My best tips for ticket day....

Apone

2 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Anyone know how the sell out times compared to the last few years? Gone quicker or similar?

Sold out in 22 minutes last time around. I think today was about 25?

As for normal sale the same year it lasted 50 minutes...

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/the-thingy.html#

31 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Yeah they always do. The system has always favoured big groups!

I mean the same person gets through multiple times. 1 year I got through for 4 or 5 different groups including my own.

1 year I got through twice and had the screen up - but had no one left to buy for!

For 2017 - my mate got through constantly. He was ringing around different groups. Had about 5 tabs open all "in"

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

I put this on another thread after managing to get tix for some mates tonight - trying for myself on Sunday. Thought my musings might help familiarise things!

1. The 20-second refresh countdown doesn't count down anymore. I counted a couple of seconds before hitting F5.

2. Once you've filled in all the details, there seemed to be a million more boxes to tick (probably about 4-5 in reality), probably because of changes in data laws. You, of course, need to check them all so look carefully. I missed one and bricked it thinking all my hard work was useless! Luckily it didn't matter, but could be the difference.

3. If the loading bar got stuck, highlighting the URL and hitting enter seemed to help. No idea why!

4. Nothing different, but my palms were the usual sweaty mess, even though the tickets weren't mine. Glasto ticket buying is not good for the blood pressure!

Once I clicked on Wednesday and got the holding page I was a bit confused about whether to refresh that page, or click Back and go again from the start point.

In the end I just kept refreshing but nothing.

Tragic for all who missed out, but well done to those that got in, you must be buzzing.

1 minute ago, alibear said:

I put this on another thread after managing to get tix for some mates tonight - trying for myself on Sunday. Thought my musings might help familiarise things!

1. The 20-second refresh countdown doesn't count down anymore. I counted a couple of seconds before hitting F5.

2. Once you've filled in all the details, there seemed to be a million more boxes to tick (probably about 4-5 in reality), probably because of changes in data laws. You, of course, need to check them all so look carefully. I missed one and bricked it thinking all my hard work was useless! Luckily it didn't matter, but could be the difference.

3. If the loading bar got stuck, highlighting the URL and hitting enter seemed to help. No idea why!

4. Nothing different, but my palms were the usual sweaty mess, even though the tickets weren't mine. Glasto ticket buying is not good for the blood pressure!

Cheers for that, number 2 is a shitter

13 minutes ago, Harry3 said:

Id be less annoyed if I didnt even get in,

getting to the coach selection screen then being cockblocked by what looked like a website bug is infuriating.

Yeah. That's happened to me before. That year ended well though. It's a long story.

I'd be interested to know what people thought was going on here:

I was in on Chrome and was trying for a single single (sic) 05:00 from London. That kept just refreshing on every click of Proceed, asking me to redo my selection from the drop down "select a town" bit. Just kept doing that. Over and over. Occasionally going back to the holding page and requiring a "don't panic" back button.

I then got through on Opera as well, so tried for a different train. (Well, lots of different trains if I'm honest, wondering if I kept getting reset because I kept going for just that moment sold out trains). It was then I started getting messages about "Bookings must match number of registrations" messages (I forget the actual message. I think I got at least two different red warning texts).

Over and over on both browsers.

I'm wondering if I confused it by trying for two (then lots of) different trains at the same time.

What's weird is that from getting through until the end of the sale, I still kept getting offered the same trains with every enforced refresh (i.e. nothing ever changed from available to sold out between enforced resets (which is what led me to "panic picking")).

28 minutes ago, panasonic2011 said:

So please did people frantically refresh and get chucked off or did you all who got booking page refresh like mental

I wouldn't say full on mental but it was definitely a bit mad. It's hard to explain thought processes under that sort of pressure but I was one browser refresh, other browser refresh...

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Sunday will be dog eat dog.

Anyone who tries to convince themselves otherwise is insane.

I won't be happy others have tickets until I've got one in my pocket myself.

There’s much to be said for helping each other. You might wait until you’ve bagged your own ticket, but there’ll be five other people trying for me as I will be for them. If I can’t get them a ticket, I don’t get one myself. Same goes for them. Together we win. 

25 minutes ago, alibear said:

Would you mind elaborating on point two?

I didn't get further than "select a town/coach" page and didn't see any "check" boxes. That sort of thing usually happens at the end doesn't it?

Did I maybe miss a box before the payment page (which I'm pretty sure would've been the next one)?

Number three worked for me a number of times as well.

Just now, CeriG said:

That was brutal.... but 6 tickets bought!!! So happy ? and 6 more hands on deck for Sunday for the others.

massive shout out to @crazyfool1 for helping out and being on call.

If there’s one ticket we want to get on Sunday it’s yours.

such a genuine, kind bloke ??