My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

3 minutes ago, adamski said:

Here's some reading for you.

https://www.riverbed.com/document/fpo/media-cms/CaseStudy-Riverbed-SeeTickets.pdf

Never used riverbed so can't really offer any insight I'm afraid.

FFS, Riverbed are actually in my building at work, on the same floor! If I’d know they had anything to do with the sale I would’ve gone in there with a rather large brown envelope.

6 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I've also tested it personally and had separate browsers, even devices, all count as one, ie all get the busy page together. Sometimes, if I've opened one browser sometime after the previous, this hasn't happened - which is explicable by @parsonjack's theory about load balancing.

I've just tested two browsers (Chrome and Firefox) and I get the sold out page on one, but not the other.  But, I cleared the cookies and it made absolutely no difference. It may or may not be @parsonjack's load balancer theory, but it definitely isn't cookies.

27 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Question: how do you know if you’ve been blocked, if the page you see is the same holding page you’d get if you haven’t been blocked? 

Annoyingly there’s no way of knowing. 

On Sunday I’m just refreshing one device and letting the others auto refresh, think it’s the best way to be sure that I’m not just refreshing a blocked page  

Charm x

14 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Hi Charm ? 

When I tried on Thursday, I found I wasn’t able to refresh more than once a second even if I tried. Every few refreshes, the page took longer to load which evened it out. 

Agreed, it would be pointless to refresh that fast but people have been saying that other devices using the same IP address count towards the refresh rate and others have been saying it doesn’t, still not sure what is the best thing to do. 

Good luck for Sunday. 

Charm x

Edited by Charm

56 minutes ago, Charm said:

On Sunday I’m just refreshing one device and letting the others auto refresh, think it’s the best way to be sure that I’m not just refreshing a blocked page  

Charm x

Edited by bamber

Thought I had it all covered but just realised I didn't check whether it was my debit or credit card I linked to my account; also forgot to check if linked card is still up to date. I've arranged to send out my card details to all on our list on Sunday morning; they're my son's uni mates and no way will they have enough in their accounts to pay four six deposits. If I send out my latest debit card details it should be easy enough to overwrite any existing card if necessary shouldn't it?

I have looked through the ironport web proxy logs for Thursday night and 38 people that attempted to get tickets were hitting the same holding page and no-one got to the booking page (and there were thousands of requests sent) - I haven't had time to analyse the wireshark logs I took on Thursday, but will try to work through them tomorrow and report in my findings.

Fortunately we have a full set of 10 people in different locations trying for 12 tickets on Sunday so we will have 20 devices hammering away - which to be honest is the only way to tackle the sale.

More people, more source IP-Addresses, more ISP's, more browsers, same registration lists.

So T-Day being T-Day, I'll see you all in April for the resales.

I've just finished re-installing Windows 10 and a load of apps back onto the laptop that decided to BSOD 10 minutes before the sale on Thursday so I'll be back up to four devices VPN'd all over Europe for Sunday.

Edited by Penrhos

6 minutes ago, Penrhos said:

I have looked through the ironport web proxy logs for Thursday night and 38 people that attempted to get tickets were hitting the same holding page and no-one got to the booking page (and there were thousands of requests sent) - I haven't had time to analyse the wireshark logs I took on Thursday, but will try to work through them tomorrow and report in my findings.

Fortunately we have a full set of 10 people in different locations trying for 12 tickets on Sunday so we will have 20 devices hammering away - which to be honest is the only way to tackle the sale.

More people, more source IP-Addresses, more ISP's, more browsers, same registration lists.

So T-Day being T-Day, I'll see you all in April for the resales.

I've just finished re-installing Windows 10 and a load of apps back onto the laptop that decided to BSOD 10 minutes before the sale on Thursday so I'll be back up to four devices VPN'd all over Europe for Sunday.

Over - Analyzing

• Upvote 1