Lineup 2020

randlfan

I'm going to chose to believe Dan isn't telling the truth for now. No reason at all, I respect Dan and the info he gives but I'd like to believe with that lineup he's having us on lmao. I'll still go regardless like, that just wouldn't be a top end to my tastes, or any of my mates at all.

Ah well, at least we've all been braced a couple weeks in advance if it is true.

20 minutes ago, The_Ledgerwood said:

Dan's name dropped all the headliners at one point or the other, but and I stress, take this with a pinch of salt (you can choose to believe me or not that's up to you) but one of my best friends is getting his end away with someone at FR and the info he has is: 

Stormzy / Dave (Sub)

Liam / Courteeners (Coheadline) 

MCR / BMTH (Sub) 

That's all I'm Saying. 

Did someone say MCR😏😏 and I don’t think they’d have Dave subbing Stormzy I could honestly Dave and BMTH swapped 

But still MCR LADS AND LASSESSSSSSS

4 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Did someone say MCR😏😏 and I don’t think they’d have Dave subbing Stormzy I could honestly Dave and BMTH swapped 

oh fuck barneys off again

Great names around for the undercard this year, I hope they nail it. Really hope theres no Eminem - will be hard to sell the festival to my friends as many saw him in 2017

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

oh fuck barneys off again

Great names around for the undercard this year, I hope they nail it. Really hope theres no Eminem - will be hard to sell the festival to my friends as many saw him in 2017

Ofc Barneys off again the unstoppable purple MCR dinosaur 

But same I showed a few Dans thing and they were all really pissed at how shit they think it is 

1 minute ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Ofc Barneys off again the unstoppable purple MCR dinosaur 

But same I showed a few Dans thing and they were all really pissed at how shit they think it is 

They know who eminem is at least - not some old emo band they've never heard of haha

10 minutes ago, gfa said:

They know who eminem is at least - not some old emo band they've never heard of haha

They know who MCR are as well, mostly coz that’s all I go on about but still. They ain’t awfully amused by Eminem

9 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I’m starting to hear BMTH might be the red herring Dan has fed us.

His first headline trio didn’t feature them and didn’t someone else come in and say they’d turned down a slot which Dan then agreed is what he heard?

Yh exactly I feel it might be mixture of all of it 

Something like 

Biffy/Someone

Lg

Stormzy

11 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

I’m starting to hear BMTH might be the red herring Dan has fed us.

His first headline trio didn’t feature them and didn’t someone else come in and say they’d turned down a slot which Dan then agreed is what he heard?

I've been thinking this. It was me with the BMTH info. I'm getting the feeling he's fed us a particularly good lineup with Stormzy and RATM, now a particularly bad one. I'm doubting both for now and he's just playing with us. Then the night before the announcement he'll reveal all lmao

38 minutes ago, Gerard the Fab said:

Hmm, I don't know. 

Royal Blood under The 1975 last year, Posty and and TOP, and ADTR & Foos are all kind of in the same vein or not overly dissimilar. 

I can imagine 3rd down before Dave being someone way off kilter like Architects or something. That's how they get you. 

Just now, The_Ledgerwood said:

Hmm, I don't know. 

Royal Blood under The 1975 last year, Posty and and TOP, and ADTR & Foos are all kind of in the same vein or not overly dissimilar. 

I can imagine 3rd down before Dave being someone way off kilter like Architects or something. That's how they get you. 

True actually Yh, could see IDLES under Dave 

Vaccines under Courteeners

Slowthai under BMTH

I said it a few days ago, Metallica are touring US in May, then taking a break and then touring the US again in September. What’s to say they don’t come and play a few EU festivals in that gap? Extremely unlikely I know, but Metallica do have a great relationship with RnL. 

Edited by jonnyisRFC
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, defender4 said:

i’m not accusing you of bullshitting but this kinda justification was the exact thing we were doing with rage and stormzy a few pages back lmfao

Only difference is there wasn't really any solid info of RATM playing Europe this year, everything pointed to them just staying in America and Stormzy's tour made it unlikely. We were saying Biffy/BMTH long before Dan even came into the picture, fair enough Eminem is the least likely of them all but there's a solid leaker in the Sziget thread who's proved to be right in the past also saying Eminem so this trio is a lot more likely than the Stormzy / LG / RATM leak that was being thrown around

I am starting to believe Dan is just someone who gets press release the day before though, so i don't think he knows for certain it will be Biffy + BMTH / LG / Eminem, but i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if that is what it ends up being

Edited by OnlyRevolutions

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

Only difference is there wasn't really any solid info of RATM playing Europe this year, everything pointed to them just staying in America and Stormzy's tour made it unlikely. We were saying Biffy/BMTH long before Dan even came into the picture, fair enough Eminem is the least likely of them all but there's a solid leaker in the Sziget thread who's proved to be right in the past also saying Eminem so this trio is a lot more likely than the Stormzy / LG / RATM leak that was being thrown around

I am starting to believe Dan is just someone who gets press release the day before though, so i don't think he knows for certain it will be Biffy + BMTH / LG / Eminem, but i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if that is what it ends up being

yeah fair point

i mean don’t get me wrong i do think the lineup is quite possible, much as it pains me to say, but i still wanna hold out hope for rage considering they do reading every single time they get back together

1 hour ago, Sgraham said:

Well the Strokes are around in August in Scandinavia...plenty of options. 

I think that they could be who R&L have lined up - no other UK show lined up so far, not done this since 2011, not really been linked with anything else.

But equally, I could be wrong. That highlight of Rock en Seine being close too announcing stuff could be an indication as to what might turn up here. Unless ofc the headline figure for them is Liam Gallagher.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think that they could be who R&L have lined up - no other UK show lined up so far, not done this since 2011, not really been linked with anything else.

But equally, I could be wrong. That highlight of Rock en Seine being close too announcing stuff could be an indication as to what might turn up here. Unless ofc the headline figure for them is Liam Gallagher.

I pray it’s the strokes. Saw them in Paris last summer and they were brilliant. I think it’s very likely despite most thinking it’s not

• Upvote 1