Resale Club 2019

McCor

On 4/25/2019 at 6:51 PM, Calvin Klein said:

This is getting harder every year. Next one is going to be impossible :(

Tbh, although I'm going this year, it was because someone else got my ticket. (for which I am eternally grateful!)  Now in four sales for 2019 I haven't got near getting through.  I'm already thinking of alternatives for next year.  (of course I'll try but I really don't have any confidence that I'll get a ticket).

Edited by Beerqueen

7 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

What's the deal with this? Some people started getting the sold out page around the ten minute mark, but both my phone and my laptop were letting me refresh the holding page until gone 9.17am, at which point I went out and back in again and then got the sold out sign. Was I not really refreshing?

Yeah it was weird wasn't it? If you refresh the holding page you just get the holding page again, but if you went to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com you got the sold-out.

Maybe you're in with a better chance if you keep refreshing to http://glastonbury.seetickets.com rather than the holding page (which was something like http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/event/glastonbury-2019/worthy-farm/1300001/)

Worth trying *next time*.....

17 minutes ago, Lucy92 said:

Still got the page with my friends details in clicking proceed and back... when do I officially give up? 

I'm still doing the same (though know I'm wasting my time), and also still have a similar page still up form the coach resale, and occasionally go through all the departure locations.

13 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Seems a few of us missed out.

It feels very weird for me to not have it to look forward to. Haven't missed one since 2005. I guess you could say I've had my fill and now it's someone else's turn but like so many others, it's the fixture of my calendar. Going to feel very strange at the end of June. Not sure I can bring myself to watch it on the telly.

Feel exactly the same. Hardest bit is going to be seeing it in the news/telly/twitter - and being asked by friends/colleagues why I'm not there.

I've been lurking in this thread and reading the daily email summaries all winter - haven't really had much to add or contribute - and I'm feeling very empty. But my one consolation is that for the price of one Glastonbury ticket I can get two or three smaller festivals instead without the hassle and queues. 

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Thanks, I have been but it appears most of us weren't successful. 

What are the options now? Genuine question.

I failed to get a ticket in the resales last year as well but there is still hope as I eventually made it, albeit working the festival in the end.

There are secret resales - tiny amount of tickets; volunteering opportunities may open up after previously accepted volunteers drop out who got punter tickets; working opportunities - search this forum; working for smallholders - DM their Twitter accounts, etc 

There's usually a way in if you're prepared to compromise.   You will probably have to miss some of the acts when working shifts but you'll still be there.

No good here, don't feel as down as in October but still gutted.  Friends got through to payment page for us but then said all so out, so near yet so far.  Competitions and working are now my only hope! 

Edited by Padgey

i wasn't even after tickets for myself and i feel awful. That might be due to the fact i drank my body weight in wine last night but i do genuinely feel really awful.

But on the plus side the person i was trying for managed to bag some tickets.  So every cloud and all that.

Now ,where are those nurofen.....

Just now, andyb66 said:

i wasn't even after tickets for myself and i feel awful. That might be due to the fact i drank my body weight in wine last night but i do genuinely feel really awful.

But on the plus side the person i was trying for managed to bag some tickets.  So every cloud and all that.

Now ,where are those nurofen.....

I wasn’t trying for myself either but it still feels crushing to not get them! 

9 hours ago, rumpola said:

Hey everyone,

I am already trying for friends tomorrow so cant take details for others going for tickets but If you dont get lucky tomorrow I do know somebody that can get a small amount of tickets for people outside the normal procedures.

Basically, a friend builds one of the stages and does sell staff tickets which means you will get in and get to camp backstage if you want to.

Its not gonna be cheap as when I helped people in 2017 they paid £800-1000 per ticket. I was actually offered cash for helping sell these tickets but refused a penny as i just want to help people go. In fact, 2017 was the first year since 98 I didn't get a ticket AND Radiohead are my favourite band but I couldn't justify paying that sort of money for a ticket myself. I ended up in Ibiza as thats where the girlfriend wanted to go. Yeah, i was gutted.

I've no idea how many tickets will be available or how much he will be asking for them but get in touch if you're desperate and can afford it and I will pass your details on.

Again, I cant stress enough that this is 100% completely genuine and I personally wont and dont want to make a single penny from this. I already have a ticket this year and im just trying to help out.

Keen to be kept in touch should you manage to get any tickets. Cheers

2 minutes ago, ohmygod said:

I failed to get a ticket in the resales last year as well but there is still hope as I eventually made it, albeit working the festival in the end.

There are secret resales - tiny amount of tickets; volunteering opportunities may open up after previously accepted volunteers drop out who got punter tickets; working opportunities - search this forum; working for smallholders - DM their Twitter accounts, etc 

There's usually a way in if you're prepared to compromise.   You will probably have to miss some of the acts when working shifts but you'll still be there.

Thanks for the information. I'm genuinely interested in the differing options here, do you mind if I drop you a message about what you did and who I could contact?

I am happy to miss some of the acts and willing to compromise as long as i can see The Killers.