Jump to content
randlfan

Lineup 2020

Recommended Posts

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Just seen on inforoo that Billie Eilish is headlining Lolla South America so she is touring in 2020 it seems.

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, manchestermusicreview said:

Bands usually do this at the end of touring cycles imo - it’s so far to travel that it’s hard to place in with other dates.

You has Arctics, Kendrick and Sam Smith all headlining in 2019 - and then Pearl Jam, RHCP and LCD soundsystem in 2018

Kings of Leon also headlined Lollapalooza 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

Pretty much answered your own question there. Can't see her anywhere near RandL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

Can see her doing APE after her Arena tour but defo not R+L

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Blaxey said:

Know Nothing but Thieves was in 2018 line up, however could they perform in 2020?

Hopefully, saw them at APE and they smashed it. Definitely worthy of a main stage slot or Radio 1 Sub in my opinion  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

literally came on this thread to say i hope Lana Del Rey doesn’t set foot within 10 square miles of Richfield Avenue or Bramham Park

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, TKOCF said:

Any chance of Blur returning to headline? I know that they’re probably more likely for Glasto or IoW, but it would be a huge get for R&L, they certainly have a lot of younger fans who are familiar with Song 2/Parklife/The Universal/ Tender at the very least. 

Personally I'd love them and Glastonbury 2009 remains one of my all time favourite live performances, but R&L have had chances in the past to get them and haven't booked them so maybe the promoters don't really see them as a "Reading and Leeds band" any more. Which would be a shame as they'd have enough songs that would go down well with the crowd. See also: The Stone Roses (who I still can't believe they didn't go for in 2016)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VCK said:

 See also: The Stone Roses (who I still can't believe they didn't go for in 2016)

I’m sure they did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, stanh said:

probably wrong type of audience, but chances of lana del rey?

As someone who has been to Reading over 20 times, I have to say I couldn’t name one of her songs, so I’m guessing her headlining won’t really appeal to the youth or the oldies who go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2019 at 10:23 AM, ob123 said:

Hopefully, saw them at APE and they smashed it. Definitely worthy of a main stage slot or Radio 1 Sub in my opinion  

Just subbed Radio 1, I'm sure they'll headline the stage next time out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, frontsidecab said:

Just subbed Radio 1, I'm sure they'll headline the stage next time out

they’re amazing live, can see them going all the way to headline tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tom Connolly said:

they’re amazing live, can see them going all the way to headline tbh

Can definitely see this happening tbh, great live act and is definitely possible at some point in the future, probably need a couple of big albums first though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Josh Armstrong said:

The Dream Headliners for me are KANYE // MCR // SLIPKNOT 

But Honestly I know it would never happen for many reasons

swap MCR for AM and that’d be insane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nothing But Thieves are a fucking class band. Was gutted they weren’t booked again this year but guess they haven’t done too much lately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Headlining talk is premature but I can definitely see them being a logo band next time they play. Third down main stage would make sense on their next album. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Headlining talk is premature but I can definitely see them being a logo band next time they play. Third down main stage would make sense on their next album. 

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Tom Connolly said:

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

I’m completely indifferent to them. They’re just so inoffensive that I don’t feel strongly about them either way. I’ve seen them live twice and they’re fine, I guess. They get a tonne of airplay on Radio 1 which is great for them. I can’t see them ever being in a position to headline, though. 

Edited by Andre91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tom Connolly said:

of course it’s premature but they have 2 worldy albums, the lead singer is great, they’re great live. i would love it if they did one day

 Id say both albums are patchy at best.  A couple of good songs, a whole load of filler. They need 2-3 properly excellent songs to make the step up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Benj said:

 Id say both albums are patchy at best.  A couple of good songs, a whole load of filler. They need 2-3 properly excellent songs to make the step up

7 good songs makes a headliner? :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...