Must sees that you didn't even know existed a week ago

Sasperella

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This thread's worth a bump. How are the explorations going? Thanks to this thread / the Spotify playlist, Loyle Carner, Anderson Paak. and Parcels are all new ones on me which I'll be trying to catch.

In the spirit if not the letter of the original post, there are quite a few acts whom I would have thought a bit past it, but who's new (ish) material is actually pretty solid - Justice, Soulwax and the Avalanches spring to mind. And given all the Moderation love, I'll have to listen to III again - didn't grab me first time around, but loved the first two albums.

27 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

This thread's worth a bump. How are the explorations going? Thanks to this thread / the Spotify playlist, Loyle Carner, Anderson Paak. and Parcels are all new ones on me which I'll be trying to catch.

In the spirit if not the letter of the original post, there are quite a few acts whom I would have thought a bit past it, but who's new (ish) material is actually pretty solid - Justice, Soulwax and the Avalanches spring to mind. And given all the Moderation love, I'll have to listen to III again - didn't grab me first time around, but loved the first two albums.

I saw parcels supporting Two Door Cinema Club, not my kind of music, but they are really good live!!! :D

On 17/04/2017 at 8:17 PM, sunnydaysblue said:

I pronounce it in my head like Moderate. Totally wrong I'm sure

Mode-Rat I believe. 

Saw them live twice and they were awesome, such a massive sound. Saw two of them as Modeselektor as well at WHP. 

I don't know how The National have passed me by, they're cracking!

On 4.4.2017 at 7:31 PM, FloorFiller said:

Likewise on the Moderat front - started giving them a listen after seeing people bring them up a fair bit and now I wish I hadn't as they're ace/their live show looks ace and I'm almost definitely gonna end up missing them. Curse you fantastic lineup!

not to kill the vibe but I've found them rather dull every time (3) I've seen them :(

34 minutes ago, RossTC said:

Joe Goddard, was made aware of him as he played the thekla a couple weeks back. I couldnt attend the gig which really annoyed me then i noticed him on the poster, happy days!

His new album is ace, lasers is a bomb.. Must see for me! 

I've pronounced them as Mod-er-rat. And that's how I'm sticking. 

Anderson Paak continually astonishes me every time I listen to Malibu again

5 hours ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

There are quite a few acts whom I would have thought a bit past it, but who's new (ish) material is actually pretty solid - Justice

I think you are getting 'past it' mixed up with 'peaking'. They only had two albums before Woman came out last year. They must be way over the hill now the third has come out 

:P

30 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Pretty sure you're right . It's Modeselektor vs Apparat and I've always pronounced the latter App-a-rat. Really looking forward to seeing them so a little bit deflated that some say they're dull live.

6 hours ago, mjsell said:

Anderson Paak continually astonishes me every time I listen to Malibu again

I think you are getting 'past it' mixed up with 'peaking'. They only had two albums before Woman came out last year. They must be way over the hill now the third has come out 

:P

I stand corrected. It felt like there was a huge gap between albums 2 and 3, but now I look at it, I suppose 5 years isn't that bad these days. 

And definitely Mod-er-rat, preferably with a heavy German accent.

Today's listening: Joe Goddard. Big Hot Chip fan (a 2015 highlight for me) so I like my odds.

35 minutes ago, Grinding aftertaste said:

I stand corrected. It felt like there was a huge gap between albums 2 and 3, but now I look at it, I suppose 5 years isn't that bad these days. 

And definitely Mod-er-rat, preferably with a heavy German accent.

Today's listening: Joe Goddard. Big Hot Chip fan (a 2015 highlight for me) so I like my odds.

Joe Goddard's album won't disappoint - fingers crossed for a secret set at The Crows Nest!!