My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

My friend got to the booking page.... tried Liverpool, Manchester & Leeds all times.... all sold out. There is a shocking disparity in the amount of coaches available from London and the rest of the country. Southern syndrome.... forget most of the country is above London.  :D

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ged Devereux said:

The shortcut keys didn’t work for me last night 

They didn't? Which system were you using? I'm programmed all the shortcuts using just my phone/mac's inbuilt system....its working on other websites, but I didn't get far enough to be able to test it out on the Glastonbury ticket page :(

@Keithy's system sounds a bit more technical though! Seems to autofill the page as soon as you get to it....but I can't work out how the computer/phone knows what it's supposed to fill :wacko:

2 minutes ago, Havors said:

My friend got to the booking page.... tried Liverpool, Manchester & Leeds all times.... all sold out. There is a shocking disparity in the amount of coaches available from London and the rest of the country. Southern syndrome.... forget most of the country is above London.  :D

Yep, the seven of us in Sheffield were cursing this when my friend in London managed to get two tickets and we all just had the holding page.... 

Edited by Sasperella

10 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

Latency

IP Address(‘)

Host file hacks

VPN

WiFi

3G

UK

Abroad

Back doors

Front doors

Good luck

Bad luck

Groups

Singles

Gay

Straight

Bi

Trans

Pan

Buddha

Jesus

Mohammad

Morse code

Semaphore.

Nothing really matters.....!! (Well maybe the last 2, you won’t get a ticket if you try with the last 2.......)

You log in at 0850hrs on 7th October, you type in www.glastonbury.seetickets.com

You press F5 as you see fit and you either get through to the booking page or you don’t. If you do, then FFS hold your nerve and put in all the correct details in a timely fashion. 

If you don’t get through then I’m afraid you won’t be going next year. Sorry for being a realist but that’s just how it is. Read my list again, none of it is pertinent. You log on, you press F5, if the booking page appears then nice one, if it doesn’t then you have my commiserations. I might get tickets on Sunday, I might not, just the same as everyone else.

Log on. F5. Good luck. It’s that simple?.

X

excellent post 

11 hours ago, sam1981 said:

And for those using VPN, if you're doing it to your corporate network where they've got a big fat pipe with low latency (and you're using the browser on a machine at work or in a Data Centre) then I get how that can be an advantage...

But if you're using a VPN to obscure your IP, or to appear to come from another region, then what's the benefit - other than having one more IP? Surely by using your local browser on your laptop and going via another country only adds more hops and therefore latency? 

Just trying to understand the best tactics for Sunday... 

You don't have to have your other VPN set to a different region, if you set it to UK you'll just get a different UK IP.

10 hours ago, Northern Soul said:

If you don’t get through then I’m afraid you won’t be going next year. Sorry for being a realist but that’s just how it is. Read my list again, none of it is pertinent.

Some of it can be incredibly pertinent, unfortunately for the most part you only find out afterwards by reading on hear after that vital half hour has flown by ;) 

1 hour ago, Keithy said:

Once Titters has updated the spreadsheet, will message you the script I wrote (and chrome extension used). Have set up profiles so you can choose which profile to execute on the page to autofill the necessary regs. Once one group is done, you change the profile and the next group autofill.

Oh be a legend and sent me the script as well please!! I hate laptop keyboards and not having a mouse!! haha 

On 9/12/2018 at 3:46 PM, phillyfaddle said:

The one time I've failed to get tickets is the year they changed the booking system and introduced the "you are held in a queue, this page will refresh in 20 seconds blah blah" notice. I blame my husband (IT geek but Glasto ticket-buying newbie) for making me sit and wait. Forget it.

Press F5 like a demon (but no faster than 1 per sec or it'll think you're a bot) until you get the booking page. If it then hangs after you've entered all your registration details, DO NOT PRESS F5 AGAIN, press the back button, then re-submit. Keep doing it until it goes through. This can happen at the final page too, when you've entered your card details - you don't want to lose those tickets at this point of the proceedings (my order for a friend failed to complete for the 2016 festival at this stage)!

Good luck.

Hi When refreshing on an iPhone do i wait for the arrow to come back up again before refreshing again, because if I refresh on the x before the page has even loaded It might have been the booking page and I have refreshed to quickly and missed it ?

11 hours ago, sam1981 said:

And for those using VPN, if you're doing it to your corporate network where they've got a big fat pipe with low latency (and you're using the browser on a machine at work or in a Data Centre) then I get how that can be an advantage...

But if you're using a VPN to obscure your IP, or to appear to come from another region, then what's the benefit - other than having one more IP? Surely by using your local browser on your laptop and going via another country only adds more hops and therefore latency? 

Just trying to understand the best tactics for Sunday... 

What is the actual advantage of that (that's what I may be doing with my work VPN), just the speed?

11 hours ago, kalifire said:

If those numbers are true, it means there’s twice as much chance of getting through on Sunday than there was today...

