randlfan

Lineup 2020

14 minutes ago, jamieaslee said:

Errm, yeah - the larger co-headliner, so they'd close the set, like Kendrick did last year - we're literally describing what co-headlining is here lol

Having said that, I'd personally love to see them headline outright 

Nah, normally they switch.

Do you not think Kendrick Lamar could have headlined outright?

Edited by dentalplan

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Biffy and fall out boy co headlined in 2016 but Biffy closed both sites.

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Biffy and fall out boy co headlined in 2016 but Biffy closed both sites.

I fucking know

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Doesn't seem as though Posty/ ToP will switch, but ik they usually do

Yes definitely, think it's a shame he kept to his usual tour set instead of creating something different for festivals. - Worked brilliantly in Birmingham Arena, his set felt lacking at Leeds and there are so many great tracks he doesn't play

Edited by jamieaslee

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He definitely could have headlined outright and I think he would have if he didn't have such a short set, I swear it was only about an hour maybe even less than that?

51 minutes ago, Hart Attack said:

PJVQ7gi.jpg

why are giggs, tdcc and vampire weekend on r1? giggs and tdcc are solid subs by now i'd of thought and vampire weekend too if it were more their crowd, but definitely r1 headline/third

7 hours ago, Hart Attack said:

PJVQ7gi.jpg

I think the killers are more likely next year instead of bring me the horizon and two door cinema club should be subbing instead of sketpa

Now it appears they are in fact working on a new album, I can see R+L sniffing around The Strokes for one of the headline slots. That APE sellout won't go unnoticed, and I imagine they'd still go down fairly well with the younger crowd now.

26 minutes ago, gabrielomachado said:

what about a The Strokes/BMTH co-headline? both bands plays short sets

BMTH can play their short sub set on another day instead of bothering Strokes fans.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 11:18 PM, Hart Attack said:

PJVQ7gi.jpg

Bombay, TDCC, Giggs and Vampire Weekend all way too low in my opinion

Could see Billie Eilish as sub and headliners look realistic.

Surely there’s no was Catfish are playing above Tame Impala though? (However I may be slightly biased)

PJVQ7gi.jpg

There's a lot wrong with this as other people have pointed out but I wanna just say how slick this poster looks. Very nice layout

3 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Now it appears they are in fact working on a new album, I can see R+L sniffing around The Strokes for one of the headline slots. That APE sellout won't go unnoticed, and I imagine they'd still go down fairly well with the younger crowd now.

I love the Strokes but like I don't think so - would absolutely love it to see them there but I don't think its their crowd at all anymore unfortunately, Strokes are expensive as well compared to other options. We don't even know they will be around next year doing festivals as they are so weird with touring (mind you they only play festivals now) this year was the perfect year for them I think with their first 3 albums setlist - ideal for R&L. If they had to co with Pulp in 2011 surely they can't headline now though i don't know? lets see what happens with this album but I think TRNSMT might be a better option or IOW. Anything but BMTH honestly though.

I think you would have to have an indie/rap sub on Friday maybe switch Skepta and Marshmellow

PJVQ7gi.jpg

Yeah I think Catfish and Stormzy are two likely headliners. Stormzy might do wireless again though.

I hate Catfish but I heard good things about their TRNSMT set.

On 7/25/2019 at 6:38 PM, dentalplan said:

I mean yeah but I just can’t see R&L booking the Strokes nowadays. I don’t think they are that bothered.

Since Billie has been moved to fourth down main stage I cannot see them booking her again as a sub. She’s gonna be billed as a co-headliner I reckon. I know I’ve got fan goggles but her global accession this year has been massive and unprecedented. Her debut sold more in its first week than Ed Sheeran’s latest release!

Edited by Matt42

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah I think Catfish and Stormzy are two likely headliners. Stormzy might do wireless again though.

I hate Catfish but I heard good things about their TRNSMT set.

Only thing I heard was that, at Citadel and TRNSMT alike, the crowd streamed out after Bastille.

It's really unlikely that they're gonna headline Reading and Leeds at this point. I'd place money against it. It doesn't seem like FR are bothered about making new headliners of them seeing as they haven't had them back since 2015, haven't had them headline Latitude and, well, the third album came out this year so palming them off for Citadel to scoop them up this year and having them headline a year later would be very strange.

I can only see them back at Kendal, Tramlines, etc. next year and rotating between those kind of fests until the fans get bored of them - which doesn't seem like it's something that's too far off.

On 7/25/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jack.194 said:

Bombay, TDCC, Giggs and Vampire Weekend all way too low in my opinion

Could see Billie Eilish as sub and headliners look realistic.

Surely there’s no was Catfish are playing above Tame Impala though? (However I may be slightly biased)

I think it would be possibly the weakest 3 headliners they could get but that's my view.

On 7/25/2019 at 10:38 PM, gfa said:

I love the Strokes but like I don't think so - would absolutely love it to see them there but I don't think its their crowd at all anymore unfortunately, Strokes are expensive as well compared to other options. We don't even know they will be around next year doing festivals as they are so weird with touring (mind you they only play festivals now) this year was the perfect year for them I think with their first 3 albums setlist - ideal for R&L. If they had to co with Pulp in 2011 surely they can't headline now though i don't know? lets see what happens with this album but I think TRNSMT might be a better option or IOW. Anything but BMTH honestly though.

29 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Biffy Clyro 

Stormzy 

The Strokes 

The Strokes aren't headlining....at least not outright. APE is a subbing sized fest at best and they played it because they got paid to, they got absolutely blown off stage last time by their co-headline counterpart that it probably screwed their chances.

I'm not sure even Biffy Clyro will get an outright at this stage.

4 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Only thing I heard was that, at Citadel and TRNSMT alike, the crowd streamed out after Bastille.

It's really unlikely that they're gonna headline Reading and Leeds at this point. I'd place money against it. It doesn't seem like FR are bothered about making new headliners of them seeing as they haven't had them back since 2015, haven't had them headline Latitude and, well, the third album came out this year so palming them off for Citadel to scoop them up this year and having them headline a year later would be very strange.

I can only see them back at Kendal, Tramlines, etc. next year and rotating between those kind of fests until the fans get bored of them - which doesn't seem like it's something that's too far off.

Not going to lie in the past 24 months or so catfish have headlined over 100k worth of festivals in London alone. I was thinking about it earlier and I think they have just soaked up all demand for festivals - their own shows will continue to sell well but for a headline slot at a big festival they really need to give touring a bit of a rest or head to europe/america/australia etc. If they skip festivals for a year, release the next album then do Reading and Leeds that would work. Maybe IOW next year I think could be on the cards with their low price point again like this years.