Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

but you do get Jack Bugg for that too so....yeah, nope, i'm out 😁

Bought them anyway convincing myself it could be legendary. Then got Breeders tickets straight after for a much more reasonable £45!

Looks like Air are doing a Moon Safari show at the Albert Hall in May.

Was very interested until I saw the prices - £86.40 for the cheapest seats according to Seetickets. They may sell standing at the top for a bit less but even so, not for me Clive.

3 minutes ago, Nestacres said:

I mean Squire would be more than welcome to repeatedly play the solo for Resurrection as an encore to fill it out

Oddly enough, if it was the RAH and it was just Squire playing a ninety-minute set of instrumental versions of his material, I'd consider it at that price.

But for a mostly unheard record of ten tracks, and a handful of cover versions that will likely amount to three renditions of I Am the Walrus, I'm not hugely sold.

14 hours ago, Kaboom Boxer said:

I’ve seen these seat filling sites referenced a lot lately. Are they just ticket resale sites or a separate entity that sell off empty seats on the cheap?

The latter. Central Tickets and ShowFilmFirst are two that often have stuff.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, goonerben said:

How much do we reckon Adele will be asking for tickets for her Munich shows?   £200+ for anything on the floor, I reckon.

The nearest comparison would be the Helene Fischer stadium shows for 2026 - those are €695 for VIP, €185 for good seats, and €87.50 for nosebleeds.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Oddly enough, if it was the RAH and it was just Squire playing a ninety-minute set of instrumental versions of his material, I'd consider it at that price.

But for a mostly unheard record of ten tracks, and a handful of cover versions that will likely amount to three renditions of I Am the Walrus, I'm not hugely sold.

They said they weren't doing Oasis or Roses material.

So get ready for your favourite Seahorses and Beady Eye standards.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

They said they weren't doing Oasis or Roses material.

So get ready for your favourite Seahorses and Beady Eye standards.

Beady Eye, back from the dead.

Cannot decide if Gallagher's solo stuff is much better, to be fair. Even if commercial fortunes are comparatively waning, it's clear Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have got the better tunes, for what that's worth.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Beady Eye, back from the dead.

Cannot decide if Gallagher's solo stuff is much better, to be fair. Even if commercial fortunes are comparatively waning, it's clear Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds have got the better tunes, for what that's worth.

Liam's stuff, whether Beady Eye or solo, is never going to change. He seems to know what people want - uncomplicated, meat and potatoes rock n roll - and he gives it to them. 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Liam's stuff, whether Beady Eye or solo, is never going to change. He seems to know what people want - uncomplicated, meat and potatoes rock n roll - and he gives it to them. 

Aye, but you can still do uncomplicated stuff and have it be good enough, I guess. But it is very much each to their own, I will grant that.

Just now, NorthernSoul52 said:

Aye, but you can still do uncomplicated stuff and have it be good enough, I guess. But it is very much each to their own, I will grant that.

Of course you can, but let's face facts, Liam Gallagher is hardly poet laureate material.

But there's nothing wrong with that, he does what he does and people seem to lap it up. Personally I can't hear much difference between later day Oasis, Beady Eye or Liam solo, and none of it is particularly inspiring.

Even the Squires stuff I've heard just sounds like warmed over demos from the last Roses reunion.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Of course you can, but let's face facts, Liam Gallagher is hardly poet laureate material.

But there's nothing wrong with that, he does what he does and people seem to lap it up. Personally I can't hear much difference between later day Oasis, Beady Eye or Liam solo, and none of it is particularly inspiring.

Even the Squires stuff I've heard just sounds like warmed over demos from the last Roses reunion.

Fair enough. I think there's a couple of interesting ones here and there from the three you say - but broadly, it does bleed into one another. (I've a particular soft spot for Falling Down, from Dig Out Your Soul - but again, that's very much Noel.)

15 minutes ago, mcbain55 said:

Heart doing a run of show starting on the Monday after Glasto. Could they fit Friday afternoon Pyramid in the ZZTop slot? 

Screenshot_20240131_144238_Chrome.jpg

Somebody touched on this elsewhere. (Was it even this thread?)

I remember Squeeze playing low on the Pyramid a few years ago, cannot discount them for the Acoustic tent.

1 hour ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Somebody touched on this elsewhere. (Was it even this thread?)

I remember Squeeze playing low on the Pyramid a few years ago, cannot discount them for the Acoustic tent.

At first only a few festivals in Europe. Now they have announced a full Euro tour. Many dates in the UK. The first big tour in Europe UK in 20 years. And probably the last one....