250k people trying for 15k coach tickets means 16 times more people than number of tickets available.

1m people tryIng for 120k standard tickets means 8 times more people than number of tickets available. 

PpV0evc.png.da6a836f2be434de335d8cbcd058819f.png

Apologies if this has been answered but I'm struggling to find an answer, and apologies again for being a total simpleton on this but I have a few questions regarding the IP address blocking thing...

SO
1. How do you know if your IP address has been blocked? is there some sort of warning? I was hammering F5 pretty rapid, and then got a feeling of dread that what if I was already blocked and I just didn't know it?

2. my block of flats has it's own internet on big server that the entire building shares, each person plugs in their own router from a wall socket in the flat to get their own wifi (this service is extremely fast, never experience any issues) - however, would this mean the whole building has the same IP address!? - and if so, would that mean "multiple attempts" from the same IP could be triggered by me and several other people in my building all trying at once?

29 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You don't have to have your other VPN set to a different region, if you set it to UK you'll just get a different UK IP.

OK, but some have mentioned coming from different regions. Either way, if you're using your own laptop/PC/whatever browser and going via a VPN, you're adding additional hops and it should make your chances less likely. In theory. But obviously none of that seems to matter in random Glasto-ticket-getting-land.

2 hours ago, Keithy said:

Once Titters has updated the spreadsheet, will message you the script I wrote (and chrome extension used). Have set up profiles so you can choose which profile to execute on the page to autofill the necessary regs. Once one group is done, you change the profile and the next group autofill.

Care to share?

I attempted last night, didn't even see the booking screen so I'm gearing up properly for Sunday.

I've managed to set up a couple of remote desktops to increase chances, but I don't have a reliable autofill solution!

Cheers

28 minutes ago, mufcok said:

What is the actual advantage of that (that's what I may be doing with my work VPN), just the speed?

Typically your work would have a bigger, dedicated internet connection than you have at home. It won't be contended/shared unlike a typical home connection, and the latency will be lower so you're getting a response from the See Tickets server quicker. In theory. ☺️

In my mind, you're only seeing this benefit if you're directly using a server or a workstation close to the Internet breakout in your office or Data Centre. If you VPN into your work and use the browser on your laptop for instance, I can't see much theoretical advantage - apart from perhaps coming from a different IP depending on how the VPN is configured.

6 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

OK, but some have mentioned coming from different regions. Either way, if you're using your own laptop/PC/whatever browser and going via a VPN, you're adding additional hops and it should make your chances less likely. In theory. But obviously none of that seems to matter in random Glasto-ticket-getting-land.

You're right, extra hops, but then so is going via a work VPN.  

If you have a spare machine, it's just another option that won't interfere with chances on your other machine.

3 minutes ago, clarkete said:

You're right, extra hops, but then so is going via a work VPN.  

Not if you RDP to a server/workstation and use the browser on that machine though.

That's how I got tickets in 2016. Although it may also have been pure random luck of course.

7 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Typically your work would have a bigger, dedicated internet connection than you have at home. It won't be contended/shared unlike a typical home connection, and the latency will be lower so you're getting a response from the See Tickets server quicker. In theory. ☺️

In my mind, you're only seeing this benefit if you're directly using a server or a workstation close to the Internet breakout in your office or Data Centre. If you VPN into your work and use the browser on your laptop for instance, I can't see much theoretical advantage - apart from perhaps coming from a different IP depending on how the VPN is configured.

OK that helps. I feel like my knowledge is getting there, so my final question.. My work has 3 VPN connections I can join - my actual office one and then there's 2 data centres; one in the north and one in the midlands. If I'm understanding you right, in theory.. if I use one of the data centre VPN connections it could help?..

Just now, mufcok said:

OK that helps. I feel like my knowledge is getting there, so my final question.. My work has 3 VPN connections I can join - my actual office one and then there's 2 data centres; one in the north and one in the midlands. If I'm understanding you right, in theory.. if I use one of the data centre VPN connections it could help?..

Yeah probably. It's possible your office has a WAN connection to the DCs and so when you're there you actually break out onto the Internet by going via the WAN to the DC. The DC is likely to have a better connection, so I'd go from there.

Obviously if anyone can tell you exactly how the network is designed then you can be more sure, but that's the most likely setup.

3 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Not if you RDP to a server/workstation and use the browser on that machine though.

That's how I got tickets in 2016. Although it may also have been pure random luck of course.

I did that for a decade or two onto a machine in a tier 3 data centre with a fat pipe, but did find in the last few years my advantage dissipated as other folks had faster connections at home, which is at least nicer for everyone :) 

12 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I did that for a decade or two onto a machine in a tier 3 data centre with a fat pipe, but did find in the last few years my advantage dissipated as other folks had faster connections at home, which is at least nicer for everyone :) 

Yeah you're probably right. Won't stop me giving it a go on Sunday though just in case. ?