The state of the ground.

Sawdusty surfer

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nuh uh.  Don't go anywhere near that farm without some sturdy boots handy.

I'll be taking my hiking trainers instead. Obviously the decision will be made closer to the time according to reports on here but I may take the risk.

7 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Don't tempt fate. If it all turns to shit we'll all blame you!

Much better to take them and not use them than regret them still being at home. 

I will accept the blame and will apologies profusely.

Please accept my apologies in advance.

All looking pretty nice! :D

I just remembered that my wellies took a bit of a battering in the autumn when we went into the Megatron in Sheffield....should probably check they're ok! I'm also currently desperately trying to break in some black skate shoes as   I realised that I had no appropriate footwear for a dry Glastonbury.

1 minute ago, Jsmooth said:

Any news from anyone on site, I'm sure this time last year we were getting daily updates!

We were from the point that @Sawdusty Surfer got to site I think.  I have a feeling he's not quite made it there yet?  Either that or there's loads of crazy brilliant stuff happening and he's taken a vow of complete silence.

On 6/11/2017 at 10:02 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Nuh uh.  Don't go anywhere near that farm without some sturdy boots handy.

This, innit?  I'm seriously considering not bothering taking my cons and just sticking to walking boots whatever.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This, innit?  I'm seriously considering not bothering taking my cons and just sticking to walking boots whatever.

I have a choice between wellies, walking boots, and walking shoes to go with my trainers and flip flops. I know who is currently winning that three way battle. but it'll be a last minute decision based on every possible weather forecast up to the night I leave.

Edited by mjsell

Just now, Spindles said:

When you're sitting on the grass and you want to slip your footwear off to let the sun at your feet for a bit, complete pain in the ass when you're in boots.  Then having to go to the bother of getting multiple layers of socks back on, and redoing all the laces.  Fine when the weather's appropriate, but 2010 boots would have been a pain (ha! that one time :P).

9 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Converse are shocking for walking about the farm in, I wore them in 2015 when it was dry and my feet were fucked so changed to a pair of steeky Adidas and it was heavenly. Will bring trusted Adidas this year too.

*removes converse from packing pile*

i'll be wearing my walking boots regardless of the weather, i would only contemplate my flip flops or trainers for weds/thurs as less likely to be in a crowd and feet stood on

the only thing I would reconsider is my lighter weight socks over waterproof ones

Edited by shoptildrop