NFR NFC - to tide you over the fallow year

fatyeti24

12 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

Buying or hiring?

Buying. Waste of money hiring and was also thinking it would be ideal for fucking off with the dogs at the last minute. Getting someone to look after them takes organisation. We're also in an ideal location to explore. ?

11 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

Buying. Waste of money hiring and was also thinking it would be ideal for fucking off with the dogs at the last minute. Getting someone to look after them takes organisation. We're also in an ideal location to explore. ?

Yep, fully understand. There’s a couple of Facebook groups that are worth checking out, I can’t get on my fb at the moment to check the exact names but one is caravan and camping  for sale in Cumbria or very similar and the other is camping and caravanning in Cumbria or something. The first one is more active than the other I think but mostly you get the same posts on both. There’s usually some decent vans on there depending on what you’re thinking of spending.?

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

So this evening we've been mostly researching caravans. ? 

I spend many an hour doing that - have a look on gumtree sometimes there are bargains to be hard. 

In other notes, all the ticket talk is making me quite nervous! 

Hope you’re all well, I’ve not been online much this week. Having some much needed family time whilst I’m off work! 

Take care! 

2 hours ago, H.M.V said:

So this evening we've been mostly researching caravans. ? 

I've been looking at campervans /caravans but decided that for the use I would get out of it I couldn't justify the outlay so I've just bought a slightly bigger tent for £160.00 and resigned myself to sleeping on the ground - bloody stupid decision at my age.

8 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I've been looking at campervans /caravans but decided that for the use I would get out of it I couldn't justify the outlay

depending on your other needs, using a campervan as your only transport can be a way of justifying it, particularly if the van is cheap to run.

I did away with my car when I got a campervan, and while I don't use it daily (cos i work at home) I'd be quite happy to use it daily.

And as it's a T25 it's not too big (about the same width as average car), and with an LPG conversion it's cheaper to drive than the car it replaced (it does the cost-equivalent of 50mpg).

52 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

depending on your other needs, using a campervan as your only transport can be a way of justifying it, particularly if the van is cheap to run.

I did away with my car when I got a campervan, and while I don't use it daily (cos i work at home) I'd be quite happy to use it daily.

And as it's a T25 it's not too big (about the same width as average car), and with an LPG conversion it's cheaper to drive than the car it replaced (it does the cost-equivalent of 50mpg).

30 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

My T4 is my only vehicle. I get 40+ per gallon and do about 90 miles a day to and from work. It is used as a van for hauling logs and crap, slept in for 7 or 8 festivals a year and is the perfect solution. Get rid of your car and get a van. You know it makes sense.

The tent will do for the rest of this year; Green Man and maybe EOTR and then I'll reconsider the van over the winter. It really only works if I can use it to replace the car and do enough festivals. Appreciate the advice.

11 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Gone off the teepee idea?

Gone off the expense of it for a one off experience. Could get a caravan and use it for multiple festivals and also last minute get aways with the pooches for around the same kind of money. Win win we think. Also it's the loo in the middle of the night thing with camping. I can never get back to sleep after all the hassle of walking to compost or long drops so makes more sense energy wise. 

And there's also the not having to carry everything I need for fecking miles in sun or mud. Especially on the killer Monday. 

Final cherry on top would be the Tuesday entrance. This is all ticket god's willing. 

• Upvote 1

Evening all! 

Serious festival prep going on this weekend for boomtown. Of course what that really means is getting a load of stuff out of a big wardrobe, leaving it on the floor all day while you potter about and chat to your mates on the phone, only to pile it all up to be dealt with tomorrow! 

Tomorrow might also involve lots of praising the weather gods.....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

On 8/4/2018 at 10:48 AM, H.M.V said:

Gone off the expense of it for a one off experience. Could get a caravan and use it for multiple festivals and also last minute get aways with the pooches for around the same kind of money. Win win we think. Also it's the loo in the middle of the night thing with camping. I can never get back to sleep after all the hassle of walking to compost or long drops so makes more sense energy wise. 

And there's also the not having to carry everything I need for fecking miles in sun or mud. Especially on the killer Monday. 

Final cherry on top would be the Tuesday entrance. This is all ticket god's willing. 

And don't forget another major benefit...cold beer/cider every day!! :D xx

Edited by Pear_Cider

16 hours ago, lucyginger said:

Evening all! 

Serious festival prep going on this weekend for boomtown. Of course what that really means is getting a load of stuff out of a big wardrobe, leaving it on the floor all day while you potter about and chat to your mates on the phone, only to pile it all up to be dealt with tomorrow! 

Tomorrow might also involve lots of praising the weather gods.....

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

I’ve just driven back overnight from France - it was a tough one - struggling to comprehend the Boomtown drive at the moment! I need to go and get a few bits tomorrow, and then pack. The drinks limit is a bit annoying, and I’m debating what to take (I usually have a bed and a chair!) as I struggling in last years Glastonbury queue with them both.

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 10:48 AM, H.M.V said:

If the ticket gods are kind, Tuesday entrance is great, mini efests meet at the top of the hill of doom on Tuesday evening as the sun sets is always amazing, chilled and fun

On 8/6/2018 at 8:00 AM, H.M.V said:

Good to see so many people being understanding of the situation ?

Especially the one moaning she'd travelled so far, Paloma has played, or is due to play, approximately 8 thousand festivals this year, it's more difficult not to see her.

On 8/5/2018 at 3:14 PM, Pear_Cider said:

And don't forget another major benefit...cold beer/cider every day!! :D xx

Dammit, missed this. Which field do you go for buddy? Imagine we all get tickets and meet up on the glorious Tuesday night? And YES cold drinks for the win especially seeing as white wine is my tipple of choice. :D 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Good to see so many people being understanding of the situation ?

Especially the one moaning she'd travelled so far, Paloma has played, or is due to play, approximately 8 thousand festivals this year, it's more difficult not to see her.

Even her fans are arseholes. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, H.M.V said:

Dammit, missed this. Which field do you go for buddy? Imagine we all get tickets and meet up on the glorious Tuesday night? And YES cold drinks for the win especially seeing as white wine is my tipple of choice. :D 

Always CV East lovely :)  Last year you could opt for CV East Family Camping for the first time which are the fields closest to PGC. Last year we were in East 20 along with a few others from these parts...Whisty, Neil & Kizzie, Sco77ie etc. I love Tuesdays in the CV fields - get in, get set up then BBQ, drink and chill!! :D xx

Not to derail thread or anything but does anyone know how - if you manage to get tickets for coach sale- you reserve seats for under 13s? Trying for a mate. Do the kids need to register etc then what happens on booking page? I'm sure the answer is deep within these sacred texts but  no idea how to find it.

Cheers 

Edited by danmarks
Random made up words cos auto correct has gone sentinent