2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

Yo if I get laughed out for putting Weezer third down the Pyramid, you can't put The War on Drugs there. It makes sense as a sub choice because of <list of other less-mainstream, more-critically-acclaimed subs> but other than that I can't see them playing the Pyramid at all. I don't think the 'Liam subbing his idol' thing is a goer really but more so I don't think Lauryn Hill is gonna rock up at Glastonbury so would either do some swapping around there, or relegate TWOD to the Other.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

If Weezer play (which they won’t...not getting my hopes up again)

There is genuinely a much larger chance of them playing next year though, that's why everyone is predicting them. They're doing their first European festival since 2011 a couple of weeks after Glastonbury. You were getting your hopes up over nothing until now.

7 hours ago, dentalplan said:

There is genuinely a much larger chance of them playing next year though, that's why everyone is predicting them. They're doing their first European festival since 2011 a couple of weeks after Glastonbury. You were getting your hopes up over nothing until now.

I'd kind of forgotten they'd been announced for a European festival around Glastonbury and had assumed everybody was putting them in their predictions out of blind optimism as is usually the case. This is good news, although now it'll really suck if they're not on the lineup.

Still not third down the Pyramid, mind.

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Yo if I get laughed out for putting Weezer third down the Pyramid, you can't put The War on Drugs there. It makes sense as a sub choice because of <list of other less-mainstream, more-critically-acclaimed subs> but other than that I can't see them playing the Pyramid at all. I don't think the 'Liam subbing his idol' thing is a goer really but more so I don't think Lauryn Hill is gonna rock up at Glastonbury so would either do some swapping around there, or relegate TWOD to the Other.

I don't think either of TWOD or Weezer will be 3rd on Pyramid. I also see Liam under Macca as something the fest would avoid to split the crowd up, I understand putting two similar if you like aka Kanye and Pharrell together but I'd say myself that Liam would play a different day. 

On 9/3/2018 at 4:11 PM, SomeoneListeningIn said:

hi

Py: Stormzy / The Streets / Iggy Pop / Dua Lipa / Years & Years / Declan McKenna / Salif Keita
OS: Aphex Twin / Jess Glynne / The Vaccines / Blossoms / Leon Bridges / Tom Grennan / Parquet Courts / Confidence Man / Bloc Party
WH: Alabama Shakes / Jungle / Tom Misch / Laura Mvula / Ibeyi
JP: Weezer / Editors / Vince Staples / The Horrors / Car Seat Headrest
Pa: Courtney Barnett / Sophie

Py: Madonna / Lauryn Hill / George Ezra / Christine & the Queens / Billy Ocean / Kamasi Washington / Joan Armatrading
OS: Vampire Weekend / Jamie xx / Hot Chip / Friendly Fires / Anne Marie / Portugal the Man / Fickle Friends / Maggie Rodgers / Nina Nesbitt
WH: Silk City / Jorja Smith / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / Fatoumata Diawara
JP: Chvrches / Brockhampton / Beach House / Idles / Shame
Pa: My Bloody Valentine / Django Django

Py: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / The War on Drugs / Diana Ross / Tom Odell / Greta Van Fleet / Lucy Rose
OS: Disclosure / Anderson Paak & the Free Nationals / Giggs / The Wombats / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Sigrid / Miles Kane / The Magic Gang / The Joy Formidable
WH: Run-DMC / Chaka Khan / The John Butler Trio / Toots & the Maytals / IamDDB
JP: Lily Allen / Mura Masa / Charli xcx / Pale Waves / Honne
Pa: Bonobo / Loyle Carner

I can't see Paul McCartney headline Glastonbury next year more  likely to be the 1975 or artic monkeys tbh.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

I don't think either of TWOD or Weezer will be 3rd on Pyramid. I also see Liam under Macca as something the fest would avoid to split the crowd up, I understand putting two similar if you like aka Kanye and Pharrell together but I'd say myself that Liam would play a different day. 

I honestly wouldn't say the greatest songwriter of all time and the human coat-rack are that similar; it's just the idea bandied about that LG would agree to play if he subbed Macca, when I'm pretty sure he's taking any major gig he can get at the moment to save for future alimony cases. Not quite sure he was being serious in his tweet anyway but it does seem like something that could well happen.

• Upvote 1

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Ariana Grande / Iggy Pop / Christine and the Queens / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Kate Tempest / Omar Souleyman
Other: Tame Impala / Weezer / Hot Chip / Blossoms / Lily Allen / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / Shame
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Jungle / Tom Misch / Chromeo / IamDDB
John Peel: Interpol / Editors / Beach House / The Internet / AJ Tracey / The Magic Gang / Anna Calvi / Natalie Prass / Dream Wife / Goat Girl
Park: Jarvis Cocker / Courtney Barnett / Kamasi Washington / Mitski / tUnE-yArDs / Albert Hammond Jr. / Ought / Hop Along / Nilüfer Yanya

