What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2019?

Jne___

2 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

Got caught in a massive deluge this lunchtime and discovered that my (formerly) trusty raincoat has a leak. Ended up with a soaking wet shoulder and back, which has been nice whilst sitting in the office all afternoon... ?

So yeah, I ordered a new one. Found a nice trespass one knocked down to £28 from £80, winner!!

Ooo where did you find this magic deal? My lightweight one kept me dry on my walk from the station this morning but I don't trust it for a full day of rain...not that I'll need it.

4 minutes ago, AmazingAbby said:

Ooo where did you find this magic deal? My lightweight one kept me dry on my walk from the station this morning but I don't trust it for a full day of rain...not that I'll need it.

It was from Simply Be! I’m 100% sure that now I’ve spent money on a new rain coat that it will be dry the whole weekend ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Eloise said:

Bought a she wee to avoid hovering above long drops and lets me use the female urinals instead of lining up for an hour to pee 

I've decided I'm going to order one of these tomorrow, I ordered one a few years ago but it came really bent and i could never use it

have you used one before? are they worth it? I dont really get it haha!

1 hour ago, Eloise said:

Bought a she wee to avoid hovering above long drops and lets me use the female urinals instead of lining up for an hour to pee 

An hour?  To pee?  Where on earth have you had to do that.  I have never, ever queued more than about 10 minutes!  And that's at the campsite loos.  Anywhere else I don't think I ever queue to speak of!

I forgot to charge my phone (samsung S5) last night so I took the opportunity to put it in festival mode to see how it would last.  40% charge at 9.20.  When I left work it was on 6%!  How an earth can a phone with bluetooth, wifi, location, mobile data all switched off use that much battery?  Basically it was set to only receive calls and texts!    And I have an extended life battery so 40% should have been loads.  Will have to try again tomorrow and if it's the same, order a new battery I think.

1 minute ago, Beerqueen said:

I forgot to charge my phone (samsung S5) last night so I took the opportunity to put it in festival mode to see how it would last.  40% charge at 9.20.  When I left work it was on 6%!  How an earth can a phone with bluetooth, wifi, location, mobile data all switched off use that much battery?  Basically it was set to only receive calls and texts!    And I have an extended life battery so 40% should have been loads.  Will have to try again tomorrow and if it's the same, order a new battery I think.

Had a similar issue with our phones - iPhone 8. Took em into the Apple store and they replaced the whole new phone for £45. Dunno if you can get a similar with Samsung? 

In other, more dull news I've bought some walking socks. 

Just now, Woffy said:

Had a similar issue with our phones - iPhone 8. Took em into the Apple store and they replaced the whole new phone for £45. Dunno if you can get a similar with Samsung? 

In other, more dull news I've bought some walking socks. 

I dunno - it's pretty ancient.  And I bought it outright off ebay and there aren't any Samsung shops, unlike Apple.  But the beauty of Samsung is that you can replace the battery for less than a tenner so it's definitely worth trying that.

Congratulations on your new socks.

2 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

I dunno - it's pretty ancient.  And I bought it outright off ebay and there aren't any Samsung shops, unlike Apple.  But the beauty of Samsung is that you can replace the battery for less than a tenner so it's definitely worth trying that.

Ah ok!

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

Congratulations on your new socks.

Cheers! A triumphantly successful day. 

Bought tiny toothpaste, 20 spf suncream, caffeine x paracetamol tablets, brown dry shampoo, savers brand berocca, 1 litre of vodka, and electrolyte hydration concentrate.

Currently the most important thing i haven't been able to find is a travel mirror that isn't too big or too small... ALSO a sheewee is still on my list but would like to not have to pay £8 on amazon

Edited by svphie

20 minutes ago, svphie said:

Bought tiny toothpaste, 20 spf suncream, caffeine x paracetamol tablets, brown dry shampoo, savers brand berocca, 1 litre of vodka, and electrolyte hydration concentrate.

Currently the most important thing i haven't been able to find is a travel mirror that isn't too big or too small... ALSO a sheewee is still on my list but would like to not have to pay £8 on amazon

Not sure what size mirror you're after but I bought a great plastic one from tiger that doesn't look like a clown mirror. Think it's supposed to hang in a shower because it's got a rope loop on! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Got caught in a massive deluge this lunchtime and discovered that my (formerly) trusty raincoat has a leak. Ended up with a soaking wet shoulder and back, which has been nice whilst sitting in the office all afternoon... ?

So yeah, I ordered a new one. Found a nice trespass one knocked down to £28 from £80, winner!!

I bought an Eisenegger puffer jacket in a 70% off sale. 

4 hours ago, amyg1990 said:

I've decided I'm going to order one of these tomorrow, I ordered one a few years ago but it came really bent and i could never use it

You have to have really good flow control to be able to use a shewee, as if you pee too quickly the funnel fills up quicker than it can empty through the little spout and it ends up overflowing. 

DEFINITELY practice in the shower before the festival!

35 minutes ago, AmazingAbby said:

Not sure what size mirror you're after but I bought a great plastic one from tiger that doesn't look like a clown mirror. Think it's supposed to hang in a shower because it's got a rope loop on! 

thanks - tiger? never heard of this shop before! i'm after something thats at least the size of my face, that would be nice

3 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

You have to have really good flow control to be able to use a shewee, as if you pee too quickly the funnel fills up quicker than it can empty through the little spout and it ends up overflowing. 

DEFINITELY practice in the shower before the festival!

oh shit thanks for this info i never thought of that. maybe kegal exercises will also help w this

4 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

An hour?  To pee?  Where on earth have you had to do that.  I have never, ever queued more than about 10 minutes!  And that's at the campsite loos.  Anywhere else I don't think I ever queue to speak of!

You have been very lucky :') maybe not quite an hour but way longer than ten minutes weather I have just been unlucky or what, not that it would ever put me off just happy to be able to walk right into a urinal this year!

4 hours ago, amyg1990 said:

I think they had a lot of issues with them when they first came out but I have found one on Amazon with great reviews of people saying it was easy to use and no mess, its called the pitch and trek and costs £10.99 i would say practice in the shower with it first and if it makes peeing at this festival easier at all by using a urinal or at least not having to hover over the long drops I would say its worth a go especially for a tenner :) 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PH2P3KZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A2U05BY1B6H2SK&psc=1 

1 minute ago, Eloise said:

You have been very lucky :') 

No just queue savvy. Seriously just don't use the ones by the Pyramid or the railway and you never have to queue long. If you go to areas away from the main areas use the loos along the way whether you need to go at the time or not and don't expect to go when a set's just finished but when you're just bimbling around. If the queue is long keep walking and there will be more further on which are quieter.

Never pass a loo without a queue without using it.

• Upvote 2