NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

3 hours ago, dizzymoo said:

Didn't get tickets boo ?. One of our group got through 3 times only for it to crash when confirming payment. @Curlygirl was trying for our group when sold out message appeared. I couldn't even get the holding page to load most of the time.

Glad for all those who did get tickets.

Aww, gutted for you dizzy, that payment crash seemed to be a thing this morning, it happened to me 3 times too, all details in then nothing. Fortunately it didn’t matter in the end. It sounds like it’s going to be a long 6 months for lots on here.?

9 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Aww, gutted for you dizzy, that payment crash seemed to be a thing this morning, it happened to me 3 times too, all details in then nothing. Fortunately it didn’t matter in the end. It sounds like it’s going to be a long 6 months for lots on here.?

nice that you'll be getting on that plane with a ticket (metaphorically) in your back pocket :) 

15 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

After last year I'm glad you're sorted...

I got sorted but it was getting dicey. My group changed last minute too which doesn't help. 

Guy - I'm sure we can pull together and get you sorted in the resale? And that goes for others too! I'm already promised my help to one efester.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

nice that you'll be getting on that plane with a ticket (metaphorically) in your back pocket :) 

It’s fucking awesome mate, first time since 2013 that I’ve had a ticket in October. I’ll still be trying in april though!?

1 hour ago, MilkyJoe said:

Thanks MJ, I'm glad you got a ticket after last year's debacle. To be honest I'm not as bereft as the first time we failed to get tickets (for 2014).  When we were unlucky trying for 2015 I thought we'd never get tickets again, yet thanks to secret resale and help from people here we went 3 more times so I feel privileged to have been 8 times in all.  There are worse things than not getting tickets. And otherwise life is hopeful:  school is supporting youngest to apply for Cambridge (!!),  my complete bitch of a manager is looking for another job,  I lost at badminton today but a guy who coaches came over to tell us my friend's serve is 'illegal' so I've won every game we've ever played... and I got a free coffee. ?

• Like 1

It all feels so bittersweet! Following NFR as the groups got ticked off... trying for Iz after Jackie had theirs, and no joy. Got through to the booking page to have  ‘tickets not available’, made me believe they had been secured. Clearly not. It was a while after that sold out came up. 50% success rate. Guys if you didn’t get through, get yourselves in the groups for resale day. @guypjfreak I know you weren’t in it!! We need to own this in April!! Well done to those that were succesful. Sorry to @pentura, @dizzymoo, @guypjfreak @sheffieldlady And @funkychick2007, we have your back lovelies  

did @noplacelikehome get one? I can’t remember!! Today has been a whirlwind. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I got to the registration details page three times, but no further. Luckily got the golden message from another of our group with seconds to spare. We’re in!!!

Still have a full group of 6 to try for in the resale but I suspect some willl drop out. I’ll check back closer to the time to see if I can help.

really is bittersweet

14 hours ago, noplacelikehome said:

We didnt @Curlygirl ! Have drunk much wine and feeling thoroughly miserable. Period of mourning to come then psych up to april, lottery win and windinglake farm or a couple of twixes, will get there somehow !!

Ahh sorry Sue. I don’t have names written down, just group numbers. Yeah a period of mourning is to be expected... somehow someway we will get you there ?

Thanks old son.. 

Well she's the same but she's been moved to a room by herself which in a way I'm not happy with.. Apparently it's a good thing but there's no noise.. You know no nurses banging about people coming and going that sort of thing.. Plus......  And I know their amazing but when it's one of yours....... Plus the nurses aren't in the room 24/7 their out side and only check for observations and things other wise they rely on the machine to let them know if anything is wrong.. She has not blinked, cried or very important swallowed 

We have just started a fund raising thing on face ache.. We've had baby Ruby today but up again tomorrow. I keep singing Pearl Jam to her.. And she makes this strange gurgling sound.. I'm pretty sure she does like it but maybe not but IT IS A SOUND so I'll keep singing.. 

Thanks for asking old son that goes to everyone.. 

Still think my scheme is good.. Ha ha

https://www.facebook.com/donate/1852835268166944/

Edited by guypjfreak