F*cked people 2017

Matt42

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a brief decent into my first ever k-hole on Sunday night between Moderat and Justice. Wasn't fun. Suddenly I just had to go to ground whilst my brothers girlfriend talked to me and made sure I was okay. 

I had been most excited for Justice all weekend so made sure I made the recovery over the space of about ten minutes. Boy was I worried for a while though. 

Late Sunday walking around left field saw a young guy wildly chanting "OOOH JEREMY CORBYN"and running around. An older couple - 50 or so - walkedby hand in hand, the wife let go of her husband and threw her hands up to join in. The two chanted at each other, hugged then he proceeded to passionately kiss her before husband and wife walked away again hand in hand 

Almost me on Wednesday from near-heatstroke - so apologies to anyone who had to put up with me wandering around in my pants occasionally pouring water over myself.

Otherwise a pretty sane festival. Saw some security having an issue with how to treat some guy who was tripping his nuts off and freaking out, was about to try to step in and help before they made it worse when their super turned up who took one look and sussed the situation immediately telling his crew to step back and go more gently.

17 hours ago, 6t6o6m said:

Me, other stage at about 1/2am.

I was pissed, decided to have a sit down against a flag pole (bad idea). Fell asleep, woke up in confusion and couldn't move. Had to phone friends to come and get me. Damn I was a state. Apologies for anyone that had to witness that.

Think I saw you actually. Sun wasn't out and you were in the recovery position so left you be.

15 hours ago, Homer said:

I don't think I've ever seen anyone freak out before in over 20 years but did this year. Girl rolling around on the floor on the path as I left Avalanches.She was shouting gibberish. Not nice. Saw someone collapsed on the railway track too. At some stupid time in the morning.

I saw this girl too - she was really freaking out. When I arrived two guys were  restraining her - they got her glasto medical attention and police there too during Solange.

14 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Think I saw you actually. Sun wasn't out and you were in the recovery position so left you be.

Haha! Yes! It was me. I think it was luck I found myself on my side. Thank you flag pole.

Just now, 6t6o6m said:

Haha! Yes! It was me. I think it was luck I found myself on my side. Thank you flag pole.

You were in full foetal position with your back to the flag pole so no risk of rolling on to your back. My OT was going to ask if you were ok but I said to her that you were fine and just having a wee sleep.

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

You were in full foetal position with your back to the flag pole so no risk of rolling on to your back. My OT was going to ask if you were ok but I said to her that you were fine and just having a wee sleep.

Thanks for the thought. All my own fault, when drunk, don't attempt to rest on the way back to the tent. Prior to that I was walking just fine, as soon as I sat down, I fell asleep and then there was no helping me then. All I was able to do was wake up, call my friends who came to the rescue. :D

Edit: I remember someone asking me if I was dead. 

Edited by 6t6o6m

6 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Thanks for the thought. All my own fault, when drunk, don't attempt to rest on the way back to the tent. Prior to that I was walking just fine, as soon as I sat down, I fell asleep and then there was no helping me then. All I was able to do was wake up, call my friends who came to the rescue. :D

Edit: I remember someone asking me if I was dead. 

That's how I am when I'm drunk, fine when walking around, soon as I sit down I fall asleep instantly haha. Would have saved you if it was sunny but since it wasn't I didn't want to interrupt your sleep!

48 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Almost me on Wednesday from near-heatstroke - so apologies to anyone who had to put up with me wandering around in my pants occasionally pouring water over myself.

Otherwise a pretty sane festival. Saw some security having an issue with how to treat some guy who was tripping his nuts off and freaking out, was about to try to step in and help before they made it worse when their super turned up who took one look and sussed the situation immediately telling his crew to step back and go more gently.

Where and when was this thing with the security?

Edited by aidenlangan95

Saw some guy passed out outside a tent on the Thursday night. I presumed it was someone just sleeping outside their own tent, but after debating whether to wake him up was glad we did because he was a long way from his actual tent.

And on Friday night I was so fucked and had got separated from my boyfriend, who wouldn't answer his phone, that I got carted off to the medical and then the welfare tent. Particular highlights were trying to convince stewards I was fine swiftly followed by vomiting everywhere, ranting on to the unimpressed and busy nurse that I used to be a HCA, and using a spotless flushing toilet in the welfare tent. They also had a shower and proper beds that I refused to use in a bid to look "normal". Didn't feel that bad the next day though, other than the guilt of wasting people's time.

At one point during the end of Radiohead's set, I was convinced the Pyramid atop the Pyramid Stage was sliding down and about to fall off. Was about to alert the people beside me to this fact, before I realised I standing to the side of it and that's how it would be projected. I then thought about angles for about 5 minutes and how utterly bewitching they are. The right level of fucked.

Also, during Katy Perry's set a friend of mine asked if I was enjoying it, I replied that it was ok. She then pointed out I had been dancing for 30 minutes and apparently I know all the words to "Fireworks".

6 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Where and when was this thing with the security?

Er.... mid afternoon thursday I think heading south into west holts. Not 100% sure though as was not concerning so didn't really get a detailed memory

This shout out goes to the guy behind me for Moderat and Justice he ws the only person within eye shot who was as fucked as me. He bouneded over gave me a hug and a shot of baileys. we waved at each other for the whp two sets.

you sir are a legend,

and Lucy and Rob you made my Friday night at stanton warriors and then bumped in to you at arcadia later for Boys Noise I salute you battered legends

I saw a drunk woman walk around the JP wood loop (just before London Grammar on Sunday) four times trying to make it through to Michael's Mead. Round and round and round she went, with a more confused look on her face every lap. Eventually she asked me for directions (I was waiting for my friends by the arch), so I told her the easiest way was to go to the corner and then you can walk straight across, but she chose to go via the loop again.

Thursday there were a LOT of fucked people around from early doors, though I have no specific funny story for that one.

However, on the Sunday we went to watch The Egg on the Truth stage. Some lad was off his pickle and was marching around the outer edge of the area - front of stage then out round the back - with his steps going to the beat of the music. Who I presume was his girlfriend eventually came over and tried to have a word with him, and he just picked her up and continued to march around in the same said way while carrying her! This went on for at least another three laps of the field.