Napalm Death - Truth Stage?!?

Deadendfriends8

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

I'm buzzing for this. I know it's a different band these days but I'll be digging out me old copy of 'From Enslavement to Obliteration' for a spin anyway. 

remember this mini doc back in the day? looks dated now but shows the band in their younger years....

and respect should always be due to wormrot........you know how conservative and religion mad Singapore is? imagine being a metal band there facing constant persecution and threats because of how said country is....and still taking your music to the next level and going `worldwide` 

Edited by waterfalls212434

I'm loving the enthusiasm for all of this. Even if it is for the novelty factor the crowd will be huge for Napalm Death, I hope the bookers take note and continue to book heavier bands that a lot of the Glastonbury crowd (including myself) beleive are underrepresented even if it continues to be on a dedicated smaller stage.

Edited by Tommy101

34 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

I hope the bookers take note and continue to book heavier bands that a lot of the Glastonbury crowd (including myself) beleive are underrepresented even if it continues to be on a dedicated smaller stage.

I said in another thread that Gojira would be a great booking, their new album is relatively accessible and their eco message is very much what in line with what the festival desires to espouse.

29 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Seen loads of the screamer bands over the years and all ruined by the shitty singer. 

Your aware what a grindcore band is yes?Why would you watch a grind band and expect Justin beiber style singing? I mean why would you go and watch 'loads of bands' your not going to enjoy? Listen pal if you have a chip on your shoulder about extreme metal take it somewhere else because I've heard it all before many times over. Don't like it don't watch it. What's not to understand about that simple concept?

Edited by waterfalls212434

17 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Your aware what a grindcore band is yes?Why would you watch a grind band and expect Justin beiber style singing? I mean why would you go and watch 'loads of bands' your not going to enjoy? Listen pal if you have a chip on your shoulder about extreme metal take it somewhere else because I've heard it all before many times over. Don't like it don't watch it. What's not to understand about that simple concept?

Extreme Metal, with Trevor Eve.

Friday at 9.

On BBC4.

14 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

remember this mini doc back in the day? looks dated now but shows the band in their younger years....

Yep I did, met Lee Dorian when he was fronting Cathedral, and Bill with Carcass. 

Justin Broadrick of Godflesh also a founder member of Napalm. I'd give a bollock to see Godflesh play. 

13 minutes ago, priest17 said:

The Guardian commenters have a real bone to pick with Glastonbury don't they?

https://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog/2017/may/03/glastonbury-metal-stage-napalm-death-earache?CMP=twt_gu

This is my favourite exchange...

Capture.JPG

Edited by Alvarhanso
pic didnt upload

Flipping heck, nevermind Glasto getting a Metal stage but they've gone straight into the deep end and done a grindcore one :lol: . Think they've got more Grindcore then Download this year and the line up for that stage is great. Wormrot put out a great album last year and I would totally recommend on going to see them. 

5 hours ago, HoTWire said:

I said in another thread that Gojira would be a great booking, their new album is relatively accessible and their eco message is very much what in line with what the festival desires to espouse.

I think that Glasto should book more than what's accessible and book metals acts with high critical acclaim from outside of the metal industry. I think bands like Converge and Deafheaven would be great bookings for example

1 minute ago, justanothername said:

Flipping heck, nevermind Glasto getting a Metal stage but they've gone straight into the deep end and done a grindcore one :lol: . Think they've got more Grindcore then Download this year and the line up for that stage is great. Wormrot put out a great album last year and I would totally recommend on going to see them. 

I think that Glasto should book more than what's accessible and book metals acts with high critical acclaim from outside of the metal industry. I think bands like Converge and Deafheaven would be great bookings for example

I always thought Deafheaven would be good on the JP. Despite the extremity of the music they actually have quite a broad audience. Last album was a belter.