Must sees that you didn't even know existed a week ago

Sasperella

I'd heard of Anderson.Paak from these here boards but never got round to listening to Malibu.... Error. It's an absolute belter. 

West Holts, bit of sun, a large cold Brothers and Mr Paak will be a delightful hour or so. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazed at the acts I've only discovered through people on here and friends' recommendations -

Jain - she is this year's Christine & The Queens!

The National!! Where have I been??

Moonlandingz

Thundercat

Anderson .Paak - West Holts is going to be immense this year!

More a case I've heard of the name but never listened to them scenario....

The Lemon Twigs

Glass Animals

Might have to give Moderat another listen if we thing JP sub Sunday  as I'll be up there for the headliner anyway :)

I would recommend The Moonlandingz too as bonkers live

On 07/04/2017 at 9:53 PM, TomViolence said:

I'm going to give the Moonlandingz album a go tomorrow - seems to be a lot of fans on here!

What did you think, Tom?

I came the party late, but heard an interview on 6Music. And they're getting a lot of airplay on there. Loving it. 

Another vote for The Moonlandingz here, certainly the only ones who satisfy the OP of the thread.

Aside from that there's a few I was already aware of that I've got right into since poster day, particularly Laura Marling who I've got into in a big way. Her new album is probably sitting as my AOTY so far and I'm digging lots of her back catalogue. Unfortunately it's unlikely I'll  see her if she's headlining The Park on Sunday as is speculated 

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

What did you think, Tom?

I came the party late, but heard an interview on 6Music. And they're getting a lot of airplay on there. Loving it. 

They are great live. Popped into the Rescue Rooms in Notts after the Grandaddy gig. That's what you call a Brucey Bonus! 

5 minutes ago, danegg said:

Just having a listen to all those mentioned now. This is what I love about Glastonbury- plenty of bands I've never heard of, who turn out to be awesome!

Quick question, though, how am I pronouncing Moderat? Mode-rat or Moder-at?

The latter, according to a Google search. 

Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes - How did I miss these guys - great heavy sound, like a mix of Slaves, QOTSA, Arctic Monkeys and Royal Blood - Highly recommend - will be one in the JP Tent i would think and will sound great live

The National - another one of those bands I thought I had no idea who they were or any of there songs then after doing a bit of research and good listening, they have lots of tracks I recognize and lots of ones that I never heard which are great (standouts being Start A War, Bloodbuzz Ohio and About Today yet lots more to listen to) 

First Aid Kit, Temples & Circa Waves were complete unknowns to me but bands I'd definitely like to see now.

Lorde is someone I'm only just getting into who I'd also like to see. Although I'd heard of her before the announcement, I'd never actually made any effort to give her a proper listen.

Think that takes me up to 15 acts/bands I want to see now, with still a ton more to be announced.

Give me Crystal Fighters and I'm done.