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The War on Drugs / Dua Lipa / Years and Years / John Grant / Declan McKenna / Joan Armatrading
Other: Jamie xx / Jess Glynne / Krept x Konan / Franz Ferdinand / Friendly Fires / IDLES / Parquet Courts / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: George Benson / Chaka Khan / Toots and the Maytals / Kelela
John Peel: CHVRCHES / Charli XCX / BROCKHAMPTON / Sigrid / Marmozets / Miles Kane / Kate Nash / Starcrawler / Sam Fender / Bloxx
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / Hookworms / Iceage / Preoccupations / Jehnny Beth / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever / Bodega

Sunday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Cher / Solange / Tom Odell / Femi Kuti
Other: The Streets / James Blake / James Bay / The Wombats / Everything Everything / Cigarettes After Sex / Car Seat Headrest / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: Janelle Monáe / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: The Vaccines / Mura Masa / The Horrors / Mumford and Sons (secret set) / Gaz Coombes / Dave / The Joy Formidable / Black Honey / Sunflower Bean / Gerry Cinnamon
Park: Caribou / Django Django / SOPHIE / Superorganism / Confidence Man / Let's Eat Grandma / Soccer Mommy / Yaeji / Boy Azooga

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Ariana Grande / Iggy Pop / Christine and the Queens / J-Hus / King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Kate Tempest / Omar Souleyman
Other: Tame Impala / Weezer / Hot Chip / Blossoms / Lily Allen / Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes / Loyle Carner / Shame
West Holts: Jon Hopkins / Jungle / Tom Misch / Chromeo / IamDDB
John Peel: Interpol / Editors / Beach House / The Internet / AJ Tracey / The Magic Gang / Anna Calvi / Natalie Prass / Dream Wife / Goat Girl
Park: Jarvis Cocker / Courtney Barnett / Kamasi Washington / Mitski / tUnE-yArDs / Albert Hammond Jr. / Ought / Hop Along / Nilüfer Yanya

Saturday:
Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys / The War on Drugs / Dua Lipa / Years and Years / John Grant / Declan McKenna / Joan Armatrading
Other: Jamie xx / Jess Glynne / Krept x Konan / Franz Ferdinand / Friendly Fires / IDLES / Parquet Courts / Pale Waves / Greta Van Fleet
West Holts: George Benson / Chaka Khan / Toots and the Maytals / Kelela
John Peel: CHVRCHES / Charli XCX / BROCKHAMPTON / Sigrid / Marmozets / Miles Kane / Kate Nash / Starcrawler / Sam Fender / Bloxx
Park: My Bloody Valentine / The Breeders / Hookworms / Iceage / Preoccupations / Jehnny Beth / Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever / Bodega

Sunday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / George Ezra / Cher / Solange / Tom Odell / Femi Kuti
Other: The Streets / James Blake / James Bay / The Wombats / Everything Everything / Cigarettes After Sex / Car Seat Headrest / Fickle Friends / Tom Grennan
West Holts: Janelle Monáe / Young Fathers / Blood Orange / Mount Kimbie
John Peel: The Vaccines / Mura Masa / The Horrors / Mumford and Sons (secret set) / Gaz Coombes / Dave / The Joy Formidable / Black Honey / Sunflower Bean / Gerry Cinnamon
Park: Caribou / Django Django / SOPHIE / Superorganism / Confidence Man / Let's Eat Grandma / Soccer Mommy / Yaeji / Boy Azooga

Looks pretty tight. Your Park Stage is always too good though and just reads like a record store guide to new releases.

I think Jungle would headline West Holts now, and Courtney Barnett same for Park.

Also it's a bit naff a thing to think but I don't see them going all-male across the headliners again next year. Although if they can only get whoever's touring and nobody suitable is then I guess they wouldn't have a choice.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Looks pretty tight. Your Park Stage is always too good though and just reads like a record store guide to new releases.

I think Jungle would headline West Holts now, and Courtney Barnett same for Park.

Also it's a bit naff a thing to think but I don't see them going all-male across the headliners again next year. Although if they can only get whoever's touring and nobody suitable is then I guess they wouldn't have a choice.

Yeah my Park Stage tends to get filled up by me just looking through what albums have been released this year and picking the most Park-y acts, so that's fair.

I actually had Courtney Bazza headlining Park until I wanted to add Jarvis Cocker in, and didn't wanna get rid of either of the other Park headliners. But yeah, looking at recent Park subs it wouldn't happen. Only one we've really had in the last few years who could have headlined the stage is maybe Spiritualized in 2015? I'll probs just shift her to the wilderness of the Other Stage or something.

I did have Madonna in there before I began leaning back towards Arctic Monkeys, but other than her or Fleetwood Mac is there anyone else in the picture? Not sure I can see them managing to bag both Macca and one of them in the same year tbh. I also can't see them having another pop act in there alongside Stormzy which would rule out the likes of Gaga and Rihanna.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah my Park Stage tends to get filled up by me just looking through what albums have been released this year and picking the most Park-y acts, so that's fair.

I actually had Courtney Bazza headlining Park until I wanted to add Jarvis Cocker in, and didn't wanna get rid of either of the other Park headliners. But yeah, looking at recent Park subs it wouldn't happen. Only one we've really had in the last few years who could have headlined the stage is maybe Spiritualized in 2015? I'll probs just shift her to the wilderness of the Other Stage or something.

