Pyramid: Radiohead, The XX

Other: Major Lazer, Stormzy, BBK

Saturday

Pyramid: Foo Fighters, Biffy, Royal Blood

Other: Alt-J, Lorde, Phoenix

Sunday

Pyramid: Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb

Other: The National

There is no chance of that run, at Reading yes but here no.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Especially when Royal Blood are playing Friday 

I didn't think I needed to say that again tbh, it's different for Alt-J as they aren't doing a gig a couple of hours up the road from it the day before.

That Saturday could have a run though of FF, Biffy, Van Morrison, Lorde, Craig David, Kaiser Chiefs, ?. I probably wouldn't attend any of the bottom half but that's a very strong run. Van might not be there but with Madness, Burt, Robert and Elvis C in the last 4 years it seems normal to have one now.

On 31/03/2017 at 6:59 PM, swede said:

Totally agree. I was all for The XX subbing the pyramid but after seeing that show in all its glory in Nottingham it's perfect for a night time headline slot on the other. Would be totally different to their 2013 set as well.

Could go either way but I'm leaning towards The National on Other atm.

Ideal for me would be either:

Friday: Radiohead, The National

Saturday: RTJ (JP)

Sunday: Justice (WH)

or

Friday: Radiohead, The Flaming Lips (Other)

Saturday: RTJ (JP)

Sunday: The National (Other)

Reckon I'd be slightly happier seeing Justice than The Flaming Lips, but the second option will mean a better slot for The National, so either works for me.

On the stuff about The National being big enough for Other headline, I think the thing with acts like them and LCD Soundsystem is that it's either give them high slots or don't get them at all. Glastonbury will know they won't draw the biggest crowds, especially compared to the likes of Major Lazer and Disclosure, but because of their large cult followings and high placings they can get at other, more niche festivals, they probably wouldn't accept smaller slots at Glastonbury. Glastonbury will have a decent amount of attendees who'd probably be less interested in going if they didn't chuck in a few bookings like that every year so it's probably worth it for them to make sure they can get them on the bill.

I'm rambling but to sum up, Glasto will know they won't draw the biggest crowd but they'll be happy to give em a big slot because if not they wouldn't be able to book em at all.

And on the Royal Blood thing, acts often list the first day of a festival on their tour dates before day splits are announced. Hurricane/Southside haven't announced their day splits so 99% of acts playing will have it listed as Friday, like Royal Blood have. Royal Blood will 99% be playing on the Friday at Glastonbury.

8 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

What day is the consensus on Justice? Friday/West Holts?

Friday or Sunday West Holts imo. I've got em down for Sunday because my 3rd WH headliner is Bonobo whose tour dates suggest Friday, but if it wasn't for that I'd be 50/50 on which day I expect em. 

34 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Friday or Sunday West Holts imo. I've got em down for Sunday because my 3rd WH headliner is Bonobo whose tour dates suggest Friday, but if it wasn't for that I'd be 50/50 on which day I expect em. 

Thanks! I'm hoping for Friday... Sunday is a day of sobriety!

2 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Damnit, Bonobo really is going to clash with Radiohead, isn't he!

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

QOTSA got a good crowd in 2011.

I dont think Sheeran's crowd will be as big as coldplays was last year. Those who baffling enjoy Sheeran, really love him - but he has a lot of people who feel the polar opposite & wouldnt be seen dead there. Coldplay dont seem have that as much. (Away from this board anyway)

His crowd will obviously be massive. Bigger than Radiohead's, but I cant see it being monumental. 

The national could pull a decent crowd if they are sunday other headliners.

It looks like I am going to be watching Ed Sheeran :sorry::ph34r:

9 hours ago, Divein said:

I *think* justice are headling John peel on Saturday. 

Would make perfect sense as they seem to like booking at least one dance/electronic act on one of the main stages. Looks like Foos/Alt J/Warpaint/Jacksons on the other four, so Justice seems the logical and right kind of size alternative for the JPT.

Would fit in with the previous rumour that Liam Gallagher/Justice/Wiley were headlining the Other - perhaps that info was good but meant for JPT instead? I can't really recall exactly what was said at the time.

50 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

Would make perfect sense as they seem to like booking at least one dance/electronic act on one of the main stages. Looks like Foos/Alt J/Warpaint/Jacksons on the other four, so Justice seems the logical and right kind of size alternative for the JPT.

Would fit in with the previous rumour that Liam Gallagher/Justice/Wiley were headlining the Other - perhaps that info was good but meant for JPT instead? I can't really recall exactly what was said at the time.

Thing just makes me think how Wiley could ever be thought of atm to headline Other.

I don't think Liam is JP though, but Friday headliner on there or Friday somewhere on Other I think. He won't be Other Saturday seemingly with their whole hip theme, and he won't want to get caught up against Barry Gibb, unfortunately I can't see against Chic being an issue though.

I'm hoping not Friday JP as I'd quite like to see him and already have either Status Quo or Sophie Ellis lined up for something different, or both if I can get out of Quo very quick and make a decent effort to get to Avalon in 15/20 mins I think I'd be okay, not likely to miss much that early or have trouble getting in.

Edited by thewayiam

53 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Do we have any good indication of whether The XX and The National are gonna be subbing Pyramid or headlining Other?

Just educated guessing at this point. Personally I think The National will be the sub but it could go either way. I think it's pretty clear, at least, that one of those two acts is playing before Radiohead.

7 hours ago, Divein said:

I heard it a while back but when you look at the other information we have about who is headlining other stages it's the only place I see them fitting 

Looking at the rest of the lineup I had them nailed on as WH headliners as I couldn't see anyone else but The Jacksons who could take that slot.

5 hours ago, kingbadger said:

I guess so but there was no dance act on the Sunday last year unless you're gonna class LCD Soundsystem as one.