My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

2 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Its possible the IP might only be 'tarpitted' and not blocked by enthusiastic F5'ing given that as said here, some setups may all be sharing an IP, especially, say, Universities with many clients trying to connect. I'd imaging any such 'block' would expire fairly swiftly as well. Also, it shouldn't affect anyone who has got in since they are now being handled by their session ID rather than their IP.

If there is an IP rate limit it will be set fairly high as to only trap bots using multi hit software. Normal people trying a handful of devices or people in UNI or mcDonalds should not hit any limit. Otherwise nobody on a public connection would ever get through. 

5 minutes ago, pentura said:

@parsonjack / @Havors

Did either of you get tickets of out interest? You both seem to be knowledgeable with this tech stuff, interested to see if anything you used was of any benefit

Didn't try for coaches but I did get in to both Weds and Thurs ticket pages on beach hotel wifi in Thailand within a few mins of regular, but within limit, F5's.  Only thing I'll be doing Sunday is ensuring I use one device, one browser, one tab and one index finger staying under a 1s F5 rate. 

Yes, having read everything on here about the sale from yesterday I am more convinced that playing the numbers game presents the only quantifiable advantage. Of the technical suggestions presented, in the absence of sufficient knowledge about the system setup at See, we can only speculate that they might offer an advantage but remain unable to demonstrate it.

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Didn't try for coaches but I did get in to both Weds and Thurs ticket pages on beach hotel wifi in Thailand within a few mins of regular, but within limit, F5's.  Only thing I'll be doing Sunday is ensuring I use one device, one browser, one tab and one index finger staying under a 1s F5 rate. 

Yes, its arguable that the more you try to 'cheat' the system, the greater the possibility that your behaviour against it is interpreted as non standard by it and therefore that system design no longer accommodates your behaviour and therefore fails to act accordingly....

12 minutes ago, Havors said:

Jesus H Christ....  it uses cookies/tokens to identify your session. As long as they are different you are golden.  I have tested multiple browsers on same IP and they all had their own independent threshold. (start them refreshing at different time).

Using any IP filtering would have to have a very high threshold as to not basically screw anyone using a public connection. So someone at home will have no issues with a few browsers (different cookies of course) either way. IP filter or not. 

Unless you work for See all theories are unproven.  I have mine, you have yours. Neither of us is necessarily correct at all. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Keithy said:

I had 15 VM's spun up in MS Azure, dotted around the world. VM's in Asia and Australia got me tickets though suspect the location didn't make any difference. As ever just luck and the more connections, the more you tilt luck slightly in your favour.

Autofill certainly helped to speed things up with completing the form though those boxes to tick were a pain in the ass.

Was this all remote access via RDP or some other wizardry?

Just now, parsonjack said:

Unless you work for See all theories are unproven.  I have mine, you have yours. Neither of us is necessarily correct at all. 

Well ive tested it personally... multiple browsers all are on their own individual threshold.... all using the same machine/IP. 

As soon as you use multiple windows of the same browser... when you hit the 60/s limit they all hit it regardless of when you started refreshing. Its common sense they use cookies/tokens to identify the session/connection to the server. 

Nobody knows for sure if any of this technical stuff comes into play, apart from the obvious the host hack last year

I have a friend who I believe has 100% record since 2008. She doesn't have any secrets to my knowledge besides F5 and a bit of luck

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Nobody knows for sure if any of this technical stuff comes into play, apart from the obvious the host hack last year

I have a friend who I believe has 100% record since 2008. She doesn't have any secrets to my knowledge besides F5 and a bit of luck

Agreed. It is all down to luck. If you have 10 people/browsers trying then you obviously have 9 times more chances to get through than just one persoon trying. That is the only advantage you can gain. 

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

Well ive tested it personally... multiple browsers all are on their own individual threshold.... all using the same machine/IP. 

As soon as you use multiple windows of the same browser... when you hit the 60/s limit they all hit it regardless of when you started refreshing. Its common sense they use cookies/tokens to identify the session/connection to the server. 

That certainly wasn't the case with the white screen issue a year or two back, that was multiple browsers across devices simultaneously.

