2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

Even though TBHC isn't as crowd-friendly as Arctic Monkeys' previous albums, it's surely still gonna be as crowd pleasing as something like A Moon Shaped Pool? And then obviously Arctic Monkeys have more crowd pleasers to fill out the rest of the set with than Radiohead do, and are in general a more popular band whose announcement/appearance will go down better with the masses.

I can't see them not wanting to book them. Especially we already seem to be struggling to come up with acts for next year, resorting to predicting the likes of Foals.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Even though TBHC isn't as crowd-friendly as Arctic Monkeys' previous albums, it's surely still gonna be as crowd pleasing as something like A Moon Shaped Pool?

there isnt anything on TBHC that bangs like Ful Stop yo

I agree with you overall though, no way are they gonna book someone like Foals over AM

Edited by rhg_99
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, rhg_99 said:

there isnt anything on TBHC that bangs like Ful Stop yo

I agree with you overall though, no way are they gonna book someone like Foals over AM

Four Out of Five is better than the 4th worst song on AMSP cheers.

But honestly even though Ful Stop is brilliant live, I get the feeling that the more casual music fans at the Pyramid Stage would rather a big singalong than something like that.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Arctic Monkeys, Kendrick, Florence and the Machine

1 for the Neil Lonsdale brigade/guitars Friday

1 new and "daring"

1 kinda new and female and perfect Sunday night BBC fodder

Seems too modern a trio to me. Kick one of the guitar acts out for Fleetwood Mac and it looks much more Glastonbury.

14 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Even though TBHC isn't as crowd-friendly as Arctic Monkeys' previous albums, it's surely still gonna be as crowd pleasing as something like A Moon Shaped Pool? And then obviously Arctic Monkeys have more crowd pleasers to fill out the rest of the set with than Radiohead do, and are in general a more popular band whose announcement/appearance will go down better with the masses.

I can't see them not wanting to book them. Especially we already seem to be struggling to come up with acts for next year, resorting to predicting the likes of Foals.

I dunno. It could be just a case of whether they wanna be booking them on this album vs. next album. I'm still predicting that they're already spoken for tbh.

Also w/ Foals it's more of a prediction of a band that have hit headline status since last playing and fit as a cheaper British guitar band to do the slot, rather than going through all the big names and crossing them all out and 'resorting to' the Foals.

Just now, Odessa said:

Florence is being predicted a lot... Surely she isn't anywhere near important enough to headline twice. Especially just 4 or 5 years on from last time.

Erm, I think she reaches the low level of requisite 'importance' for a Glastonbury headliner. Too soon though for definite.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I dunno. It could be just a case of whether they wanna be booking them on this album vs. next album. I'm still predicting that they're already spoken for tbh.

Also w/ Foals it's more of a prediction of a band that have hit headline status since last playing and fit as a cheaper British guitar band to do the slot, rather than going through all the big names and crossing them all out and 'resorting to' the Foals.

Aye even if they're spoken for in 2019 tho I think they'll do 2020. Can't see them not doing one or the other.

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Erm, I think she reaches the low level of requisite 'importance' for a Glastonbury headliner. Too soon though for definite.

Ofc she deserved to do it. But people moan about repeat bookings as it is, and it's been huge stadium acts like Coldplay and Muse where you can sorta understand them being booked at every opportunity. Or legendary acts like The Who. I feel like Florence has done it now and I don't see why it needs to happen again.

1 minute ago, Odessa said:

Ofc she deserved to do it. But people moan about repeat bookings as it is, and it's been huge stadium acts like Coldplay and Muse where you can sorta understand them being booked at every opportunity. Or legendary acts like The Who. I feel like Florence has done it now and I don't see why it needs to happen again.

Sexism.

5 minutes ago, Odessa said:

I don't think Coldplay started playing stadiums until after they'd already headlined twice, and when Arctic Monkeys were booked in 2013, I believe that was before they spiked in popularity again. Anyway there just aren't enough headliners to case aside the likes of Florence and the Machine after one go - and, whisper it, but same goes for all yer K bands.

1 minute ago, Retro P said:

So right it hurts, just don’t see it happening anytime soon though unfortunately. 

They have apparently been asked a bunch of times. Money-hungry though, supposedly. I think they'd be a very decent bet if they were likely to be touring next year but, their tour ends in July.