Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

18 hours ago, foolee said:

How come Manchester has a new arena anyway, MEN or AO is a good arena. 

The old one didn't look like a Playstation 2, so something needed doing about that.

They're making use of their 24 hour license. Later in the summer they've got a UFC card, but set up on yank time. A nice 6am sunday exodus, fight fans!

Edited by Padjeq

16 hours ago, dotdash79 said:

Different usages patterns, also for the football stadium the latest it will finish will be half 10ish where the arena has a 24 hour licence, and will likely have more drinkers than the stadium. 

Didn't know it had a 24 hour license thats quite cool

I'm sure there will be buses etc. obviously a pain if you live nearby though - but most shows should end by 11

There's no way there will be more drinkers than in the stadium 😂 - percentage wise maybe but actual amount? no chance

6 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

That‘s a fanpage.

I know but i think the empty spots are very strange. A very good fanpage i must say. They had more info in the past. 

Pre-order* any format of 'Luck and Strange' to get early access to future UK live dates.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

All the more reason to try and buy some merch or something at the small club shows. I think there is a need for smaller bands/venues to be honest about how tight the costs can be, and maybe provide a QR code for Paypal "tip jar" or similar should people want to give a little more/if there's no merch they like. 

With smaller gigs at our local venue, circa £10 a ticket, if there's something I want to get to but won't be able to, I'll still buy a ticket to support them if I've the funds to do so. 

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

I saw this earlier. Yeah it's pretty sobering to learn a dour 9-5 office job out-earns this by quite a margin.

Quite remarkable we've done a lot to make the music industry what it is while also trying to close the pipeline.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

absolutely disaster haha

Nightmare for people with hotels - at least its not a thurs/fri vs mon/tues

18 hours ago, Dark Star said:

All the more reason to try and buy some merch or something at the small club shows. I think there is a need for smaller bands/venues to be honest about how tight the costs can be, and maybe provide a QR code for Paypal "tip jar" or similar should people want to give a little more/if there's no merch they like. 

With smaller gigs at our local venue, circa £10 a ticket, if there's something I want to get to but won't be able to, I'll still buy a ticket to support them if I've the funds to do so. 

Also worth noting... the bigger venues take a huge cut on merch. Very bad practice IMO. A couple of weeks ago at John Cooper Clarke gig at City Hall in Sheffield, one of the supports announced - really sorry had to increase the price of the book slightly, as City Hall are taking 25%, which leaves around a quid for me at the regular price. 

I know some in the industry have been trying to end this practice, and most small venues don't take a cut, but could the big guys at least not end it now for support acts, as a minimum.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Before their show in Amsterdam was announced I was seriously thinking about flying in for Manchester. Thank god I didn‘t. I would be raging.

Someone I was chatting with on Reddit was flying over for this and is pretty annoyed.

It's certainly making me consider my option. I had been up for coming up to see The Killers there but this is making me doubt if it'll be ready by then. In theory, it should be ready for those show's June dates, but who f**king knows?

Edited by charlierc

6 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

Also worth noting... the bigger venues take a huge cut on merch. Very bad practice IMO. A couple of weeks ago at John Cooper Clarke gig at City Hall in Sheffield, one of the supports announced - really sorry had to increase the price of the book slightly, as City Hall are taking 25%, which leaves around a quid for me at the regular price. 

I know some in the industry have been trying to end this practice, and most small venues don't take a cut, but could the big guys at least not end it now for support acts, as a minimum.

The Big Moon did a similar protest for their show at the Kentish Town Forum last year where they refused to sell merch in the venue and instead went to a pub over the road to avoid the venue taking a 25% cut. Which is certainly quite enormous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Someone I was chatting with on Reddit was flying over for this and is pretty annoyed.

It's certainly making me consider my option. I had been up for coming up to see The Killers there but this is making me doubt if it'll be ready by then. In theory, it should be ready for those show's June dates, but who f**king knows?

I'm seeing Keane there next weekend and getting increasingly worried. 

However, Olivia Rodrigo is playing two nights there 3rd/4th May. I am hoping it will be sorted for them otherwise it's going to be a massive embarrassment.

Also, can't believe tĥe managing director is blaming Covid & Brexit. Get real.

12 hours ago, beau1 said:

I'm seeing Keane there next weekend and getting increasingly worried. 

However, Olivia Rodrigo is playing two nights there 3rd/4th May. I am hoping it will be sorted for them otherwise it's going to be a massive embarrassment.

Also, can't believe tĥe managing director is blaming Covid & Brexit. Get real.

You can guess that if Rodrigo has to move the Manchester shows that it'll cause a bit of uproar. If it's bad enough that Liam Gallagher's shows in June there have to be pushed back, it really will cause annoyance amongst a Manchester crowd, I image.

I mean, you can blame covid & Brexit for the uncertainty about a lot of things, but I'm less sure about this being one of them. Just seems like promising you'd be ready earlier than you actually were, a bit like Wembley Stadium when that was rebuilt.

Would love to see the para orchestra back again, I saw them in 2019 as the love unlimited orchestra. The new one looks really good, but not much space left on the park stage.

BRETT ANDERSON, CHARLES HAZLEWOOD, AND PARAORCHESTRA FEATURING NADINE SHAH AND GWENNO IN AN EXQUISITE ANTHOLOGY OF MUSIC BY ICONS SUCH AS ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN, SKEETER DAVIS, JAPAN, DAVID BOWIE & JACQUES BREL, DEPECHE MODE, AND SUEDE