• The Bends
    • OK Computer
    • Kid A
    • Amnesiac
    • Hail to the Thief
    • In Rainbows
    • The King of Limbs
    • A Moon Shaped Pool
    • Radiohead are garbage, why do they get a poll dedicated to them Placid you muppet?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

In Rainbows. Nope. That's so Emperor's New Clothes it's untrue. It's not bad, but in the post OK Computer era, Kid A, Amnesiac and HTTT are definitely better and AMSP is its equal, if not better.

Robert!

IR is miles [you know them things, right?! ;-) ] better than HTTT.

A Moon Shaped Pool is very average in my opinion, but King of Limbs is great (with a few low points). I went for In Rainbows, with Kid A a close second.

I think Radiohead are a band with a lot of variation, and as such very high and very low points. As much as I love a lot of their stuff, some of it does nothing for me. Most of OK Computer I don't really like, but Let Down is one of my favourites.

The people who seem convinced people are just pretending to like certain Radiohead albums more than the ones they like best - it's just because of this variation, nobody's faking to look cool.

Another fan of HTTT here! My favourite Radiohead song is on it (Where I end and you begin...which I notice popped back into their setlist a couple of times last month...fingers crossed it gets aired on the pyramid again!...though it doesn't seem to get a lot of love around these parts). Since Pablo Honey, I've pretty much bought the new Radiohead album the day it was released every time. There's not a whole lot between OKC, Amnesiac and HTTT for me, it's my favourite era of the band (probably due to my age at the time)...Kid A was a bit lost on me initially, but Amnesiac reframed it a bit in my head and I appreciate it as the work that led to what followed (which I love), plus there are of course some classics on there. Don't mind In Rainbows, KoL and Moon Shaped Pool, but they are a bit too moody for me overall (some highlights though and some great live tracks). Late '90's/early '00s work is my favourite basically!

53 minutes ago, Jennings74 said:

Play In Rainbows together with OK Computer!!

start with 'Airbag', then '15 Step', then 'Paranoid Android', then 'Bodysnatchers' and keep going till both albums are synced.  Its mindblowing!!!

rhead2.jpg

Good old Binary Theory.

On 5/14/2017 at 9:20 AM, Acid_Haze said:

1 vote for King of Limbs, 13 votes for Pablo Honey and none for A Moon Shaped Pool? What is this?

Also why 13 votes for Pablo Honey but 12 for The Bends? Surely if you prefer Radiohead's early stuff over their late stuff, the bends is better than Pablo Honey?? Right??

463.jpg

Edited by popcornmaster
Change attached file

2 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

I imagine the people who voted Pablo Honey also draw dicks on their ballot papers when they go to vote.

Hey man, maybe none of these records reflect their views enough, but they want to exercise their beautiful right to a democratic vote. 

2 hours ago, The Placid Casual said:

I imagine the people who voted Pablo Honey also draw dicks on their ballot papers when they go to vote.

Dunno, if we're in the car and I suggest Radiohead, my wife will always go to Pablo Honey...it's her favourite Radiohead album. To be honest she lost interest at Kid A and she's only indulging me by listening to Radiohead at all. It'd be interesting to know whether those who hate Pablo Honey were fans of it when it came out (and have moved on), or are a bit younger and have listened to Radiohead backwards (in which case, Pablo Honey probably makes less sense than it did back then!). I still have a soft spot for it as it was what got me into the band in the first place (actually, I was just a Talking Heads fan, bought the album based on the name of the band, hadn't heard a note before then)...it does sound dated (as does The Bends), but it's been around in my collection a long time and I still listen to it...