Beers

weeksy97

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Been doing them for a couple of years now. Grimbergen Blonde (6.7%) and a couple of others. Dangerously located for those coming in from CV East...

Was there not new ones added this year? Seems that was the message. Either way I'm there. 

Acoustic bar was ok this year. Wonder will they have a whisky bar there again. Not Jack Daniels obviously as thats complete piss.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Do they? Or is it what they call pear cider, which strictly speaking are different things.

Opinions vary, but Brothers themselves invented the term in Glastonbury because nobody knew what Perry was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perry#.22Pear_cider.22

According to the BBC, the term was first used when Brothers Cider, a product industrially made from pear concentrate, rather than the traditional method using perry pears, was sold at Glastonbury Festival in 1995: nobody understood what perry was and were told that it was "like cider, but made from pears".

8 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Craft ales are so ridiculously overpriced cos they're the in thing.

Brewdog especially. £1.50 fo a 33cl can. Fuck right off when decent real ales are 4 500ml bottles for a fiver or 6 quid. (Appreciate this is no good for Glastonbury as it's glass.)

The old golden hen version not bad too.

I've been looking for crates of 50cl cans of Old Golden Hen. 

Anyone seen any decent deals?

Boxes of Weston's Wyld Wood are my carry in booze. Works well warm and lighter to carry than equivalent cans.

T&C bar has been one of my favorites for a few years now. Some of the better beers on site plus the occasional wandering entertainer comes in.

I've never been that keen on Thatcher's. Even the stuff from their small bars is nothing close to a Weston's or Sheppy's. And i don't rate the stuff at the cider bus; i always want to enjoy it but never do.

And the Tuborg is the festival taking the piss from us. It's appalling stuff and has been for years. FFS try anything different please.

On 18/04/2017 at 8:46 PM, Wooderson said:

Maybe the worst thing about the festival. The beer is utter slop. And don't be coming at me with the Otter's Pocket or whatever weaktea they serve in the AveInn. That the likes of Siren/Beavertown/Cloudwater etc don't have a single keg on site is dire. 

In defence of the beer at the festival, think this is down to the fact that there aren't really any breweries in the south west producing the really hoppy stuff on a massive scale. Wiper and True in Bristol comes close but they aren't big enough. That aside, Otter, Moor, Cheddar Ales you can always get hold of. Remember treating myself to a pint of So'Hop last year in the bar next to the acoustic tent, was like gods nectar!

11 hours ago, Jugtanion said:

In defence of the beer at the festival, think this is down to the fact that there aren't really any breweries in the south west producing the really hoppy stuff on a massive scale. Wiper and True in Bristol comes close but they aren't big enough. That aside, Otter, Moor, Cheddar Ales you can always get hold of. Remember treating myself to a pint of So'Hop last year in the bar next to the acoustic tent, was like gods nectar!

Wow, they had So'Hop in there?? Some of the Moor stuff is great. Will definitely be investigating there more closely next year.

Wild Beer are a Somerset brewery getting pretty big now aren't they? Bibble is a decent hoppy session pale.

21 hours ago, DJ Cull said:

Anyone know where you can get Crabbies Ginger Beer in cans any more? I took it a couple of years ago but last year I couldn't find it in any of my local supermarkets. I know it's not a proper beer but it does taste ok warm.

Tesco online has Crabbies cans 4 packs - although these may only be available to me locally? Have managed to get these ordered and delivered that last few years and can confirm they are pretty decent, even when warm and a much better alternative to crap lager.

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=275894009

12 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Never really seen them on offer but they tend to be just over a quid a can in supermarkets. 

they don't do old golden hen in crates but it was just on offer at waitrose on 2 x 4 pack of cans for £8, so £1 a can. I combined it with a £6 off £30 voucher and stocked up on booze for festivals.

Although it doesn't come in crates it does mean that you get a full 500ml can and none of this 440ml nonsense.

I got some Wyld Wood boxes as well, these are great festival booze as stated above - these two are my go to selections.

8 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Wow, they had So'Hop in there?? Some of the Moor stuff is great. Will definitely be investigating there more closely next year.

Wild Beer are a Somerset brewery getting pretty big now aren't they? Bibble is a decent hoppy session pale.

Wild is excellent stuff and much more prevalent over the last year. Only used to be able to get it in 1 independent beer shop in Bristol (Gloucester Rd).

and yes, I think I've had so'hop for the last 2 years from that bar. If you can get a table in there, it's lovely for a drink. Otherwise, if the sun's out as it was in '15, between the acoustic tent and pilton palais is a great spot for a few good pints. Handy (not overused) long drops as well. What's not to like!

What I'd give to find a decent stout/porter on tap at glasto (please let me know if that is a thing that exists)

My thoughts of setting up camp end with a congratulatory warm creamy porter out of a can

9 hours ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

You sir are correct

Glad I'm right about something! :lol:

I'm not normally a wine drinker, but it's too much hassle trying to keep beers cool and they weigh too much to take on public transport. I'd take spirits, but I'm completely unable to regulate my alcohol intake with it. The first thing I find out about getting pissed is that my legs are unable to function. :D