Acts Touring Around Glastonbury 2019

Gnomicide

16 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Landfill music for the landfill stage.

Anything is landfill if you don't like it.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can imagine them subbing it this year.

The only way I see that is if they don't want to close it due to clashing with a bigger artist and naturally they won't be subbing it on Friday, I'd doubt it on Saturday either.

5 minutes ago, briddj said:

CATB most definitely could sub, might not be this time but to say they never will is silly.

I'm looking at the festivals they aren't doing. Ignoring what smaller one's they did as I can't remember totally last year but what they aren't at, Truck, Tramlines, Kendall, Boardmasters, Latitude, IOW, Neighbourhood or Parklife. 

Y Not is still to come but a little look just at that tells me they did that this year. That leaves Glastonbury, TRNSMT in Scotland and Victorious but the latter isn't the type that books them.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Specials sounding great on 6music now. Maybe they'll be back? Would love it and their tour extends to July. 

Just listened to a new track on spotify (b.l.m). Far better than i expected it to be. Not too sure about going to see them with just 3 original members, but that song is strong enough to maybe tempt me

2 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I can imagine them subbing it this year.

They won't be going only 1 step up the same stage with a new album, they went 3 steps up the stage stage with a 2nd album the 2nd time they played and the venue's they are playing now are massively bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if Glasto have got them as a sub by being the only English Fest to have them this year.

11 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

They won't be going only 1 step up the same stage with a new album, they went 3 steps up the stage stage with a 2nd album the 2nd time they played and the venue's they are playing now are massively bigger. I wouldn't be surprised if Glasto have got them as a sub by being the only English Fest to have them this year.

I cant say Im arsed, I dont like them, but Catnip do feel like Other Subs to me.

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The Other Stage is made for acts like Catfish and there’s a reason why bands like them and Courteeners etc are there every time they’re booked. No use clogging up the top end of the Pyramid with that guff when there’s essentially a whole other main stage dedicated to it a short walk away. Other sub for Catfish if they’re there.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nah...nah.  Loads of dope jams. Nothing to actively moan about. Alcoholiday is a GOAT sadbanger.

But it's definitely FULL ZERO GERARD and that's fucking harsh.

The lack of Star Sign is a particular worry. They maye be respecting the Love by not playing any of his songs, but there’s got to be a limit somewhere? 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Probably. Definitely the best Britpop album. It's a masterpiece.

The songs are brilliant from tracks 1-13 , played and sung fantastically..but the thing that grabbed me from the first listen (on a tape bought from Our Price in Nuneaton) to now, 20-odd years later, is the love that was obviously poured into it (no pun intended).

It reminds me of Revolver where it seems like the differing songwriters are almost egging each other on, track after track, saying “yeah, beat that you fucker”...and they do.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Fannies as Beatles analogy is tight, except they had two Pauls and one George.

And it extends to thinking that John (Norman) is the obvious cool long haired bespectacled one, George (Ray) is the mysterious not-as-many-songs-as-everyone-else-but-they’re-all-brilliant one, but everyone knows that Paul (Gerry) is the true bohemian and genius.

Gerry's the best songwriter for sure. Disco Lites. Going Places. Aint That Enough. The Town and the City.  Shock & Awe.

But also, it turns out, a bit of a stay at home introvert and the guy that's been preventing them taking the bigger gigs.

Expecting to see the nu model TFC at the G this year.