NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

2 hours ago, Quark said:

Bloody hell, not great old son!

Naa they had to it was fucking horrendous old son from about midnight till we left at about 4 it was raining sideways and tents going everywhere.. It would not have been safe.. 

Still I'm shattered now and going to jump in the tub.. 

Peace and tea 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Naa they had to it was fucking horrendous old son from about midnight till we left at about 4 it was raining sideways and tents going everywhere.. It would not have been safe.. 

Still I'm shattered now and going to jump in the tub.. 

Peace and tea 

Sorry you had to abandon festival Guy.  I reckon it's Womad's fault, being scheduled for this weekend;  even in the hottest driest summer on record it has to piss down for Womud.

6 minutes ago, dizzymoo said:

Sorry you had to abandon festival Guy.  I reckon it's Womad's fault, being scheduled for this weekend;  even in the hottest driest summer on record it has to piss down for Womud.

Bloody Womud I knew I was never going to go to that place and now I know why lol 

Such a shame tho my grandkids were gutted 

Just getting my head sort of straight after Bluedot at Jodrell Bank last weekend.  Mind seriously blown, and that was before meeting the lovely @carlosj.  There was a real Glastonbury vibe, lovely friendly and unashamedly nerdy people, great bands and more inflatable sofas than I've ever seen in my life.  Some had gone rogue...

20180722_163830.thumb.jpg.1a97b88ec655bd597daecfee5ddbe1c2.jpg

There were some gorgeous light installations to explore after dark:

20180721_225901-1.thumb.jpg.42ab2bd6ac14a1f22213f108e24e3c8c.jpg

And the moon emerged from behind the Lovell Telescope as the Chemical Brothers got into full swing:

20180722_221551.thumb.jpg.0cece4587bbfde384df938435c40129a.jpg

My friend was there for one day so I was on my own for Sunday, and it was quite liberating being able to do exactly what I wanted. I did watch the Chems with a friend who runs the veggie van, so maybe that was cheating.  He mentioned, ever so casually, that he'd been asked to provide food for the band after their set.  Sadly for him, most of his staff were needed to deliver the food to the Chems and he had to stay behind to work in the van!

Feeling really happy as we have just become grandparents to a lovely baby girl 

Feeling really sad as just gone to put vedders food down and take him out and he's not here. Funny old world init 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Feeling really sad as just gone to put vedders food down and take him out and he's not here. Funny old world init 

Congratulations old son, the first bit's great news.

Second bit, not so much :(

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Great news on the granddaughter. Want to give an upvote but don't want you to think I'm up voting about your dog. So have an upvote here for the granddaughter. 

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Congratulations on the new granddaughter Guy, something life-affirming at a time when you're still so sad.  Even though we're aware logically that someone has gone, it seems to take the heart a lot longer to realise.  Sending you  big warm hugs.

Thanks for your support old sons. 

Baby Eliza lovely reckon she's going to be a rock star cos she's got long fingers to play guitar.. I can see new pearl jam girls band on the way.. I've got 3 girls 2 more and it's the magic 5..... Pearl gems.. This time in 20 odd years I'll have a back stage pass for the pyramid stage and you'll all be welcome lol 

• Upvote 3

On 7/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, MilkyJoe said:

Don’t get me wrong, it was a great campsite and if I was arriving late I would head there again. it was my first time solo so I just wanted to get set up and I knew the camp solo lot were in Darble which is pretty much the first one you hit after Gate A. I didn’t arrive until fairly late on the Wednesday and there was still tons of space even throughout the weekend. It just felt like it was so far away from everywhere apart from JP.

I camped in Darble with Camp Solo last year and thought it was great. Admittedly I wasn't doing the SE Corner at night but I really enjoyed the slow amble back to my tent, munching on a tray of chips with cheese and gravy, letting the wonderfulness of the day sink in.

On 7/29/2018 at 7:54 PM, dizzymoo said:

Nice theory except it didn't. It seems Camp Bestival and Kendal Calling got the worst of it, at Womad we escaped relatively unscathed. There was some rain and some wind and it turned from a red hot summer to autumn in a few hours. Most tents were unaffected and it was only the car park exits that got muddy with the amount of traffic. We had to dismantle the gazebos we were using at the back of the Oxfam shop as they were about to launch themselves but otherwise it was relatively uneventful weatherwise.

So really sorry for those at Camp Bestival, from what I've heard it sounded dangerous, but try Womad next year; it's a great festival especially if you have kids.

@Losing my hair Kendal wasn’t as bad as others have been. Real bad wind and the w*t stuff but the m*d was only ankle high. Only bad weather for a day and a half so I’m feeling quite by blessed. Hoping for beaut weather for Bestival. I’ve reproofed the boots and spent an extortionate amount of money on a new coat so that should appease the weather gods ?

10 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I camped in Darble with Camp Solo last year and thought it was great. Admittedly I wasn't doing the SE Corner at night but I really enjoyed the slow amble back to my tent, munching on a tray of chips with cheese and gravy, letting the wonderfulness of the day sink in.

It was a great camp, nice friendly bunch although I hardly mingled with them to be honest as I was doing my own thing for most of the festival. I’d definitely stay there again if I was a latecomer and didn’t have the energy to trail round closer campsites.

8 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

@Losing my hair Kendal wasn’t as bad as others have been. Real bad wind and the w*t stuff but the m*d was only ankle high. Only bad weather for a day and a half so I’m feeling quite by blessed. Hoping for beaut weather for Bestival. I’ve reproofed the boots and spent an extortionate amount of money on a new coat so that should appease the weather gods ?

Hope you had a great time at Kendal CG. Sadly that’s pretty much the first bit of horrid stuff to hit in the last 3 months. Hope it wasn’t too bad. Couldn’t make it myself this year as I’m offshore at the moment.

Morning all

I'd just like to say tickets go on sale the month after next ........ butterflies. I have today added to my fitness routine an F5 fitness circuit - I'll start light with a couple of minutes a day and build up to 45 mins- 1 hour continuous by end of next month, then a week of tapering and I'll be as match fit as possible

Have a great day all

FF

x

9 hours ago, Curlygirl said:

I’m packed for Bestival!! Going to the lovely @lucyginger tomorrow for a night of Gin and catching up. So bloody excited. I’ve created a solo camp and there’s 9 of us. Good times 

You are having quite the best amazing summer CG.... whens the last festival for you as we then need a round up of them all with pro's and cons (if you can rememebr them all by then) - are you keeping notes/diary/blog ?