What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

3 hours ago, Sezz said:

I'm leaving my child and my dog to go to Glastonbury and I know which one I'll miss the most ?

My dogs are always my biggest worry. They are both stressheads as well so I really hope they'll be ok. I've actually started my boy (Ferris) on CBD Oil to see if he can be a little calmer when we're away. 

1 minute ago, grilladelphia said:

was hoping to get away with NOT doing this but you've worried me now..

Just do it, the metal washer where the pole goes into was missing, would of been a total pain trying to repair it. 

Charm x

9 minutes ago, Charm said:

Took back a faulty tent, so glad I checked it, would of been pretty pissed off otherwise, would suggest to anyone with a new tent to put it up before to check it’s ok. 

Charm x

You've given me the fear now.  I bought a new one for last year's BDs, was really good but noticed an issue with the stitching so took it back.  Blacks were really good and just gave me a full replacement, but realised the other day that I'd never unpacked the replacement one to check.  Going to be doing that this week!

13 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

My dogs are always my biggest worry. They are both stressheads as well so I really hope they'll be ok. I've actually started my boy (Ferris) on CBD Oil to see if he can be a little calmer when we're away. 

I am stressing about our cat going into the cattery now a she has picked up cat cystitis.  Fingers crossed it will clear up before we go.  

9 minutes ago, Quark said:

You've given me the fear now.  I bought a new one for last year's BDs, was really good but noticed an issue with the stitching so took it back.  Blacks were really good and just gave me a full replacement, but realised the other day that I'd never unpacked the replacement one to check.  Going to be doing that this week!

Sorry mate but it’s definitely worth a check, got mine from Blacks too, was surprised how easy it was to exchange, they didn’t even look at the fault. 

Charm x

Think I’ve purchased all the booze now, got 1 litre of oranges&grapefruit infused gin, 1 litre of cucumber infused gin, 70cl of Buffalo Trace Bourbon and a 70cl of Havana Club No 7 Rum. Think this should be enough but I usually got for a lot of beer plus spirits .... maybe I’ll get one more bottle ....... maybe 2 .....

51 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Wait until he finds out that he's not involved in this trip!! 

He’s gonna be fuming that’s for sure! Even if dogs were allowed I don’t think I could bring myself to take my white fluffy dog anywhere near all that mud ?

Edited by JoBalls

16 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

He’s gonna be fuming that’s for sure! Even if dogs were allowed I don’t think I could bring myself to take my white fluffy dog anywhere near all that mud ?

Mine are both blonde and long haired and likely to try and eat their body weight in any scraps of food they find lying about so it's definitely for the best that they stay at home. They'd love the mud though. Nothing they like more than getting filthy. They just don't like the subsequent bath as much. 

Practiced the Kylie dance.

Added an extra fleece, base layer and warmer pjs to my pile.  

Found my sleeping bag and liner.

Printed off more train details.

Found my b&b booking for Tuesday before in Taunton.

Thought "this time in two weeks"  just a few times.

10 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Practiced the Kylie dance.

Added an extra fleece, base layer and warmer pjs to my pile.  

Found my sleeping bag and liner.

Printed off more train details.

Found my b&b booking for Tuesday before in Taunton.

Thought "this time in two weeks"  just a few times.

This has been on my mind most of the day, stupidly excited right now.  

Charm x

9 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

This has properly made me laugh but now I have questions. Did you line them up in a classroom stylee? Ask if there were any questions? Set a test? Make sure they took notes?

I stopped short of putting together a few PowerPoint slides....?

It was much more casual than that.  I got my stash out of the loft and answered any questions I could and they ran things by me.  Neither have ever camped before so are complete newbs not just to the festival but to the whole thing.

I like to think after 10 years, some of my experience can be helpful to others and it's acts like that this that put a few goods words in for the ticket gods!

4 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I’ll be in the queue (weather permitting) two weeks from now. 

Don’t know how you do it, think I would die, I’ll be staying in a B&B in Glastonbury town and will be hitting the queue around 6am.

Charm x

Edited by Charm