NOS Alive 2019

AlexTurnah

50 minutes ago, Red Day said:

I've had a look at her tour dates and she plays BST in London on the Saturday.  I'm not sure she'd play the Friday in Lisbon and then London the next day.  The Thursday already has the Cure as headlining so it's unlikely she'd be on that date.   It's maybe more likely she won't be there.  As for who the other headliners are, I've no idea.  I was thinking maybe The Who, but I saw on one picture that their London show is a European exclusive.  Does seem strange they're taking so long to announce, as are Mad Cool 

If she's going to Spain/Portugal, there's also Mad Cool Thursday to fill (potentially). Not abnormal to do the next night that far away though, in fact, the National are playing before Florence the night after they play Mad Cool. Still possible but as you say, can't see why it wouldn't be announced by now. 

Assuming the rest of the lineup isn't announced due to an inactive artist gearing up for a release, google is telling me these have albums out 2019-

Adele - Title TBA

Carly Rae Jepsen - Title TBA

Coldplay - Title TBA

Dua Lipa - Title TBA

Kaiser Chiefs - Title TBA

Kanye West - Turbo Grafx 16

Lana Del Rey - Norman F****ng Rodwell

LSD (Labrinth, Sia and Diplo) - LSD

Madonna - Title TBA

Major Lazer - Music Is The Weapon

Rihanna - Title TBA

Taylor Swift - Title TBA

Vampire Weekend - Mitsubishi Macchiato

The Weeknd - Chapter 6

Zara Larsson - Title TBA

ZAYN - Title TBA

Crossing out who it 100% isn't..

Makes me think it's Coldplay! (ew) No-one else is that realistic...

34 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Assuming the rest of the lineup isn't announced due to an inactive artist gearing up for a release, google is telling me these have albums out 2019-

Adele - Title TBA

Coldplay - Title TBA

Dua Lipa - Title TBA

Madonna - Title TBA

Rihanna - Title TBA

Taylor Swift - Title TBA

The Weeknd - Chapter 6

Zara Larsson - Title TBA

ZAYN - Title TBA

I remember reading somewhere that Madonna lives in Lisbon and she's always desperate to stay relevant, so I wonder if she would do a festival tour.

If it's Florence that's announced as the Friday headliner then she would have been a fairly late booking. I'm guessing they'll have more wider options they want to pursue. However, it's going to come to a point where they're going to have to settle for any headliner they can get. There's not a huge number of them knocking about this Summer after all...

36 minutes ago, stylishkids said:

If it's Florence that's announced as the Friday headliner then she would have been a fairly late booking. I'm guessing they'll have more wider options they want to pursue. However, it's going to come to a point where they're going to have to settle for any headliner they can get. There's not a huge number of them knocking about this Summer after all...

It'll be either two artists co-headlining, her or a NOS Alive and Mad Cool exclusive act, I reckon

54 minutes ago, chilirocker said:

I remember reading somewhere that Madonna lives in Lisbon and she's always desperate to stay relevant, so I wonder if she would do a festival tour.

$$$$$$ I'm afraid. There was a  rumour  that she wanted £5m for Glastonbury.

9 minutes ago, joaommaia said:

Madonna is leaving Lisbon.

Coldplay could be a possibility, but I think maybe we should start seeing the bands that will be touring US and figure out a good possibility to headline Mad Cool and NOS Alive in exclusive. 

Elton John's playing about 25 Europe dates leading up to NOS, none in Portugal and has a gap after 7th July in Italy all the way to 4 September where he starts up in the US again. 

1 hour ago, DarthSaul said:

Adele - Title TBA

Coldplay - Title TBA

Dua Lipa - Title TBA

Madonna - Title TBA

Rihanna - Title TBA

Taylor Swift - Title TBA

The Weeknd - Chapter 6

Zara Larsson - Title TBA

ZAYN - Title TBA

None of these are realistic to me, including Elton John and excluding Coldplay. It's gotta be someone that fits if we're talking about an exclusive act, if not, it's just someone who hasn't yet been anounced but is out there already (not that ANYONE out there is worthy of this exhaustingly long wait)

2 minutes ago, young_contra said:

None of these are realistic to me, including Elton John and excluding Coldplay. It's gotta be someone that fits if we're talking about an exclusive act, if not, it's just someone who hasn't yet been anounced but is out there already (not that ANYONE out there is worthy of this exhaustingly long wait)

I'm not sure it's someone out there already.. they're letting their ticket sales suffer (I'm sure people are opting for SBSR because of the lack of lineup, hence it's sell out of a day) so I'm sure they'd only let it suffer if they're sure this coming announcement will recoup the losses so far. ie a big surprise that'll have people excited.

Obviously I don't know how well the tickets are selling but we all guess here, don't we!

Just now, DarthSaul said:

I'm not sure it's someone out there already.. they're letting their ticket sales suffer (I'm sure people are opting for SBSR because of the lack of lineup, hence it's sell out of a day) so I'm sure they'd only let it suffer if they're sure this coming announcement will recoup the losses so far. ie a big surprise that'll have people excited.

Obviously I don't know how well the tickets are selling but we all guess here, don't we!

Good point. Not only are they delaying this so much, they already lost The Strokes 

1 minute ago, jplewes said:

Appreciate it might be back further in this thread, but where's the theory they lost the Strokes from?

It ain't really theory, it's just logistical coherence to take in consideration regarding their dates - BBK and Doctor Music - AND the fact that Julian will also play in The Voidz in both festivals

14 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Elton John's playing about 25 Europe dates leading up to NOS, none in Portugal and has a gap after 7th July in Italy all the way to 4 September where he starts up in the US again. 

He's got kids now and that's probably school holidays - he's probably spending a couple of months relaxing mid-tour in the south of France with his family.

1 minute ago, Tremousse said:

Nope, they were not even Primavera headliners when they were at their best. 

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "primavera 2012 lineup"

That's what I'm saying though, we're talking about headliners, if they were ever to come play in NOS Alive it'd be 100% on the Sagres Stage so that's why I thought that suggestion was out of the blue

13 minutes ago, young_contra said:

That's what I'm saying though, we're talking about headliners, if they were ever to come play in NOS Alive it'd be 100% on the Sagres Stage so that's why I thought that suggestion was out of the blue

Ah sorry my bad ! ?

• Like 1

This festival's organization just teased that tomorrow morning there'll be news. Probably might just be an announcement of a single concert and not a festival confirmation, don't think they ever teased it like this before (outside of the festival's social media profiles) but it's still something

https://www.facebook.com/everythingisnew/photos/a.277236279949/10151084570764950/?type=3&theater

4 minutes ago, young_contra said:

This festival's organization just teased that tomorrow morning there'll be news. Probably might just be an announcement of a single concert and not a festival confirmation, don't think they ever teased it like this before (outside of the festival's social media profiles) but it's still something

https://www.facebook.com/everythingisnew/photos/a.277236279949/10151084570764950/?type=3&theater

Bet it will be about Nos Alive´s headliner, they did the same when they announced The Weekend two years ago, and Wednesday is the most used day by Nos Alive to announce artists.

By the marketing it will be the another headliner headliner and a big one.

It also could be something about that Coldplay concert that Blitz spoke 3 months ago, but we can´t trust Blitz, can´t we? 

Edited by festivalguy97