Football 17/18

TheGayTent

Did anyone else catch those strange post-match comments from Ronaldo too? 

Ronaldo: "It has been very nice playing for Real Madrid, I'll have a press conference in a couple of days but now it's time of celebration."
Confused interviewer: "W-What? Is this a goodbye?"
>Ronaldo: "I'll have a press conference later, right now it's time to celebrate."

Obviously bad from Karius but really felt for him at the end. He was left with the Madrid players to console him. None of his team mates went anywhere near him for at least 5 minutes after the final whistle.

Edited by lost

1 hour ago, JSmurphy said:

Ronaldo: "It has been very nice playing for Real Madrid, I'll have a press conference in a couple of days but now it's time of celebration."
>Ronaldo: "I'll have a press conference later, right now it's time to celebrate."

Was probably annoyed that the attention wasn't on him tbh.

Noticed he barely celebrated when Bale scored his overhead kick.

Possibly. He might have managed to squeeze ahead of Karius onto one or two of the back pages. It's certainly got Twitter talking. Seen mentioned that his embroilment in those tax evasion cases in Spain might underpin a lot of his PR stuff over the summer. I don't know enough to comment on that but it'd be strange if he left Madrid. Woulda thought he'll be chasing as many personal records as he can over the next few years, then off for a nostalgia trip to United or Portugal or a payday in China or MLS. 

Tottenham won't have the clout to lure Bale back to WHL will they? 

2 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

Tottenham won't have the clout to lure Bale back to WHL will they? 

Financially not a chance. Madrid will be the one club that Levy should have an okay relationship with though. But no chance he stumps up the sort of money that will be banded about for Bale, what with the new stadium. 

8 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

I think the press conference will be because he's been hanging out with Harry Kane, and he's going to claim Bale's goal.

3 hours ago, mjsell said:

Financially not a chance. Madrid will be the one club that Levy should have an okay relationship with though. But no chance he stumps up the sort of money that will be banded about for Bale, what with the new stadium. 

Bale would shatter the Spurs wage structure. I think only the Manchester clubs could afford the deal and doubt City want him.

9 hours ago, lost said:

Obviously bad from Karius but really felt for him at the end. He was left with the Madrid players to console him. None of his team mates went anywhere near him for at least 5 minutes after the final whistle.

I had huge fucking problems with this too.

9 hours ago, lost said:

Yeah noticed that. Poor form.

5 minutes ago, pink_triangle said:

Didn't realise it was on YouTube untill half an hour in, 5live commentary has really gone downhill over the years. Also found that Gerrard, Lampard and Rio panel on BT poor.

Gerrard and Lampard both away from BT next year. I actually thought they provided a decent mix. Gerrard would have been gutted obviously but thought he spoke well after it. Pool captain also gave a good interview all things considered.

Ronaldo never kicked a ball.

Just now, Comfy Bean said:

Gerrard and Lampard both away from BT next year. I actually thought they provided a decent mix. Gerrard would have been gutted obviously but thought he spoke well after it. Pool captain also gave a good interview all things considered.

Ronaldo never kicked a ball.

To me they told me nothing I didn't know myself. Karius made mistakes and Bale scored a good goal, that was the level of the analysis. I always wonder if they didnt get big pundits in whether the ratings would suffer, surely the game is the draw?

10 hours ago, lost said:

Turns out you do walk alone...

The many idiots on social media saying he should die was a classy touch too.

10 hours ago, lost said:

YNWA

Klopp has to shoulder some of the blame. He was jumping between Karius and Mignolet two seasons ago. He knew last summer he needed a top keeper and has two transfer windows to sort it out but done nothing.

Despite the two keeping mistakes I think if the game had gone into extra time 1 vs 1 Madrid would of still won it. Liverpool looked dead on their feet at the end.

Edited by lost

2 hours ago, pink_triangle said:

To me they told me nothing I didn't know myself. Karius made mistakes and Bale scored a good goal, that was the level of the analysis. I always wonder if they didnt get big pundits in whether the ratings would suffer, surely the game is the draw?

Yep. Wouldn’t bother me if they just showed the 90 minutes but I enjoyed the build up last night. Watched from 6pm last night and made it more of an “event”. 

All the pundits added something with chat about their own experiences from these type of big games. Built the excitement quite nicely. Think BT do a good job of covering the champs league. Goals show in group stages a particular highlight for me.

All the pundits spoke pre match about how they had suffered from losing concentration in big games when younger, Ferdinands example was v Brazil in World Cup quarters, and warned of the dangers of this for some of Liverpool’s youngsters.....