Just now, iloveglasto said:

My brain is fried reading this...…..Are multiple browsers with one tab open ok, or will it give me the screen of doom?

as long as the broswers are different! if you have 2 chrome windows open for instance they will both have the same cookie. 

Well anyway, thanks in advance @parsonjack and @Havors. I'll make sure on Sunday I'm not refreshing more than 60 times a minute on the same device/browser and will let all my group know about it so none of them are doing it either. Have got 6 people trying on Sunday (plus one person's mum) so hopefully that, coupled with this knowledge about not refreshing too much, will allow us to get through.

Just now, Havors said:

as long as the broswers are different! if you have 2 chrome windows open for instance they will both have the same cookie. 

Thanks Havors,, just so I am certain as not very techy, 1 window open on Edge, 1 Open on chrome, 1 open on IE all with only one tab each will give me 3 different session/cookies? and ultimately 3 x the chances as opposed to just one browser with one tab?

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Well anyway, thanks in advance @parsonjack and @Havors. I'll make sure on Sunday I'm not refreshing more than 60 times a minute on the same device/browser and will let all my group know about it so none of them are doing it either. Have got 6 people trying on Sunday (plus one person's mum) so hopefully that, coupled with this knowledge about not refreshing too much, will allow us to get through.

yes that is the BIGGEST thing! DO NOT refresh faster than 60 times in a minute or 1 times per second. I will be refreshing around 2 seconds just to be safe. 

Just now, iloveglasto said:

Thanks Havors,, just so I am certain as not very techy, 1 window open on Edge, 1 Open on chrome, 1 open on IE all with only one tab each will give me 3 different session/cookies? and ultimately 3 x the chances as opposed to just one browser with one tab?

Correct. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gabi_says said:

I'm still dizzy and upset and a bit sick to my stomach after last night's fiasco. And very scared I might not get tickets on Sunday either and I will have then feel this way all the way to April 2019. Help.

haha I have a feeling I will be as sick as a dog on sunday too! You can only improve your chances but at the end of the day its pure luck. 

2 minutes ago, Gabi_says said:

I'm still dizzy and upset and a bit sick to my stomach after last night's fiasco. And very scared I might not get tickets on Sunday either and I will then feel this way all the way to April 2019. Help.

All you can do is try get full group of 6, be it people you know or people from here. Make sure everyone in that group is trying for you and any other spare hands; family members who know the score or friends who aren't going but are up and willing to help

I'm sick with nerves every year but I've been sorted every year since I started going (2011), only 1 of them years did I actually get them myself.

Everyone is in the same boat

Correct. 

This is what I'll do, then. Last night I had 3 browsers open (Chrome, Chrome incognito and Edge) but focused my refreshing on just one of them (the normal chrome one) and let the others refresh automatically.

On Sunday I'll open one Chrome, one Edge and one IE and refresh them in a cycle, one second apart, whilst also having my phone on 4G.

3 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Our Father, Mr Michael Eavis
Hallowed be thy land
Thy people come
they'll pray for sun
But get mud, as it rains from heaven
Give us this day our longed for ticket
And comfort the ticketless
As we've comforted those that were ticketless before us
And lead us not into portaloos
And deliver us from the longdrops
For thine is the kingdom
The pyramid and the greenfields
For ever and ever
F5

Shamelessly stolen from an @Curlygirl post 

Amazing

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

This is what I'll do, then. Last night I had 3 browsers open (Chrome, Chrome incognito and Edge) but focused my refreshing on just one of them (the normal chrome one) and let the others refresh automatically.

On Sunday I'll open one Chrome, one Edge and one IE and refresh them in a cycle, one second apart, whilst also having my phone on 4G.

I will be doing something similar. Its hard to keep refreshing multiple ones, 3 should be about manageable I think. 

I will be doing something similar. Its hard to keep refreshing multiple ones, 3 should be about manageable I think. 

Yeah I was thinking three plus my phone might be a big too much. Might sack off the IE one and just use two browsers on laptop and one on my phone. Anyway, I'll definitely be doing something similar to what I described :P

Wasn't actually feeling too bothered about missing out on tickets after not really missing Glasto that much this year, but with The Cure rumours and the ticket sales arriving, I'm now just as mad as ever about the idea of not getting any :lol: