Self-Confirmed 2019

mcshed

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

The 26th.....is that Wednesday? Do they normally have stuff on Wednesday night, or must the date be wrong?

There's 4 of them, they usually play under their own names individually in the Downlow

18 minutes ago, Badlands said:

They're at Corbridge Festival (local to me) on the Friday. Apparently they're from glastonbury as well. If they're Williams Green/Avalon etc then fair enough, but if they're on a main stage seems a lazy old booking.

Their latest album is really rather good, produced by George Draloulias, couple of barnstormers on their.

They played Hell Stage last time, could crop up at Avalon or Acoustic but wouldn't be surprised at an early Other Stage slot. 

Fail to see why it's lazy.

35 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Their latest album is really rather good, produced by George Draloulias, couple of barnstormers on their.

They played Hell Stage last time, could crop up at Avalon or Acoustic but wouldn't be surprised at an early Other Stage slot. 

Fail to see why it's lazy.

There's tons of current acts that they could get on JP/Other ahead of them. I wouldn't expect to see Feeder, Dodgy, Shed Seven, Ocean Colour Scene etc at a major stage at Glastonbury in 2019 either.

3 minutes ago, Badlands said:

There's tons of current acts that they could get on JP/Other ahead of them. I wouldn't expect to see Feeder, Dodgy, Shed Seven, Ocean Colour Scene etc at a major stage at Glastonbury in 2019 either.

The Cure and The Killers are headlining.

I'm not after Rewind Festival but it's long been a mixture of new and old. 

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

The Cure and The Killers are headlining.

I'm not after Rewind Festival but it's long been a mixture of new and old

Of course it has, but they're usually fairly selective with the old bookings and with one eye on their current rep. That's why Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, Manics, Suede etc are regulars. I'll have to agree to disagree here.

1 minute ago, Badlands said:

Of course it has, but they're usually fairly selective with the old bookings and with one eye on their current rep. That's why Chemical Brothers, Radiohead, Manics, Suede etc are regulars. I'll have to agree to disagree here.

Well, yeah they are selective.  Local bands have an advantage.

4 minutes ago, Badlands said:

I'll have to agree to disagree here.

Fair dos, I'll shut up before I come over all jntsrb but (sorry), in my eyes they're as relevant as Chemical Brothers i.e. not very but people enjoy them so why not.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I don't know why I thought I might be able to post this first when I saw it on a retweet from The Thingy.

I see a post of yours was screenshotted on Twitter yesterday by Thrill Collins, Stu.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I see a post of yours was screenshotted on Twitter yesterday by Thrill Collins, Stu.

I've never seen people on the Internet discuss something I've said as if I'm not there before.  Is this what fame is like? ? EDIT:  Of course, that's exactly what I did to them!

To be fair @ian the worm provided most of the salt, I just added seasoning.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I've never seen people on the Internet discuss something I've said as if I'm not there before.  Is this what fame is like? ?

To be fair @ian the worm provided most of the salt, I just added seasoning.

Yep, you're now famous.

Ask @Gnomicide to ask The Thingy what it's like being so well known.

Or has Gnomicide had his official Tony Stark "...I'm Iron Man" moment yet?

To be fair, Thrill Collins now hate you. So it's a double edged sword this fame lark.

Just now, Woffy said:

Yep, you're now famous.

Ask @Gnomicide to ask The Thingy what it's like being so well known.

Or has Gnomicide had his official Tony Stark "...I'm Iron Man" moment yet?

To be fair, Thrill Collins now hate you. So it's a double edged sword this fame lark.

Apparently in 2015, a non-efests mate of mine heard someone talking about secret sets saying something along the lines of "If Stu says it's happening then it must be".  All you have to do is miss the festival, and take several days off work posting about secret sets.  Instant fame!