2021 Lineup

28 minutes ago, gfa said:

the catfish buzz has died down a lot recently. looking at their london shows i think its clear, community -> ape -> citadel -> clapham common. obviously a lot of shows but i think people have moved on after the balance was a bit rubbish

would definitely still sub though

I agree with the first part, the were just riding a wave that eventually crashed.

I think they still could sub, but I really don’t think they would at this point. They’ve always seemed pretty arrogant as a band, and at this point I feel like they’ll only headline (not saying they could, just saying that’s the standard they probably hold themselves to)

1 hour ago, Jack.194 said:

Think this is all a bit too similar to be true (although I personally would like it)

I can see Rage coming back, maybe swap out the co-headline for Rage.
Also I can’t see Catfish subbing, they seem to be only headlining smaller festivals lately, and not taking any slots below that anywhere else. 

Can’t see Courteeners passing up the chance to return either

Arctic Monkeys / TDCC / Sam Fender

Rage Against the Machine / Courteeners / Gerry Cinnamon

Travis Scott / AJ Tracey / Lizzo

That lineup would be absolutely bonkers and probably the strongest lineup they've had in years... which makes me think it won't happen. I also think Lizzo is way bigger than a third down. She is very popular with the general public and she'd get a Billie Eilish style crowd if she played on the mainstage. I think Lizzo is a coheadliner. The only festivals she signed up for in 2020 she was headlining so it seems like her management want to establish her as one. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

That lineup would be absolutely bonkers and probably the strongest lineup they've had in years... which makes me think it won't happen. I also think Lizzo is way bigger than a third down. She is very popular with the general public and she'd get a Billie Eilish style crowd if she played on the mainstage. I think Lizzo is a coheadliner. The only festivals she signed up for in 2020 she was headlining so it seems like her management want to establish her as one. 

You see I don’t think she would headline, she’s like a Capaldi, big enough to headline but won’t. Lizzo as a sub or special guest on a more mainstream day sit beautifully with me

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

You see I don’t think she would headline, she’s like a Capaldi, big enough to headline but won’t. Lizzo as a sub or special guest on a more mainstream day sit beautifully with me

I think my mum who barely knows anything about popular music listens to Lizzo. She's absolutely huge with the normies. 

I don't mean that in an offensive way but she's mad popular irrespective of whether she only has one album.

Lewis Capaldi is a British act, and typically American acts tend to ask for larger slots because they are flying over especially for it. Hence why acts like Macklemore have subbed. 

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I think my mum who barely knows anything about popular music listens to Lizzo. She's absolutely huge with the normies. 

I don't mean that in an offensive way but she's mad popular irrespective of whether she only has one album.

Lewis Capaldi is a British act, and typically American acts tend to ask for larger slots because they are flying over especially for it. Hence why acts like Macklemore have subbed. 

To be honest, I could see her either co headline or sub (putting her third down was probably a bit optimistic) - I missed her at Glastonbury last year so I’d love her to be at Reading, she’s surely due to play at some point though 

6 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

To be honest, I could see her either co headline or sub (putting her third down was probably a bit optimistic) - I missed her at Glastonbury last year so I’d love her to be at Reading, she’s surely due to play at some point though 

Yh third is quite far but a sub from Lizzo would be huge 

I just think she’s the type of artist that I’d happily see and jump around too which will prolly be just what everyone needs

53 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

I agree with the first part, the were just riding a wave that eventually crashed.

I think they still could sub, but I really don’t think they would at this point. They’ve always seemed pretty arrogant as a band, and at this point I feel like they’ll only headline (not saying they could, just saying that’s the standard they probably hold themselves to)

i think its more that reading want them exclusive/trnsmt as well only or something but catfish like to do tons of headline slots over fewer smaller ones. fair enough to them i think. its why sam fender and gerry aren't at every single festival in the country this year

• Upvote 1

Stormzy / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey

Arctic Monkeys / Gerry Cinnamon / Two Door Cinema Club

Rage Against The Machine / Dave / Run The Jewels

Courteeners to headline Latitude/another FR event (community probably a stretch down South given they were subbing KOL) 

11 minutes ago, Dukey said:

Gonna have a guess: 

Rage - Gerry C - Idles - RTJ  

Biffy Clyro - Courteeners - Two Door - D Block Europe

Dua Lipa - Dave - Lizzo - DMA’s

I think this would get more shit than this years lineup. Losing Liam for biffy would not please dark fruits fans at all and stormzy for dua lipa too

10 hours ago, R Shah said:

Question - is Dave bigger than Stormzy right now in the UK? Or am I completely deluded 

Dave is more popular with the youth, people think Stormzy is too soft. 

my mates call Stormzy the old white guys grime artist, so I think Dave would be evenly we’ll received

10 hours ago, syc1818 said:

If different

Dave // Dua Lipa 

Arctic Monkeys

Biffy Clyro 

Not Biffy outright, them and Foals would be good

I think they keep one or two of this years tho

Either:

Rage/Monkeys/Dave//Dua Lipa

LG/Biffy//Bring Me/Stormzy

or even all 3 headliners with different undercard

Edited by Gerard the Fab

17 hours ago, Ridin' Solo said:

Are you sure about that?

I hope Jason Derulo headlines next year.

Sorry jrulo I’ve made this mistake millions of times. Her first two albums are so irrelevant that I don’t think it matters.

People always overestimate the size of some acts on this forum, and they always overestimate the size of acts that R/L books.

There is not a chance in hell they could afford 2 of Arctic Monkeys, Rage, Travis Scott.

Liam Gallagher will co headline. Rage will have finished their tour and the reaction they got was horrendous, theyll be dropped. Stormzy will headline because him being a black man heading is a big deal. I can see Dua Lipa stepping in alongside Liam Gallagher and then somebody like Biffy Clyro or The Strokes doing the last day (Arctic Monkeys if they pull it out the bag.

Stormzy // Lewis Capaldi // Lizzo

Liam Gallagher + Dua Lipa //Courteeners //  Gerry Cinnemon

Biffy Clyro // Dave // TDCC

Edited by Chad888
  • Downvote 6

21 hours ago, R Shah said:

Question - is Dave bigger than Stormzy right now in the UK? Or am I completely deluded 

Not at all. 

Dave makes music that is a banger for a few weeks until something else comes along. After a month it sounds dated.

Stormzy makes music that can be played on a radio a year later without sounding dated.