a potential headliner. I feel like they would be an immediate option if R&L were struggling.

I think they’re unpopular on here because they play so much, I like the Wombats and the Vaccines a lot more but I think they’re a bit of an easy booking as well 

14 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

I agree they’re popular, idk what it is about them but seeing Courteeners at the top of the poster is something I personally cannot see. Imo there is more exciting bookings, plus they only have a couple of good songs 

But that’s an opinion that there is more exciting bookings (I agree) and they only have a few good songs (I disagree).

The facts are they’ve worked their way up bills for years, sell big numbers on their tours and would be a very popular choice amongst attendees.

You should be more aware of your choice of words. To say that you “can’t see it” is somewhat naive. To say you don’t want it is more accurate.

1 minute ago, metallimuse said:

But that’s an opinion that there is more exciting bookings (I agree) and they only have a few good songs (I disagree).

The facts are they’ve worked their way up bills for years, sell big numbers on their tours and would be a very popular choice amongst attendees.

You should be more aware of your choice of words. To say that you “can’t see it” is somewhat naive. To say you don’t want it is more accurate.

I can’t see it tho, I can’t imagine Courteeners atop the festival lineup until it happens, if it happens next year as an “alternative” to Stormzy then so be it, but I think that’s a wasted booking

I can’t see it tho, I can’t imagine Courteeners atop the festival lineup until it happens, if it happens next year as an “alternative” to Stormzy then so be it, but I think that’s a wasted booking

i have a complicated relationship with courteeners, i love the atmosphere they bring once i'm watching them but struggle to get excited when they're announced for the festivals i'm attending but this is probably due to the number of times i've seen them now.. at this point in their career they could easily headline the festival, they have a back catalogue of massive festival tunes and are huge within the dark fruits scene plus are one of the few british bands in recent years to shift 50,000 tickets in a single day, i think people underestimate their size due to the smaller gigs they take such as headlining Kendal Calling when in my opinion they could be aiming to headline major festivals

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Courteeners won't take stormzy's slot though, they will take LG's if anyone's.

All the current headliners are available it seems, its just whether Reading wants them back or not.

How about Royal Blood as one of the headliners? If their next album does as well as their first two surely they're now headliner level with three consecutive number 1 albums.

Alternatively, stick them on before Rage. That'd be pretty cool.

Edited by VCK