2019 festival

8 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I saw an interview with a R+L booker where he mentioned specifically that Post Malone was booked before he really blew up.

I think that by the time he was announced, he probably could have been sub/third; by the time of the festival he could have headlined.

You remeber where you found it I’d like to give it a watch ?

2 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Jack white a possible NME headliner? Think he’s about the right size at the moment

Nah, even if his crowd would fit in there he won't be taking slots that low. He was headlining major European festivals last year and his last UK festival slot was subbing Glasto in 2014 - he hasn't gotten any smaller since then. Sub if he plays, but I highly doubt he will.

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Nah, even if his crowd would fit in there he won't be taking slots that low. He was headlining major European festivals last year and his last UK festival slot was subbing Glasto in 2014 - he hasn't gotten any smaller since then. Sub if he plays, but I highly doubt he will.

Could he headline the main stage

2 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Didn’t realise he’d played that high at glasto yeah he’s probably way too big for nme then

@Andre (Cant quote on this device). Their label/old label "High Time" booked all these venues and shows (3 nights at a few venues too). I have a feeling it was against The Hunnas decision, as its come out that the label has been booking these shows they obviously cannot sell out and milking UK tours out of the band for money. It also turns out that Coasts who are on the same label have also run off with all the money for the 'Farewell tour' and the band have had to finance everything for the tour now themselves without the booking money. Not sticking up for The Hunna, but I found it super weird they had 3 UK tours within a year, looks like someone is trying to milk them for every penny they can make on these tours. I knew it was ridiculous that they had an Ally Pally night planned

Edited by Stuielooie

On 10/14/2018 at 1:15 AM, dentalplan said:

I saw an interview with a R+L booker where he mentioned specifically that Post Malone was booked before he really blew up.

I think that by the time he was announced, he probably could have been sub/third; by the time of the festival he could have headlined.

They made a few really good foreshadowed bookings for this year on the hip hop side.

By the time the festival came round you had Post Malone, Lil Pump and BROCKHAMPTON all in slots that were way too low for them. BROCKHAMPTON at 3pm in the NME?!

Even the Travis Scott booking. When he was first announced as co-headline there were a few confused faces but by the time we got to August he was huge off the back of Astroworld.

7 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

@Andre (Cant quote on this device). Their label/old label "High Time" booked all these venues and shows (3 nights at a few venues too). I have a feeling it was against The Hunnas decision, as its come out that the label has been booking these shows they obviously cannot sell out and milking UK tours out of the band for money. It also turns out that Coasts who are on the same label have also run off with all the money for the 'Farewell tour' and the band have had to finance everything for the tour now themselves without the booking money. Not sticking up for The Hunna, but I found it super weird they had 3 UK tours within a year, looks like someone is trying to milk them for every penny they can make on these tours. I knew it was ridiculous that they had an Ally Pally night planned

I was about to post about this, shows @TheWaters what you said about it being half full was true. They were really getting milked by Hightime and the amount of emails you got from them was absurd, like every other day basically. I'm seeing Coasts at the final show next Friday by the way - I ab subscribed to them not Hunna ;)

1 hour ago, DR OK said:

I know that they were playing big venues at reduced caps but saying they were sold out to try and build hype. Eg the Brixton gigs were around 60% of full capacity 

The january ones? I am pretty sure the floor was pretty full, probably not upstairs - remember the crowd would be pretty close together too for a band like The Hunna.

Yeah there's definitely something there with High Time messing about their artists. Completely agree it seems like they were milking The Hunna for whatever they could get. I saw Coasts post on Instagram about them being refused any of the money for the shows and they almost had to cancel. Guess it was the label thinking as they won't be making anymore money off them afterwards why should they let them have this now when they could be greedy and keep it for themselves.

Can we stop predicting Hunna so high up line-ups now lmao.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Yeah there's definitely something there with High Time messing about their artists. Completely agree it seems like they were milking The Hunna for whatever they could get. I saw Coasts post on Instagram about them being refused any of the money for the shows and they almost had to cancel. Guess it was the label thinking as they won't be making anymore money off them afterwards why should they let them have this now when they could be greedy and keep it for themselves.

Can we stop predicting Hunna so high up line-ups now lmao.

I think the third down predictions were definitely too high, but fourth or fifth down would probably still be a good fit. I'm really interested to see how they change in the next few years, I guess we'll see what they can do without a very toxic label trying to control their careers.