Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

50 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

yes! this is awesome.  Will be getting tickets for the Norwich show. 30th anniversary is freaking me out though. 🙂

You and me both! Killer record. Tempted to go over to Belfast for them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

Arcade Fire plus Echo and the Bunnymen - Funeral 20 year anniversary- Dublin Malahide Castle 7th July 

Wonder where this leaves them UK wise

O2 maybe

I imagine most UK promoters will keep a keen eye on how those dates go down before they take a risk on them - most of the folk I know who used to love Arcade Fire wouldn’t go see them now after everything that’s come out, simply because how they felt about the music was tied up in how they felt about the band, and that’s been irreparably damaged now.

Edited by Drinky

3 minutes ago, Drinky said:

I imagine most UK promoters will keep a keen eye on how those dates go down before they take a risk on them - most of the folk I know who used to love Arcade Fire wouldn’t go see them now after everything that’s come out, simply because how they felt about the music was tied up in how they felt about the band, and that’s been irreparably damaged now.

Agree in principle; although I think most promoters will still snap them up if they play 1 or 2 UK shows under the banner of Funeral anniversary. The shows are probably already booked, just waiting to be announced.

They're already in Spain 11/12/13 July, so perhaps London 6th July. Haven't checked to see if theres a Crystal Palace/ Gunnersbury/ Ally Pally outside type thing free around then but possible if so I think. 

Edited by DarthSaul

Arcade Fire were/are my favourite band and I had totally blocked out the fact that Funeral would be 20 this year and they might do gigs like that. I would've sold my dog a few years back to see Funeral in full but I really don't know about it now. 
The atmosphere at the WE tour was so strange but that was partly down to the news coming out between tickets being bought and the shows taking place. Now anyone buying tickets either doesn't know, or it doesn't put them off. 
I can't see anything more than a London date for the UK regardless.