My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

If those numbers are true, it means there’s twice as much chance of getting through on Sunday than there was today...

250k people trying for 15k coach tickets means 16 times more people than number of tickets available.

1m people tryIng for 120k standard tickets means 8 times more people than number of tickets available. 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

If those numbers are true, it means there’s twice as much chance of getting through on Sunday than there was today...

250k people trying for 15k coach tickets means 16 times more people than number of tickets available.

1m people tryIng for 120k standard tickets means 8 times more people than number of tickets available. 

I’m pretty sure, but I don’t know where I read it, that it’s a 1 in 7 chance of getting tickets. So those numbers sound about right. 

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I’m pretty sure, but I don’t know where I read it, that it’s a 1 in 7 chance of getting tickets. So those numbers sound about right. 

3 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I’ll take double the chance. We had a few sniffs of the booking today - so double the chance means we’ll definitely get in...

ill keep telling myself that anyway!

26 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

For those who were successful, can we get a little poll going of how you succeeded to see if there's a pattern? 

e.g. Laptop on WiFi, from work, vpn to work, phone on 4g, etc...

Or is it just totally random as I suspect. ?

Phone, not even 4g, said "H" what ever that is. 6.04, 3 from Sheffield. Bosh. But can't yet celebrate as my best bud hasn't got any yet as needs a normal ticket. Roll on Sunday ...

Open to suggestions on this one...

My girlfriends sister is getting married on Saturday in a location that has no WiFi(?!) and no phone signal so I’m driving 20-30 minute into Exeter where I know I get strong 4G on my phones and iPad.. question is for my laptop I was considering heading to Starbucks and using their WiFi.

Can anyone see any issues with this? Or if anyone has knowledge of any other public spots with particularly good WiFi I’m all ears... ?

Latency

IP Address(‘)

Host file hacks

VPN

WiFi

3G

UK

Abroad

Back doors

Front doors

Good luck

Bad luck

Groups

Singles

Gay

Straight

Bi

Trans

Pan

Buddha

Jesus

Mohammad

Morse code

Semaphore.

Nothing really matters.....!! (Well maybe the last 2, you won’t get a ticket if you try with the last 2.......)

You log in at 0850hrs on 7th October, you type in www.glastonbury.seetickets.com

You press F5 as you see fit and you either get through to the booking page or you don’t. If you do, then FFS hold your nerve and put in all the correct details in a timely fashion. 

If you don’t get through then I’m afraid you won’t be going next year. Sorry for being a realist but that’s just how it is. Read my list again, none of it is pertinent. You log on, you press F5, if the booking page appears then nice one, if it doesn’t then you have my commiserations. I might get tickets on Sunday, I might not, just the same as everyone else.

Log on. F5. Good luck. It’s that simple?.

X

Edited by Northern Soul
I know it says “Good luck” in my last sentence and I’ve previously stated it means F all but that’s just a personal well meaning “good luck” from me.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Open to suggestions on this one...

My girlfriends sister is getting married on Saturday in a location that has no WiFi(?!) and no phone signal so I’m driving 20-30 minute into Exeter where I know I get strong 4G on my phones and iPad.. question is for my laptop I was considering heading to Starbucks and using their WiFi.

Can anyone see any issues with this? Or if anyone has knowledge of any other public spots with particularly good WiFi I’m all ears... ?

McDonald’s WiFi seems to be consistently good across the country - that would be my suggestion!

7 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Right, I've created 6 Virtual Machines across 6 datacentres, across 3 continents.  Plus my local desktop and a laptop tethered to my phone.  I make that 8 IP Addresses.

I bet I don't get a sniff!

Did this work? Did you manage to get through? 

?

Edited by semmtexx

1 hour ago, CeriG said:

Well annoying.... ours had 0 or 6... we clicked 6.

didnt have any problems with that. We had to go back 3 times to re-enter the details.... then after putting card details in the t&c box wouldn’t physically tick!!! Luckily at 6:15 it did.... keep looking at email confirmation. Feel in a dream world ? 

ps.... don’t forget that coaches are in such high demand. 15000 compared to 120000 is a massive difference.

everyone trying just in case.... only reason we tried is to free up more people to try for others come Sunday.

good luck 

Double shit! Literally the same thing that happened here, and to lots of others too from what I can see ? congrats on getting tickets! Wish me luck ??

