randlfan

Lineup 2020

I feel Billie’s move to the main stage might have dampened her chances of returning in 2020. It would probably be the same set a few hours later in the day.

She’s also touring heavily this year so it’s no guarantee she will be around this year. I think she’s more likely for 2021. 

FR might want to capitalise on the booking now though and just sign her up anyway. What do I know ey?

9 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I feel Billie’s move to the main stage might have dampened her chances of returning in 2020. It would probably be the same set a few hours later in the day.

She’s also touring heavily this year so it’s no guarantee she will be around this year. I think she’s more likely for 2021. 

FR might want to capitalise on the booking now though and just sign her up anyway. What do I know ey?

Same as Post Malone though, right? Not expecting it but it wouldn't be too surprising - at least it guarantees getting her before her shelf life is up.

Edited by dentalplan

I hear Weezer are headlining Friday Saturday at Leeds and Saturday Sunday at reading. My cousin is close to Weezer's tour manager and apparently its nailed on. Sucks because I dislike Weezer intensely. :(

5 minutes ago, Dharma12342316 said:

I hear Weezer are headlining Friday Saturday at Leeds and Saturday Sunday at reading. My cousin is close to Weezer's tour manager and apparently its nailed on. Sucks because I dislike Weezer intensely. :(

Weezer are a country mile away from headlining Reading 😂😂

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dharma12342316 said:

Seems legit but how are Weezer going to headline both sites on Saturday?

Edited by dentalplan

31 minutes ago, Dharma12342316 said:

Can confirm. Tool are subbing and Neutral Milk Hotel will be 3rd down.

Bombay Bicycle Club were great in Cambridge last night, really do hope they’ll be back here in a good slot next year. 

13 hours ago, Dharma12342316 said:

Not a chance because Weezer can't headline  both   sites on Saturday

Not been in this thread so apologies if this has been said loads but surely Liam Gallagher is looking likely for next year?

Personally would love to see either Vampire Weekend or Tame Impala up there. Vampire Weekend maybe even as a sub if the headliners are strong but they could still headline it themselves.

20 hours ago, pepesilvia said:

Bombay Bicycle Club were great in Cambridge last night, really do hope they’ll be back here in a good slot next year. 

Their absences from all the major festivals this year was quite alarming. They’ve always been a favourite of mine in their respective genre.

On 7/28/2019 at 12:57 PM, dentalplan said:

Same as Post Malone though, right? Not expecting it but it wouldn't be too surprising - at least it guarantees getting her before her shelf life is up.

I mean yeah can’t argue with that. I do think booking hip hop acts is a little different though as they tend to churn out new material much faster than other acts. It would be a given that Post would release something new between the two festivals. Billie is not so certain.

Because this album has been quite massive I imagine her to ride the success of this album for quite a while. It depends whether her team want to milk this album or push another out another to solidify her as a serious headline contender. 

20 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Because this album has been quite massive I imagine her to ride the success of this album for quite a while. It depends whether her team want to milk this album or push another out another to solidify her as a serious headline contender. 

Who is to say she even does festivals like Reading and Leeds again and just turns to what most pop artists do currently and just do her own shows/ a few festivals. She was booked when she was completely unheard of so this could definitely be the case - I think it would be a good idea to book her again but like its a similar situation to Dua Lipa, I doubt they will be booking her again as she just isn't very Reading even if shes popular. Not sure though not a fan of billie and my opinions seem to be off. Her style is so unique her second album will struggle to sound different to this first one though as its basically its own genre like asmr whispering shit - well to me anyway i reckon lol

It’s a hard one to call. I’d say Billie and Dua are very different and Billie has more crossover with R&L’s audience.

If post can headline reading I can’t see why Billie can’t. She’s touring pretty heavily this year so it depends what the plans for 2020 are going to be.

Its too early to call really. If she plans to release in 2021 I can see her holding off in 2020. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

CATFISH X BMTH, ARCTIC MONKEYS, DRAKE

BMTH won’t coheadline, Arctics have finished album cycle, and Drake is nowhere near as likely as Stormzy 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, manchestermusicreview said:

BMTH won’t coheadline, Arctics have finished album cycle, and Drake is nowhere near as likely as Stormzy 

i didn’t say it was likely, it’s just the dream for me

3 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

I mean Arctic Monkeys released an album last year and have done nothing for the whole of 2019. They sat out the entire festival circuit and didn’t really tour this year at all.

I’d say that puts them in the frame to release something in 2020. I just don’t know whether Reading can get them anymore without putting a serious shift in. They’ve done well to solidify themselves as a competitive booking.

Edited by Matt42

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I mean Arctic Monkeys released an album last year and have done nothing for the whole of 2019. They sat out the entire festival circuit and didn’t really tour this year at all.

I’d say that puts them in the frame to release something in 2020. I just don’t know whether Reading can get them anymore without putting a serious shift in. They’ve done well to solidify themselves as a competitive booking.

Only really competition with Glastonbury - obviously would go down really well just not sure they would want to pay up to be honest.

controversial opinion: AM’s live show is boring now, the TBH+C tour was so dead and I’m glad they didn’t headline reading on that vibe

6 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

controversial opinion: AM’s live show is boring now, the TBH+C tour was so dead and I’m glad they didn’t headline reading on that vibe

Is this controversial because you're suggesting that their live show hasn't always been boring?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Is this controversial because you're suggesting that their live show hasn't always been boring?

ooooh fair enough, i’ve only seen them once and it was the TBH+C tour in Manchester and I found myself happy that it wasn’t them headlining R&L because it would have been very underwhelming as a headline set. from the videos i’ve seen on youtube AM’s sets look great (in particular Glasto 13 and Reading 14) but idk

19 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

did you mean because BMTH are too big to coheadline or too small

6 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

ooooh fair enough, i’ve only seen them once and it was the TBH+C tour in Manchester and I found myself happy that it wasn’t them headlining R&L because it would have been very underwhelming as a headline set. from the videos i’ve seen on youtube AM’s sets look great (in particular Glasto 13 and Reading 14) but idk

Saw them at the o2 its just because the setlist is awful now, Alex Turners well edgy now but like as long as they play 3-4 more album 1/2 songs instead of the new album it would be fine. The new album is just not at all suited to a festival its so weird hearing like brianstorm and then ultracheese or something they are like two different bands honestly.