Lorde

jyoung

37 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yup, mentioned in a recent edition of that newsletter thing she does that she’s been working on new stuff and iirc she said it’s more bangers, less stoney acoustic strummers. Not expecting her to rush release anything any time soon, but maybe end of next year/start of ‘24 instead of the four year album cycle she’s been doing thus far. 

That monthly newsletter is so bizarre 😂 

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Dunno if I'm really over Lorde dropping Supercut, Perfect Places and Green Light in quick succession. Maybe I never will be.

The set was actually really fucking emotional in retrospect, maybe cause it was Sunday evening haha 

I think I said it earlier in this thread, but it's a shame she probably won't be back on the farm for a long time now, as I can't see what slot she could play. OS headliner? 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Zacko said:

The set was actually really fucking emotional in retrospect, maybe cause it was Sunday evening haha 

I think I said it earlier in this thread, but it's a shame she probably won't be back on the farm for a long time now, as I can't see what slot she could play. OS headliner? 

Here’s hoping for a monster 4th record and she headlines the pointy fucker. She’d have a set that could go toe to toe with just about anyone.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...
15 minutes ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Curious to see which way it skews. Was a little underwhelmed by Solar Power but that's probably more down to personal preference. 

Solar Power really grew on me.  I have a lot of love for it even though it's her weakest release so far.  I trust her! 

It's a weird one.  I was underwhelmed by the album on release, but hearing those same songs at Glastonbury I really enjoyed them and Stoned at the nail salon was a highlight moment for the festival for me in 22.

I've got faith that she'll be back with bangers though.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Spindles said:

It's a weird one.  I was underwhelmed by the album on release, but hearing those same songs at Glastonbury I really enjoyed them and Stoned at the nail salon was a highlight moment for the festival for me in 22.

I've got faith that she'll be back with bangers though.

She played superbly on the television for Glastonbury last year too, I will say, and it was a decent show in Leeds.

No new tracks dropped last night but an utterly incredible performance. It’s been a long time since I was so engaged with an act from start to finish. The set was more elaborate than at Glastonbury and because it wasn’t performed in daylight there was more scope to build the lighting and video as the set went on.

If she can put out a new album and get back on the road in time she would make a very worthy Other Stage headliner in 2024.