8 minutes ago, semmtexx said:

Did this work? Did you manage to get through? 

?

Yes and no. I did get a ticket and I did get to enter reg numbers twice, but both times someone else in my group got there first. I've not bought a ticket since 2014.

Actually, I've no idea how I got my 2016 ticket.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes and no. I did get a ticket and I did get to enter reg numbers twice, but both times someone else in my group got there first. I've not bought a ticket since 2014.

Nice on the tickets!

So the set up on multiple vpns got you a booking page then. Anywhere in particular?

For tonight’s coach sale I had Bill Gates and Tim Cook (At great expense, flown into my living room from The States on 2 private jets) between them they had 5 each of their top guys who were using their latest devices and brought all their VPN’s and Modems and WiFi’s and networks and cables and all sorts with them. (my living room was a real mess?. However, buoyed by all this gadgetry, the living room being such a mess aside, I thought things would be a formality, alas, they weren’t. Come 1825hrs and despite much “Come on Bill you fucking prick, get this sorted....!!” shoutings, things drew a blank. 

Maureen* however called me from Kuala Lumpur at 0142hrs** confirming my tickets.....!! She’d managed to get us tickets on her Nokia 3310.

* Retired Grand-mother in Malaysia.

** 1842hrs Local time.

Log on. F5. Good luck. X

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

55 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Statistics eh?

I've got a ticket every other year for the last six (or seven, depending on how you'd like to count), just on my own. No groups on my behalf or 'out.

I make that 50/50.

:):ph34r::sorry:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Charm said:

Sorry to hear you failed, my group is full but I’m happy to take your details and try for you if I manage to get mine. 

Charm x

Thank you so much @Charm that is so kind of you. Starting to feel really down about my chances these days. In a small group we've just got no hope! I will DM you tomorrow xx

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thank you so much @Charm that is so kind of you. Starting to feel really down about my chances these days. In a small group we've just got no hope! I will DM you tomorrow xx

To be honest, now people can't refresh after they've bought, to start the process three steps along and that rapid refresh limiter in place, a small group doesn't really disadvantage you these days. Reasons for deluded optimism #23

39 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Reasons for deluded optimism #23

@Superscally you have now invoked the number 23

You have MuMu on your side. Illuminatus will see to it that synchronicity and F5 will bestow on you the booking page.

You might not have the foggiest fucking idea what I’m on about but I know 1 or 2 on here will. You will have tickets come Sunday morning. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Northern Soul said:

@Superscally you have now invoked the number 23

You have MuMu on your side. Illuminatus will see to it that synchronicity and F5 will bestow on you the booking page.

You might not have the foggiest fucking idea what I’m on about but I know 1 or 2 on here will. You will have tickets come Sunday morning. 

MuMu doth know, when the tickets will flow.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Superscally said:

To be honest, now people can't refresh after they've bought, to start the process three steps along and that rapid refresh limiter in place, a small group doesn't really disadvantage you these days. Reasons for deluded optimism #23

Well it does from a simple maths point of view- six mates all trying equals six chances. Just two of us equals just two chances. Six mates with two other groups of six mates who all switch to help those groups when done etc etc...

Hi all, long time viewer, first time poster on account of an issue I had yesterday. 

When we tried we like so many others got to a page which said “processing maximum number of transactions”. Do we refresh that page even if it’s loading (ie the arrow button on the Address bar of the iPhone is now an “X” rather than an arrow or do we press x and reload again? Same for the computer, do we stop and reload or do we wait until the stops thinking?

other observation is that once we clicked on the pink button it took a while to go through to next page- again, do we stop the browser if it’s thinking after pressing the pink button or do we wait? At what point of the process do we never click refresh and let it load? Which is a nightmare to watch btw!

Hi

ticket 101 question here and I’m sure it has been answered but don’t want to look through whole thread

if you have a group of 6 and 2 of that group  both get to the coach page are we causing it to stuff up as both trying to buy at same time. 2 of us were in for like 15 but whatever coach we tried it didn’t work

Many thanks in advance 

The 60 refreshes in 60 seconds did play on my mind last night. Gonna hook my laptop up to a VPN on Sunday for that extra IP and set it to auto-refresh every couple of seconds. At least then I shouldn't have to worry too much about my refresh rate on the desktop.