Really cheap cider at Asda

fightoffyour

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're not honouring my online order. just got a text saying:

'unfortunately, due to a system error which has led to items being incorrectly priced on the website, we are unable to fulfil your order.'

so well done to anyone who managed to grab the stuff in store!

buggerit

Edited by liamium

5 minutes ago, liamium said:

they're not honouring my online order. just got a text saying:

'unfortunately, due to a system error which has led to items being incorrectly priced on the website, we are unable to fulfil your order.'

buggerit

Same here :(

10 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Which utterly shite suburb of Birmingham are you in? I'm sure that there's a very big school of people who would say that the whole of Birmingham is shite - you'll probably find some real Brummies among that lot too. However, I like the Kings Heath and Moseley areas of Birmingham. Every other suburban area of Birmingham I can think of fails quite spectacularly, for a variety of reasons. There really are some fucking hellish places to live - not just broken down places, but also 'clinical' places, segregated places, even posh places etc etc. 

The semi-praise for Birmingham apart, I may actually be ignoring the place soon and moving away from it. Last time I tried that was spending an academic year and part of the first term of a second year, going to Essex University. That wasn't a success. I notice that you are from the Black Country? Do you know much about Stourbridge? It's just that my wife wants us to move there. I'm game enough to go there, but just wondered if there was a suburb or two that a person in the know would recommend? No worries if you don't know about the place, as I'll be looking in to it in detail prior to moving anyway. I'll be buying a house there so I don't want to fuck up.

Speaking as a Brummie myself I'd say the biggest shithole is actually the City Centre. They've spent years rebuilding it and it looks terrible.

4 minutes ago, R95wilson said:

I thought they had to honour any advertised price even if an error, they do in stores so why not online? False advertisement an' all that

They don't even need to honour the price in store, its a very common misconception. The only reason they would do is for customer satisfaction reasons, not legal.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

They only have to order it once you've paid and received the goods. Any mistakes noticed before goods received, they don't have to honour, either online or instore. 

When I did law in college we were told if somethin was advertised then can't say no to you. Say an ipod was listed as £100 you take it to till they say Oh sorry that's listed wrong. We were told they have to honour it then go change sign before anyone else sees it.

Speaking as a qualified purchasing professional, if there's no contract in place between buyer and seller and no money has changed hands then they are not obliged to honour the pricing. If something in a shop is marked at a certain price then the owner cans till refuse to sell at that price.

In my case it wasn't anything to do with that, just that they had sold out.

2 hours ago, R95wilson said:

I thought they had to honour any advertised price even if an error, they do in stores so why not online? False advertisement an' all that

Nope, they don't, my wife works in the legal department of a retailer and every now and again someone in IT messes the prices up on the website and the locusts descend, they are under no obligation to honour the prices advertised if it's a mistake.

Edited by Smeble

When I was studying Law in 2004 we were always told that there are no consumer protections for mispriced goods, something that I was also told when I was working in a shop the summer beforehand, quite often a store will honour a price (as long as it isn't massively low) but we were always advised that all mis-labelled items just needed to be removed from the shop floor for 24 hours before being repriced and put back out, not sure if the 24 hours was just company policy though.

14 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Speaking as a Brummie myself I'd say the biggest shithole is actually the City Centre. They've spent years rebuilding it and it looks terrible.

I haven't been in to the city centre in years. Fortunately I have no need to go there, so don't. I did skirt the city centre once and saw the new library, in the flesh, so to speak. What a monumental piece of shite that is in terms of external architecture. No idea if the inside is fit for purpose though, but suspect that if an architect had anything to do with it, then it isn't. I've had to deal with the catastrophic mess architects have left when a building is completed and passed over to the client. I've pointed out design and system flaws to them while still under the retention period, and they have indicated that they don't know of a solution, but have asked me if I do, seeing as I was able to point out their 'mistakes'. My response has always been a polite fuck off, you deal with it, as you are on 10% of the contract price to have done it right in the first place. 

9 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't been in to the city centre in years. Fortunately I have no need to go there, so don't. I did skirt the city centre once and saw the new library, in the flesh, so to speak. What a monumental piece of shite that is in terms of external architecture. No idea if the inside is fit for purpose though, but suspect that if an architect had anything to do with it, then it isn't. I've had to deal with the catastrophic mess architects have left when a building is completed and passed over to the client. I've pointed out design and system flaws to them while still under the retention period, and they have indicated that they don't know of a solution, but have asked me if I do, seeing as I was able to point out their 'mistakes'. My response has always been a polite fuck off, you deal with it, as you are on 10% of the contract price to have done it right in the first place. 

I work in the city centre, there is so much building work going on, which luckily is the trade I am in. It's defo improved and they are working on making it better. I also do a night class in the new library. The outside is horrible, but I can report the inside is nice.

as for this booze deal, gutted I missed out. Was in Asda last night, never saw anything like the offers originally posted. Good work to the people who got some.

Bastards aren't bringing any of it, not even the Guinness which was normal price! Cancelling what little of the order remained, serves them right for pissing about. Don't see why the stock from my order isn't held back as soon as it's made.

Shame I couldn't have got to a store, but still happy some of you benefited from this thread!