randlfan

Lineup 2020

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

10 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Kings of Leon also headlined Lollapalooza 2019

6 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

Pretty much answered your own question there. Can't see her anywhere near RandL

7 hours ago, stanh said:

Can see her doing APE after her Arena tour but defo not R+L

29 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

Know Nothing but Thieves was in 2018 line up, however could they perform in 2020?

Hopefully, saw them at APE and they smashed it. Definitely worthy of a main stage slot or Radio 1 Sub in my opinion  

13 hours ago, stanh said:

literally came on this thread to say i hope Lana Del Rey doesn’t set foot within 10 square miles of Richfield Avenue or Bramham Park

On 8/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, TKOCF said:

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

Personally I'd love them and Glastonbury 2009 remains one of my all time favourite live performances, but R&L have had chances in the past to get them and haven't booked them so maybe the promoters don't really see them as a "Reading and Leeds band" any more. Which would be a shame as they'd have enough songs that would go down well with the crowd. See also: The Stone Roses (who I still can't believe they didn't go for in 2016)

1 hour ago, VCK said:

See also: The Stone Roses (who I still can't believe they didn't go for in 2016)

I’m sure they did

21 hours ago, stanh said:

As someone who has been to Reading over 20 times, I have to say I couldn’t name one of her songs, so I’m guessing her headlining won’t really appeal to the youth or the oldies who go

On 8/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, ob123 said:

Hopefully, saw them at APE and they smashed it. Definitely worthy of a main stage slot or Radio 1 Sub in my opinion  

Just subbed Radio 1, I'm sure they'll headline the stage next time out

32 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Just subbed Radio 1, I'm sure they'll headline the stage next time out

they’re amazing live, can see them going all the way to headline tbh

1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re amazing live, can see them going all the way to headline tbh

Can definitely see this happening tbh, great live act and is definitely possible at some point in the future, probably need a couple of big albums first though.

7 minutes ago, Josh Armstrong said:

The Dream Headliners for me are KANYE // MCR // SLIPKNOT 

But Honestly I know it would never happen for many reasons

swap MCR for AM and that’d be insane

Nothing But Thieves are a fucking class band. Was gutted they weren’t booked again this year but guess they haven’t done too much lately 

Headlining talk is premature but I can definitely see them being a logo band next time they play. Third down main stage would make sense on their next album. 

22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Headlining talk is premature but I can definitely see them being a logo band next time they play. Third down main stage would make sense on their next album. 

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

I’m completely indifferent to them. They’re just so inoffensive that I don’t feel strongly about them either way. I’ve seen them live twice and they’re fine, I guess. They get a tonne of airplay on Radio 1 which is great for them. I can’t see them ever being in a position to headline, though. 

Edited by Andre91

13 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

Id say both albums are patchy at best.  A couple of good songs, a whole load of filler. They need 2-3 properly excellent songs to make the step up

1 minute ago, Benj said:

Id say both albums are patchy at best.  A couple of good songs, a whole load of filler. They need 2-3 properly excellent songs to make the step up

7 good songs makes a headliner? :P