"Really big secret"

Supernintendo Chalmers

1 minute ago, incident said:

Regarding the licence and Thursday operation - let me clear this up hopefully for the last time.

A large chunk of the 2015 licence is online here. Within that document, there's (at least) 2 distinct reasons why the Pyramid cannot operate in any useful way on the Wednesday or Thursday:

- The licence designates specific opening hours for 16 "Main Stages". Those stages are only permitted to operate for specific hours on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Annoyingly the document doesn't specify which stages are which (as the accompanying map isn't included), but it should be fairly safe to assume that the Pyramid, Other, and West Holts are the first 3 and so have permitted hours of 10:00-24:000 on Friday and Saturday, with the curfew an hour earlier on Sunday.

- Seperate to that, the Festival as a whole is subject to overall noise limits as stated already in this thread. This means that on the Thursday, sound systems are very limited.

There's a minor exception for testing purposes on the Thursday, but this is only allowed between 4pm and 8pm. And the Festival has previously been in trouble for putting a live band on the Jazz World on the Thursday as a "test" so that's very unlikely to happen again.

Even if they had a license, imagine the uproar from people that, for one reason or another, don't get to the festival until the official first day (Friday), and miss Led Zeppelin on the Pyramid Thursday night.  They'd be riots.

4 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

No matter how this turns out, this is the most interesting year of speculation/things happening in all of the two years I have been following these forums. 

notwithsatnding the epic headliners debate of 2015.  i'm still recovering from that.

(The Who! FFS!)

40 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

I'm going with a big name band that had their own huge stadium gigs to sell before Glasto could announce them, are in the vicinity, and coupled with a Thursday headline slot. This leaves GnR, Stone Roses, Depeche Mode. Any others about? 

People have mentioned the licence required for Thursday but unless you've seen the actual licence then it's still a possible, given there's no fest next year so why not have an extra night. 

We have seen the licence. I even quoted from it earlier.

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

too many badgers.

Dead ones, with Michael's blessing.

I literally googled "queen badgers glastonbury" to see if you meant what I thought you did haha. You did!

Ah well, fair enough. Shame, would love to have seen them there.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

1 minute ago, TechGuy83 said:

its the stone roses you idiots, have inside info from my man bob harrison. 

LF RGB x x

Put some money on it, put your photoshopped betting slip on here.

In all seriousness, Emily said they've had the secret for about 6 months - Stone Roses announced their UK tour back in September, If the rumour is true they might originally have done it but decided not to because of money - I can't imagine in that interim period between September and December they suddenly decided to do it after all and not headline.

It ain't the Stone Roses and Bob Harrison is talking shit.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

now that's one I could see happening.

I would be very happy with that, but Michael stipe did not sound good when he did those small scale solo gigs a year or two ago. 

I know I ask this every few years, but will you ever reveal the infamous 4th headliner rumour from 2005? Surely the statute of limitations must have expired by now- I need the closure! :lol:

1 minute ago, FrancisH said:

Put some money on it, put your photoshopped betting slip on here.

In all seriousness, Emily said they've had the secret for about 6 months - Stone Roses announced their UK tour back in September, If the rumour is true they might originally have done it but decided not to because of money - I can't imagine in that interim period between September and December they suddenly decided to do it after all and not headline.

It ain't the Stone Roses and Bob Harrison is talking shit.

no need to be rude r kid just giving you some inside info. 

sound like a gaydiohead fan you do. tosser

• Downvote 27

12 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I know I ask this every few years, but will you ever reveal the infamous 4th headliner rumour from 2005? Surely the statute of limitations must have expired by now- I need the closure! :lol:

I revealed it a year or three ago. it was Coldplay.

They felt unable to do it in the end because they had stadium shows and they'd not sold out (tho with hindsight it would have probably helped those sales).

Just now, eFestivals said:

I revealed it a year or three ago. it was Coldplay.

They felt unable to do it in the end because they had stadium shows and they'd not sold out (tho with hindsight it would have probably helped those sales).

Ah, I can't believe I missed it after all these years! Thanks