I did have Madonna in there before I began leaning back towards Arctic Monkeys, but other than her or Fleetwood Mac is there anyone else in the picture? Not sure I can see them managing to bag both Macca and one of them in the same year tbh. I also can't see them having another pop act in there alongside Stormzy which would rule out the likes of Gaga and Rihanna.

I think they can get Fleetwood Mac or Madonna and Paul McCartney in the same year. They have to play for the fee Glastonbury pays anyway, and they're all rich enough that they can just play for the hell of it and if not then find a much better somewhere else. If they don't accept that fee though and, as you say, if there's no big pop act suitable then they're left without any wimmin up at the top.

Chucking Courtney Barnett on the Other Stage is what I did on mine. Actually seems more appropriate to me than headlining the Park, now I think about it. I do quite like a lot of her music but I can't imagine even much bigger fans would be jazzed about watching music all day and Courtney Barnett being the act to cap it all off.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think they can get Fleetwood Mac or Madonna and Paul McCartney in the same year. They have to play for the fee Glastonbury pays anyway, and they're all rich enough that they can just play for the hell of it and if not then find a much better somewhere else. If they don't accept that fee though and, as you say, if there's no big pop act suitable then they're left without any wimmin up at the top.

Chucking Courtney Barnett on the Other Stage is what I did on mine. Actually seems more appropriate to me than headlining the Park, now I think about it. I do quite like a lot of her music but I can't imagine even much bigger fans would be jazzed about watching music all day and Courtney Barnett being the act to cap it all off.

To be honest I was thinking more like, I can't see them being lucky enough to have two of Paul McCartney, Fleetwood Mac and Madonna agree to play for their reduced fee in the same year. Pretty silly but it just doesn't look right to me when I type it out and have two of those acts doing it in the same year. Though that's probably partly because I don't think they've ever had two huge legacy acts like those in the same year.

Yeah I feel the same about Courtney Barnett. Even though I like her music, I don't think I've ever looked at the predictions on here and thought I'd want to see her as my headliner. I'd probably go see someone like Macca/The Mac over her even though I don't really have much interest in either, just because ending my night with Courtney Barnett doesn't seem like an exciting prospect.

Friday:
Pyramid: Stormzy / Vampire Weekend / Duran Duran / Frank Turner / Tom Odell / Christine & the Queens / Kamasi Washington / Declan McKenna
Other: Bastijj200e / Ariana Grande / Blossoms / Hot Chip / IDLES / King Giz & The Liz Wiz / The Sherlocks / Franz Ferdinand
West Holts: Lenny Kravitz / Young Fathers / St. Paul & the Broken Bones / The Internet / Titus Andronicus

John Peel: The War on Drugs / The Wombats / Fat White Family / Drenge / Goat / Goat Girl / The Twilight Sad / Greeta Van Fleet / Shame / Morphine
Park: Chvrches / Guy Garvey / Bill Ryder Jones / Graham Coxon / tUnE-yArDs / Soccer Mommy / Ty Segall / Broken Social Scene / Sad13
Acoustic: The Devine Comedy

Saturday:
Pyramid: Taylor Swift / George Ezra / Def Leppard / Sheryl Crow / Teenage Fanclub / Slaves / Tom Robinson Band
Other: Nine Inch Nails / Weezer / Young Fathers / Courtney Barnett / Charlie XCX / Miles Kane / Flogging Molly / The Joy Formidable / Cud
West Holts: Janelle Monáe / Chaka Khan / Seasick Steve / Confidence Man / Dawn Penn / Jazz man, Jazz / ---
John Peel: Frank Turner / The Horrors / Miles Kane / Yo La Tengo / Savages / The Magic Numbers / Snapped Ankles / Let’s Eat Grandma
Park: Father John Misty / The Decemberists / Whitney / Gruff Rhys / The Lemon Twigs / The Low Anthem / Lucinda Williams / Rolling Blackouts
Acoustic: Counting Crows

Sunday:
Pyramid: Paul McCartney / Liam Gallagher / Dua Lipa / Diana Ross / James Bay / Omar Souleyman / Some Form Of Local Brass Band
Other: The 1975 / The The / Gorkey’s Oozi Whatsit / Michael Kiwanuka / St Vincent / Scritti Politti / Band of Horses / White Denim /  Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes
West Holts: Prophets of Rage / Toots and the Maytals  / Portugal. The Man / Ladysmith Black Mambazo
John Peel: Iggy Pop / Foster the People / Kodaline / Stereophonics (Surprise!) / The Hold Steady / Anti-flag / The Lovely Eggs / Jagwa Ma / Rat Boy / Beans On Toast

Park: Public Service Broadcasting / John Nopkins / Kate Nash / Josh T. Pearson / Car Seat Headrest / The Moonlandings / Japandroids / Rodney Brannigan / Showhawk Duo
Acoustic: Deacon Blue

Edited by Gnomicide
Look. A squirrel!