2019 Stage Predictions

dentalplan

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

And if she does come back with an absolute belter then by all means have her headline. My point remains that right now she is not headliner material.

Seems entirely unreasonable. She did two bigger gigs than headlining Glastonbury last year alone, on the back of her biggest flop. Maybe the one-two of Adkins and Sheeran has raised the bar to unrealistic heights but, should Gaga offer them the gig, Glastonbury would surely lock her in as headliner straight away and move on.

I see no reason why she'd be in the mix for next year anyway but y'all wild if you think Glastonbury is that spoilt for choice that they'll tell Gaga she's no longer a headliner and she can go on before Stormzy.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She did two bigger gigs than headlining Glastonbury last year alone, on the back of her biggest flop.

I assume you're referring to the Superbowl and Coachella - one would have been booked well before that album came out and the other she was a last minute replacement for Beyoncé who pulled out.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Surely Stormzy subbing Kendrick is the way forward? 

Stormzy

Kendrick

Noel

Macca

Gaga 

Madonna

If the Stormzy IG thing is a hint I'd assume it's a hint towards headlining. He's already subbed Other, and hip-hop acts always play in non-headline slots. Him subbing wouldn't be anything to make a big deal about.

For me it's either a hint about him headlining, or it's nothing and he just came across the quote in some magazine or whatever and posted it to take the piss.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I assume you're referring to the Superbowl and Coachella - one would have been booked well before that album came out and the other she was a last minute replacement for Beyoncé who pulled out.

But everyone knew Joanne was gonna flop so the timing of her release has nowt to do with it. And the fact that Coachella could really turn to anyone with the millions they have at their disposal and got Gaga says a lot about her status. She wasn't first choice over Beyoncé, no, but nobody is.

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

And the fact that Coachella could really turn to anyone with the millions they have at their disposal and got Gaga says a lot about her status. She wasn't first choice over Beyoncé, no, but nobody is.

Dunno about that, really. Coachella has had questionable headliners in the past and, being a replacement, Gaga will obviously have been booked at less notice than most headliners. Yeah they have the millions but lots of headline-sized acts who were active that Summer could easily have had other plans by that time, be it playing elsewhere that weekend, signing up for other events that prevent them from playing Coachella, having their tour planned for a different time and it not being feasible to add Coachella onto it, or whatever.

I think it's also possible that they'd want someone at least slightly similar in style to Beyonce (i.e. a pop star rather than a rock band or something) seeing as they'd sold tickets with her advertised as a headliner. This may have led to them being more open to having a less-definitely-big-enough act fill in as long as they fit that criteria. Lady Gaga replacing Beyonce makes a lot more sense than Foo Fighters replacing her or something.

That's not to say that I don't think Glasto would consider her a headliner. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, but I do think it'd be pretty underwhelming compared with getting her in 2011 or whatever.

9 minutes ago, Jasonbee said:

Kendrick Lamar, Stormzy, 1975

Noel Gallagher, Paolo Nutini, The War On Drugs

Arctic Monkeys, Sam Smith, Bastille

Disclosure, Elbow, Dua Lipa

Paul McCartney, Lady Gaga, Elton John, Diana Ross

Pete Tong, Skepta, Jess Glynne

Is this just a list of some artists in a random order or

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

Coachella's a weird one coz (iirc) Phoenix headlined the same year they played the John Peel tent.

Phoenix is (was?) a headline act for the major US fests.

The opposite can be applied on Arctic Monkeys before 2014, and still back then they co-headlined at best iirc. At Coachella 2012 they played the same slot at the Hives, next year AM headlined Glastonbury the 2nd time and the Hives played the other at 12:00. 

Edited by Ovechkin

I had a little time, so I had another go! I know it’s not the best (but boredom got to me!), I’ve included a few bands I saw at Boomtown too. I know a couple of bands are in pretty much similar slots they have played at the festival too! So advance apologies and don’t be too harsh! The Hacienda Classical on The Park was just to put them in somewhere as they’ve already confirmed they’re playing! 

?

Pry: Madonna, Stormzy, Years and Years, First Aid Kit, Tom Odell, Blossoms, Joan Armatrading

Other: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes, Parquet Courts, Shame, Franz Ferdinand. 

Park: Seasick Steve, Cat Power, Hookworms, Lewis Capaldi, Elvana, Soccer Mommy.

JP: Interpol, Sleaford Mods, Christine and The Queens,  Superorganism, No Age, She Drew The Gun.

WH: RUN DMC, Jungle, Brockhampton, Mount Kimbie, Tune-Yards, OMG It’s The Church. 

Pry: Arctic Monkeys, The War On Drugs, Dua Lipa, Young Fathers, George Ezra, The Beach Boys, The Vaccines. 

Other: The Streets, Courteeners, Enter Shikari, Anne-Marie, Chainsmokers, Priests.

Park: Courtney Barnett, The Coral, Rex Orange County, Nation of Language, Courtney Marie Andrews, Goat Girl

JP: Chvrches, Idles, Charlie XCX, The Darkness, Confidence Man, Eleanor Friedberger, Let’s Eat Grandma.

WH: Orbital, Janelle Monāe, J Hus, Hot 8 Brass Band, Natalie Prass, Leon Bridges.

Pry: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s HFB, Ariana Grande, Kylie Minogue, The Wombats, Slaves, Declan McKenna.

Other: The Prodigy, Weezer, Skepta, St. Vincent, Sundara Karma, The Sherlocks.

Park: Hacienda Classical, Friendly Fires, Marina and The Diamonds, Hobo Johnson, John Grant, Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever.

