Foals

RarerThanDandyB

2 minutes ago, Fest Goer said:

Nice. What are the chances of getting one? Slim to none?

I could be wrong, but I think events like this are pretty generous with winners. The only trouble being that a ticket doesn't guarantee you entry, so you've got to commit a decent amount of time outside the venue to actually get in*. 

*I've never been to a HOV event, but this is what I've heard.

14 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

I could be wrong, but I think events like this are pretty generous with winners. The only trouble being that a ticket doesn't guarantee you entry, so you've got to commit a decent amount of time outside the venue to actually get in*. 

*I've never been to a HOV event, but this is what I've heard.

Really? That's crazy. I'm travelling from Yorkshire so this could be risky.

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Shirley what it means is that, if you have won a ticket through the ballot, you arrive around doors and get in. Then after a while, they count the number of no-shows and let in that many people hanging about outside on the off-chance?

With HOV shows they always offer free tickets. They give out 115% of capacity worth of free tickets, assuming that 15% of people won't show up. Therefore the ticket "does not guarantee entry" as only the first 100% of capacity will be let in, and the remaining 15% (if they show) don't. Then again, if only 90% of capacity show up for the gig they'll try and fill it up with people milling about outside.

6 minutes ago, huntyyy said:

With HOV shows they always offer free tickets. They give out 115% of capacity worth of free tickets, assuming that 15% of people won't show up. Therefore the ticket "does not guarantee entry" as only the first 100% of capacity will be let in, and the remaining 15% (if they show) don't. Then again, if only 90% of capacity show up for the gig they'll try and fill it up with people milling about outside.

I see. Ouch. Although, there's probably a significant number who just entered the ballot because it was free and got an email without intention of heading down so I could imagine it being fine.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I see. Ouch. Although, there's probably a significant number who just entered the ballot because it was free and got an email without intention of heading down so I could imagine it being fine.

Been to a few there and never had any trouble, and never heard about them reaching capacity on these things, but in theory you could win a ticket and end up not getting in.

17 minutes ago, JSmurphy said:

Foals Fan Club Members who entered and won were informed yesterday apparently. Doesn't look like any emails have been sent out yet today tho.

Do you get informed even if you don't win?

I think I entered through the fan club thing but didn't get confirmation to say that my entry worked. 

Edited by Fest Goer

3 hours ago, Fest Goer said:

Do you get informed even if you don't win?

I think I entered through the fan club thing but didn't get confirmation to say that my entry worked. 

Apparently emails have started to be sent out, although I haven't got one yet. Seems that you do get an email even if you were unsuccessful though

Edited by Gilgamesh69