Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, beau1 said:

Considering you've quoted me here...

That was my point; not that sexual misconduct is ok but rather we should be judging all artists the same for their unacceptable behavoir.

I agree with your point but you've taken my post completely out of context. The discussion revolved around the notion of how much Arcade Fire's status had been affected and if people/bookers really cared; not whether Win's actions were acceptable.

Everyone, including me thinks Win has been gross but that doesn't mean the band won't be booked, or if their status has been affected because of it.

There seems to be a double standard here that some acts are allowed to get away with and still get booked, whilst others get cancelled. 

Like I said, no-one batted an eyelid when GnR headlined last year; and two of their members were charged with statutory rape.

This is complete bollocks, go and look through the threads

19 minutes ago, Drinky said:

This is true. Apart from the testimony of five people, their text messages, the explicit photos of Win masturbating, and the independent corroboration by Pitchfork of the above by friends and associates of all five, there’s no real concrete evidence. And Win has said that he thought all five were asking for it, so it’s ok.

I remember reading about it when it happened and I don't remember Pitchfork showing any text messages at all. I read this one where it basically goes: "This girl said X but Win Butler said Y and then a girl said Z" 

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

This is complete bollocks, go and look through the threads

That's irrelevant; they were still booked to headline the bloody festival. 😅 

Has the festival had questions about it's reputation due to that booking, as people suggested it would if Arcade Fire were to be booked now?

Edited by beau1

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't be stressed enough that even if Young Frankenstein weren't a Wrong Un the chances of Arcade Fire being asked back to headline the Pyramid are the square root of f**k all. They've not got the cachet.

Yep.

Literally the only place they’d be booked is a secret set. 

Nothing else would fit. 

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Can't be stressed enough that even if Young Frankenstein weren't a Wrong Un the chances of Arcade Fire being asked back to headline the Pyramid are the square root of f**k all. They've not got the cachet.

Them playing Glastonbury or not is kinda besides the point; even if this the Glastonbury chat forum. I don't think anyone has even suggested they would headline.

Back to the point, with bookers in Europe & Ireland obviously having enough confidence in AF to book them for large shows I suspect we'll see them at APE, maybe Crystal Palace Park or Finsbury. 

I don't think they wouldn't be booked again - the Other Stage is probably theirs to headline any time they want to.

But as previously mentioned, the secret set is the sweet spot for them in terms of generating hype and goodwill and them not facing the ignominy of too obvious a slide down the line up.

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

f**king Sleep Token adding second arena dates. 

Spooky Mask and the lads entering the conversation for 2026 Headliners.

Awesome, always good to see a band I like doing well. I’d be well up for seeing them on the farm, they are excellent live. 

3 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I think they're more likely to try their luck at Download or R&L first.

Download will surely be keen to get a new headliner. Is it Maiden or Metallica's turn next year? 🤣

Just now, Dark Star said:

Download will surely be keen to get a new headliner. Is it Maiden or Metallica's turn next year? 🤣

Well they're trying QOTSA and Fall Out Boy this year, which for them is a new idea. But yeah, I can guess Download would be keen to sign 'em up.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Whats the one track you'd recommend by the Sleepsters to convince someone that they're the real deal?

The first 2 songs of the latest album are the ones that got all the streams, that’s Chokehold and The Summoning. I like those but also Dark Signs from their first album and Granite from the latest are good, not metal though. 

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

I think they're more likely to try their luck at Download or R&L first.

They played Reading last year on one of the smaller stages. I’d imagine Download will want them if they keep selling out arenas. 
I can hope for Glasto but if there’s a token heavy band I’d prefer it was Tool!

23 hours ago, charlierc said:

Extra dates in Dublin and London before even going on general, plus an extra night in Belfast.

They must be confident of selling very well indeed.

Since added an extra show in Manchester, Glasgow and a third night in London

It has sold ridiculously well, 14 shows already sold out, the only shows from the original announcement not currently sold out are Newcastle, Lincoln and Birmingham

7 minutes ago, panda97 said:

Since added an extra show in Manchester, Glasgow and a third night in London

It has sold ridiculously well, 14 shows already sold out, the only shows from the original announcement not currently sold out are Newcastle, Lincoln and Birmingham

And they have a number one album to boot as per today's charts.

I mean, that's truly going strong right out the gate.