JP: Lily Allen, The Horrors, Sigrid, The Lemon Twigs, Bodega, Black Honey, Starcrawler.

WH: Jamiroquai, Loyle Carner, Giggs, Baloji, Benjamin Zephaniah and the Revolutionary Minds,  Dubioza Kolectiv. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

I had a little time, so I had another go! I know it’s not the best (but boredom got to me!), I’ve included a few bands I saw at Boomtown too. I know a couple of bands are in pretty much similar slots they have played at the festival too! So advance apologies and don’t be too harsh! The Hacienda Classical on The Park was just to put them in somewhere as they’ve already confirmed they’re playing! 

?

Pry: Madonna, Stormzy, Years and Years, First Aid Kit, Tom Odell, Blossoms, Joan Armatrading

Other: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, Jess Glynne, Frank Carter and The Rattlesnakes, Parquet Courts, Shame, Franz Ferdinand. 

JP: Interpol, Sleaford Mods, Christine and The Queens,  Superorganism, No Age, She Drew The Gun.

WH: RUN DMC, Jungle, Brockhampton, Mount Kimbie, Tune-Yards, OMG It’s The Church. 

Pry: Arctic Monkeys, The War On Drugs, Dua Lipa, Young Fathers, George Ezra, The Beach Boys, The Vaccines. 

Other: The Streets, Courteeners, Enter Shikari, Anne-Marie, Chainsmokers, Priests.

Park: Courtney Barnett, The Coral, Rex Orange County, Nation of Language, Courtney Marie Andrews, Goat Girl

JP: Chvrches, Idles, Charlie XCX, The Darkness, Confidence Man, Eleanor Friedberger, Let’s Eat Grandma.

WH: Orbital, Janelle Monāe, J Hus, Hot 8 Brass Band, Natalie Prass, Leon Bridges.

Pry: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s HFB, Ariana Grande, Kylie Minogue, The Wombats, Slaves, Declan McKenna.

Park: Hacienda Classical, Friendly Fires, Marina and The Diamonds, Hobo Johnson, John Grant, Rolling Blackouts Costal Fever.

JP: Lily Allen, The Horrors, Sigrid, The Lemon Twigs, Bodega, Black Honey, Starcrawler.

WH: Jamiroquai, Loyle Carner, Giggs, Baloji, Benjamin Zephaniah and the Revolutionary Minds,  Dubioza Kolectiv. 

Madonna won't play Friday mate, Y&Y won't be 3rd down...they've dropped off a bit. Jess Glynne plays above Wolf Alice, good spot for Frank Carter but I'm unsure he'd get that at Glasto...JP headliner is feasible. Interpol for JP is a great shout as is RUN DMC for WH's.

Dua Lipa 100% plays at least level with TWOD, Chainsmokers no chance that low...they would headline the Other stage probably.

Janelle would headline WH and J Hus would be higher than 3rd WH's, probably not far off 3rd Other. Noel I doubt will play, Ariana Grande is a good shout and I think Kylie is for the legend slot also. The Prodigy following Weezer is awesome and I'd probably miss Macca for it too. I think Lilly Allen is more likely for 3rd down Other...stronger position still due to her connections at the fest and Hacienda Classical are TBC for Friday Pyramid again.

Tbf isn't that just where Neil's put them down? Pretty sure they just said they'll be there again, rather than in the same slot again.

I had them down as WH headliners but took them out. I don't get why they'd instantly be booked again for the next festival. Was gonna say hopefully they're doing something in a late night area or something but I guess they wouldn't fit on any of the stages.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

Tbf isn't that just where Neil's put them down? Pretty sure they just said they'll be there again, rather than in the same slot again.

I had them down as WH headliners but took them out. I don't get why they'd instantly be booked again for the next festival. Was gonna say hopefully they're doing something in a late night area or something but I guess they wouldn't fit on any of the stages.

It's a strange one that, but they've self confirmed haven't they? The entire set up was huge on the Pyramid but maybe they could do a diluted version elsewhere? 

I just couldn't think where! 

Just now, vintagelaureate said:

It's a strange one that, but they've self confirmed haven't they? The entire set up was huge on the Pyramid but maybe they could do a diluted version elsewhere? 

I just couldn't think where! 

Yeah same here. I'm hoping it was just some kind of mix up or like you said they do a diluted version elsewhere. Bit of s waste of a prominent slot to have them back doing presumably the same set imo.

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

?

Plenty there I could work with. Clash nightmares abound, but I'd rather have a programme that's too good than one that's got nothing!

17 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

?

Franz into Shame into Parquet Courts would be an excellent way to start the festival.

18 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Madonna won't play Friday mate, Y&Y won't be 3rd down...they've dropped off a bit. Jess Glynne plays above Wolf Alice, good spot for Frank Carter but I'm unsure he'd get that at Glasto...JP headliner is feasible. Interpol for JP is a great shout as is RUN DMC for WH's.

Dua Lipa 100% plays at least level with TWOD, Chainsmokers no chance that low...they would headline the Other stage probably.

Janelle would headline WH and J Hus would be higher than 3rd WH's, probably not far off 3rd Other. Noel I doubt will play, Ariana Grande is a good shout and I think Kylie is for the legend slot also. The Prodigy following Weezer is awesome and I'd probably miss Macca for it too. I think Lilly Allen is more likely for 3rd down Other...stronger position still due to her connections at the fest and Hacienda Classical are TBC for Friday Pyramid again.

Why wouldn't Madonna play Friday?