The Weather Thread 2019

sedra

55 minutes ago, MrHew said:

According to google:

The heat index, also known as the apparent temperature, is what the temperature feels like to the human body when relative humidity is combined with the air temperature.

Temperate of 30, but the heat index (feels like) is 37 for London on Wednesday.

image.png.5f8ce0795bd179a895a7339e8f6ba4d4.png

11 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its too late for that. People should've been panicking from last week. 

Have the Norwegian's correctly predicted rain that far out though?  I seem to remember yr.no throwing out all sorts of forecasts with deluges of rain yet none have materialised.  

Just now, Kinkyinuit said:

Have the Norwegian's correctly predicted rain that far out though?  I seem to remember yr.no throwing out all sorts of forecasts with deluges of rain yet none have materialised.  

No.

Nobody ever has in the history of weather forecasting because its not possible. 

• Upvote 3

Good news for the heat haters:

"GFS ensemble utterly supportive of a serious plume next week, the mean 850pha has now reached 20c along the south coast, however also unanimous agreement also of a rapid transition back to cooler and more unsettled conditions through Friday and Saturday. "

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Good news for the heat haters:

"GFS ensemble utterly supportive of a serious plume next week, the mean 850pha has now reached 20c along the south coast, however also unanimous agreement also of a rapid transition back to cooler and more unsettled conditions through Friday and Saturday. "

When you say cool, how cool we talking? Cos 21 degrees is cool when it’s down from 30? 

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Its loads of showers all week. Just like 2007. 

It feels like you're not even trying this year.

2007 had 60mm rainfall in 24 hours.

That forecast, presumably the worst you could find, has less than half that spread over a week.

Edited by incident

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I'm so confused. We've had another 9 pages since my break at work. Can't we just have a post at the top with the current forecast? ??

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid. All you need to know is we still don't know

1 hour ago, Skelts said:

JPT was open on Wednesday in 2017 to provide shade?

18A67B83-1969-490C-B612-6CB5D9DCEC07.jpeg

One of those people is me ? Felt like I walked throught the Sahara looking for shade then they finally removed the tape round John Peel and I passed out.

Would still take this heat over rain again though any day.

• Like 1