chatty

The Paak, ATCQ // XX, Radiohead clash (if true) is an absolute disaster for me. I thought there wouldnt be anything that could pull me away from RH (especially after it looks likely Justice are Sunday) - and individually I think they would still just about scrape it over Tribe. But add into the mix the Paak factor and I'm a mess. This will be a last minute decision if it happens to pan out that way.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/22/2017 at 5:20 PM, chatty said:

What clashes are you most worried about?

Friday night looks like a bit of a disaster. Could see Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest and Mark Lanegan all perceivably hit the stage around the same time or without much time to switch, going by some of the predicted stage/times. 

Whats your nightnare scenario? 

This.

• 2 weeks later...

I was pretty sure I'd finish the fest by watching Justice on WH but been listening to a lot of Metronomy this week & after previously discounting them purely on the 'seen them before' front, I'm now thinking that them headlining JP and finishing the fest for 2 years could be pretty special... 

Edited by mario man

Am I the only one who doesn't worry about clashes ? there is so much do to and if there are 2 acts on at the same time I want to see then I see one and hope to see the other in the future sometime ... its not like I'm giving up Glastonbury and this will be the last one I ever attend ...

I suppose it makes a difference that my musical knowledge is not quite as great as some on here , so I'm maybe not quite so passionate as some about seeing certain acts .. This year for me is definitely a bimbling and learning festival . REM were my only ever must see .. others I will just go with the flow and decide based on my mood at the time 

Such as flaming lips, Radiohead and first aid kit. They were on my 'list' of acts I would love to see the most before the poster came out. Dream came true when they were on the poster, and now the realisation that they are all on Friday and may clash is a tad worrying. Have consigned myself with a flaming lips > Radiohead clash (will watch flaming lips again at Bristol), but throwing in first aid kit would seem very mean.

But you can still read the tea leaves and intuit what will be happening with a certain degree of accuracy.  Katy Perry doesn't have a day or stage announced yet, but everything else that has been confirmed probably places her squarely in the middle of the incredible West Holts Saturday line up.

1 hour ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It only really hurts if I have only 2 "must-sees" and they are both on at the same time. 

what gets me is when people know one act is on and say I don't want x on at the same time when they haven't even been announced. The popular ones at the minute are not wanting ATCQ at same time as Radiohead. Or even weirder, not wanting anything good on at the same time as Hacienda classical. 

If you already know you're watching radiohead then it doesn't matter what's on at WH. And it gives you a nice alternative if your mood changes.

Now if ATCQ had been on the poster and you'd set your heart on seeing both, those clashes I can understand. 

Exactly, if something is announced that means you're going to see them instead of what you originally intended, that is obviously better than what you had before. Even more ridiculous, "I hope there are no headliners I like one night so I can go to Shangri-La early". If you want to go to Shangri-La more than see a headliner you like then just do it, but obviously seeing bands you like is the better option.

Edited by Bradders

Don't get me wrong, it's definitely not a worry for me!! I'm at glastonbury and I'll have a great time wherever that may be.

just a decision that I will take probably on the day, depending on how I'm feeling, which I may even forget about completely if something else diverts my attention! 

Part of the amazing thing about glasto is that you have this extraordinary range of acts to see that you can choose between - we're truly blessed, people... :)

On 2017-4-22 at 5:20 PM, chatty said:

What clashes are you most worried about?

Friday night looks like a bit of a disaster. Could see Radiohead, The Flaming Lips, A Tribe Called Quest and Mark Lanegan all perceivably hit the stage around the same time or without much time to switch, going by some of the predicted stage/times. 

Whats your nightnare scenario? 

Could you not theoretically bring a tablet with you and watch one of the other performances through the BBC whilst standing at your chosen headliner. :)