FRIDAY:

MS1: Travis Scott/Catfish and the Bottlemen/Sam Fender/D-Block Europe/Mahalia

MS2: BMTH/Idles/Halsey/Don Broco/Creeper/Sports Team

SATURDAY:

MS1: Billie Eilish/Dave/Mabel/You Me at Six/Neck Deep/Boston Manor

MS2: Courteeners/AJ Tracey/DMAs/Aitch/Glass Animals/Brian Fallon/Shame

SUNDAY:

MS1: Liam Gallagher/Gerry Cinnamon/Wolf Alice/Slowthai/The Cribs/Gender Roles

MS2: Dua Lipa/Lewis Capaldi/Anne Marie/All Time Low/Palaye Royale/Vistas/Sea Girls

Why’s everyone predicting Tame. They were touring May-June and probably will be the same next year. Doubt they’ll be around for RandL and they wouldn’t be booked with three headliners. They headlined Coachella and won’t be cheap. With six headliners I highly doubt them being booked. You need to lower expectations or you’ll be massively disappointed tomorrow evening. Be ready for a Capaldi, Teeners, Catfish sort of thing as the only logical reason for changing the layout is because they can’t get three big headliners. If you’re lucky we will get one decent size but nothing massive. 

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

Is there a general consensus on whether acts / headliners will clash on the two main stages? And will the second stage just be the R1 tent rebranded as the second main stage or will it be a completely new outdoor one?

Clash based on what Benn said. Two stages, you choose who you wanna see. 

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Why’s everyone predicting Tame. They were touring May-June and probably will be the same next year. Doubt they’ll be around for RandL and they wouldn’t be booked with three headliners. They headlined Coachella and won’t be cheap. With six headliners I highly doubt them being booked. You need to lower expectations or you’ll be massively disappointed tomorrow evening. Be ready for a Capaldi, Teeners, Catfish sort of thing as the only logical reason for changing the layout is because they can’t get three big headliners. If you’re lucky we will get one decent size but nothing massive. 

I don’t think Tame Impala will play, but they’re really not as big of a deal as you’re making out here and would be well within the budget for a smaller headliner amongst five other smaller headliners if R/L wanted to go in that direction.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don’t think Tame Impala will play, but they’re really not as big of a deal as you’re making out here and would be well within the budget for a smaller headliner.

He headlined Coachella last year. I know he's not as big over here, but he's by no means a smaller headliner and won't be well within the budget of one.

9 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Coming in with the cold hard truth, I think you’re right - I am gonna lower my expectations as to not be disappointed.

MS1: Liam Gallagher / Gerry Cinnamon / DMA’s / D-Block Europe / Tom Grennan / Marsicans 

MS2: Billie Eilish / Lewis Capaldi / Nothing But Thieves / Fontaines D.C. / Creeper / Beabadoobee

MS1: Bring Me The Horizon / DaBaby / Enter Shikari / All Time Low / Fever 333 / scarlxrd

MS2: Dua Lipa / Wolf Alice / Sam Fender / Mabel / KSI / Yonaka

MS1: Travis Scott / AJ Tracey / IDLES / Slowthai / The Maine / Sea Girls 

MS2: Courteeners / Two Door Cinema Club / Rex Orange County / Aitch / Sports Team / Bloxx 

9 minutes ago, Miyn said:

He headlined Coachella last year. I know he's not as big over here, but he's by no means a smaller headliner and won't be well within the budget of one.

So? They headlined the Other Stage at Glastonbury, and aren’t major festival headliner over here and so would be just the right size for this years R/L headliner setup.

All of the acts mentioned above are acts that would sub the main stage, and whilst I don’t doubt that one or two of the headliners this year might fall in to that bracket, there’s no way Melvin is gonna book six usual subs to headline - it’ll be six acts teetering between headliner and sub, which Tame Impala are.

But again, I doubt they’re gonna play, so all moot really. Guess we’ll see tomorrow!

Edited by FloorFiller

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

So? They headlined the Other Stage at Glastonbury, and aren’t major festival headliner over here and so would be just the right size for this years R/L headliner setup.

All of the acts mentioned above are acts that would sub the main stage, and whilst I don’t doubt that one or two of the headliners this year might fall in to that bracket, there’s no way Melvin is gonna book six usual subs to headline - it’ll be six acts teetering between headliner and sub, which Tame Impala are.

But again, I doubt they’re gonna play, so all moot really. Guess we’ll see tomorrow!

Wherever Tame plays he headlines. Glasto is always an exception. I don't think he's gonna play, but if he does, he'll headline. He's also pretty expensive to book. He definitely isn't a budget booking if they decide to get him.

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

Wherever Tame plays he headlines. Glasto is always an exception. I don't think he's gonna play, but if he does, he'll headline. He's also pretty expensive to book. He definitely isn't a budget booking if they decide to get him.

So basically Tame Impala always headline apart from the times that they don’t. Gotcha!

4 minutes ago, Miyn said:

You have no idea how much Tame Impala costs to book. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

Citadel not selling out for tame impala is a good indication on their booking power over here

My original point was that he isn't a budget option compared to the other acts they're most likely going to book this year. Yes he isn't the most expensive act to book but he isn't a budget option compared to Catfish, Courteeners and BMTH.

1 minute ago, Miyn said:

My original point was that he isn't a budget option compared to the other acts they're most likely going to book this year. Yes he isn't the most expensive act to book but he isn't a budget option compared to Catfish, Courteeners and BMTH.

Again, you have no idea how much these acts cost to book. 

4 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

Man I really hope we get Slipknot... just got done listening to the That's Not Metal special on them the other day and it's given me the urge to see them again. Also I'd love to see the look of horror on the faces of all the teenage pop/rap fans that go these days 😆

Do you know how much I’d mark out? They’re my favorite band that I haven’t managed to see yet 😂

3 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Plays the same small festival that Catfish played the year after? I think Tame costs similar to Catfish. I'm not saying I know that, but its the clearest indication that has been brought to this discussion

Edited by Stuielooie