"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Gorillaz.

Unless it's just The xx, but I wouldn't say they're at the same level as Radiohead and Pulp.

Can't imagine The xx doing a secret set when they're already on the bill would be classed as a 'big secret' by Emily. Bit of a shit secret ain't it? Definitely another act.

5 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Unfortunately we're also responsible for nickleback and Justin beiber . 

The amount of good music in Canada is amazing but it seems relatively unknown on the world stage. Luckily we can claim Leonard Cohen.

And you can claim Owen Pallett, Purity Ring, Colin Stetson, Sarah Neufeld, Grimes, Siskiyou, Kaytranada, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Caribou, Holy Fuck, Fucked Up, Broken Social Scene, Badbadnotgood, Alvvays, Black Mountain, Viet Cong, Crystal Castles, the goddamn Arcade Fire, and queen of everything Carly Rae Jepsen. I would say that Canada has more than it's fair share of great music; greedy buggers.

The Park makes sense, as isn't it the 10th anniversary? Also the fence above has been pushed further back, although I'm not sure how useable and relevant that extra space is. I agree I can't see it being the XX, an act already announced and on the poster isn't a 'big secret' that's been kept for 6 months. Also don't think a slightly expanded Temple is either.

3 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Ive been sworn to secrecy mate otherwise i would happily share! All i will say, they are an act that are currently active and touring in 2017. 

Steps....

6 minutes ago, Wakey321 said:

Ive been sworn to secrecy mate otherwise i would happily share! All i will say, they are an act that are currently active and touring in 2017. 

Haha no worries man, I expected you to say that. In which case my guess would be Arcade Fire or Gorillaz

Also with regard to The xx, I can't see them being the big secret but can definitely see them doing a secret set on The Park, especially seeing as Emily posted on Instagram saying they are planning some "exciting suprises" to mark the 10th anniversary of the stage

Edited by rhg_99

16 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't imagine The xx doing a secret set when they're already on the bill would be classed as a 'big secret' by Emily. Bit of a shit secret ain't it? Definitely another act.

Don't think we're on about the big secret, are we? Just a secret set at the Park that this poster has mentioned.

Has to he Gorillaz or Arcade Fire from the info given, surely. I don't see why someone working in a bar in the area would know, though.

4 hours ago, musky said:

You're not fooling anyone.

First we get the excited "It's happening" post and now you're saying that none of us should turn up to the JP.

It's Pearl Jam isn't it? ;)

Just gave you a up thing cos you mentioned pearl jam lol.. 

6 hours ago, Vanderlyle said:

Guy - what day are we talking about for 5pm JP?

A secret old son 

Edited by guypjfreak
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Don't think we're on about the big secret, are we? Just a secret set at the Park that this poster has mentioned.

Has to he Gorillaz or Arcade Fire from the info given, surely. I don't see why someone working in a bar in the area would know, though.

Yeah i dont think this is the big secret to be honest! 

2 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

Ah shit if its Arcade Fire..

Had I known I would not have bought tix for their show in Edinburgh next week as I'm pretty broke right now..:(

Yeah but think about it you will be getting a 2hr gig surrounded by fans rather than short set surrounded by folk who want to be seen there catching the secret set and sharing it on social media